edition.cnn.com/2017/08/22/us/philadelphia-septa-train-incident/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B4krefTqlJg
youtube.com/watch?v=K_s3Cxr7aRI
youtube.com/watch?v=6HYSUZm8MQA
ymm.yale.edu/autumn2002/news/findings/53806/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't get it.

In the movie "unbreakable". sam jackson's character causes disasters which kill a lot of people so he can find someone with superpowers. he crashes a train in philadelphia which only has one survivor. Bruce Willis.

Hypercrisis

So who's the Mr Glass behind it?

Samuel L. Jackson.

What was the next step in his master plan?

I was really banking on the eclipse to give me super powers. If it did, I haven't figured out what they are yet.

they are making a unbreakable sequel. the villain is professor X from split

Becoming a supervillain.

Unbreakable and split are some of the best capeshit movies ever.

You need a near-death experience.

Have you ever seen a GOAT movie tarnished by the most minute thing in an ending?

That stupid text message saying he was arrested was so obviously tacked on at the last minute

I feel like the fact that we got a stealth sequel to this movie more than a decade afterwards and we're getting another one fairly soon more than makes up for the Text ending.

He was obsessed wit comics. The thrill of finding an extraordinary person was at the end of the day all he wanted. He realized that hewas Bruce Willis' nemesis by doing all this shit but I don't think he had some grand scheme planned.

The text sucks but "They called me Mr. Glass" redeems it.

I'm more surprised that Casey is coming back for Glass. I figured her story was over at the end of Split.

yeah. he basically was looking for something in the world that would justify why he had to lead such a miserable existence. some purpose behind his suffering. being the counterbalance to an actual superhero gave him that justification, and gave him a reason to live

That's also the plot of the Infamous games

When do we start racism against mutantkind?

how do you define who a mutant is?
Does a guy with pretty high bendiness become a mutant?

But Kessler is doing that because of some grand keikaku.

Mr. Glass is just a fucking lunatic, he can barely function in normal society and made up some self-fulfilling bullshit in order to justify his psychosis.

Isn't that more like genism?

>The Mr. Glass Movie ends with David Dunn looking over a grave of a lost love one, his wife or son maybe. A man in a hat approves him from behind.
>"Rough day huh?"
>"Rough couple of weeks actually."
>"I heard you on the news, you're supposed to be this Unbreakable man right? You remind me of someone I met when I was young. Look a lot like him as well."
>"How do you know?"
>"Your wife/son/lost love one told me."
>"I don't even know you, they never even mentioned you once, how do you all of this, my powers, the things I did, how?"
>"Easy..."
>The man takes off his hat, revealing a older Cole Sear/Haley Joel Osment, he smiles and says in a casual tone.
>"I see dead people."

I was just saying that I'd see Glass day one if fat Haley Joel Osmont showed up as a member of the team.

that happened before that.
you can't redeem something unless you come after it

I'll have to rewatch it but I was under the impression that she had powers too and that it was heavily implied that she told the cop about her uncle so I'm not too surprised that she's coming back.

I'm talking about subsequent viewings.

>I'll have to rewatch it but I was under the impression that she had powers too

Nope. The Beast's speech about trauma survivors being stronger and worthy was a bunch of psychotic nonsense just like Mr. Glass.

>and that it was heavily implied that she told the cop about her uncle

It'll be nice to get actual resolution on here character, true. The ending was a bit abrupt for my tastes.

>The guy who made Unbreakable made Last Airbender, Lady In The Water, and The Happening

How?

We have those sloppy periods in our career. It can happen to any director.

Hey, Lady in the water is damn good.

Yeah but shamylan's made more slop than good at this point. His good movies are the outliers, not the trend

>3 movies
>more slop than good

>Sloppy period

All of his movies are bad except Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Split (which was just ok).

No, it wasn't.

The Village is very good

After earth and the village were also hot garbage

How can someone hate the Village? It's great.

The Village is half-good at best and Signs was wildly overrated at the time. After Earth is trash.

The Visit was alright, though. It had a sense of humour about itself at least.

He's made 11 movies user (not counting his first movie).

>The Village is half-good at best

It's pretty good at vest.

The Village is shit. That twist was awful.

Ah.
Thanks user. I really do need to make time to re-watch it soon.

The twist is actually fantastic. The movie is about how adamant these parents are at sticking to what they feel is best for their kids, and how too far gone it is to turn back.

The movie starts with one of their grandkids dead so early on, and the utter tragedy that it could have been prevented if they weren't so stubborn. The raw emotion from the actors of the parents really sells the regret and depression of this situation whenever it comes up.

YOU FAILED!

there is no sole survivor who is miraculously unharmed.

It's pretty good on rewatch.

It was interesting to see the deleted scenes, there was a whole terrible subplot involving the psychiatrist that M Night wisely cut out.

Except it's added symbolism that means nothing. You could have set the story in Ya Olden Times and still kept the same theme by just having the "monster" roaming the woods, making ti modern day is just a twist for the sake of itself.

The twist is hot garbage because it falls apart after even a second of scrutiny

YOU FOOL, don't you know he'll only try again and again?

that would actually come close to redeeming shamwow in my eyes

youtube.com/watch?v=B4krefTqlJg
The text really does break the flow of the scene. Don't care for the way the camera shakes either, but it's still great.

Remember when they advertised it as a horror movie?

The only thing horrifying about it was how boring it was.

it was literally a live action episode of scooby doo

youtube.com/watch?v=K_s3Cxr7aRI

After Earth was more of a Will Smith movie than a Shammawow movie.

I know just about nothing about what you guys are discussing, but I'll still chip in and say that I can't imagine anyone who's not retarded in some kind of way making this.

youtube.com/watch?v=6HYSUZm8MQA

Piss off, Dobson.

Get with the times, Anons.

They already found a family from Connecticut with unbreakable bones. Like 50 members and not a fracture among their medical histories. They all have big jaws and shit.

ymm.yale.edu/autumn2002/news/findings/53806/

>Connecticut
guess I'll be paying my deviant neighbors a visit

That movie was a shit show but the scene where they confront the monster and all they can do is yell ooga booga at them was pretty good.
Also a lot of confused feelings about Carmen Electra taking a shit