Devout Catholic

>Devout Catholic
>Dresses up as Satan

I don't understand this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdi_u1ZenRw
youtube.com/watch?v=FdolFXcNAH4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Its not a crime to be a retarded faggot OP, dont feel sad.

You've obviously never been Catholic.

This.

Do Catholics worship Satan?

Someone hasn't read his Jack Chick.

Catholics are just satanists who extort money from people and rape kids. There is a reason most of the world broke off from their italian warlord cult of personality.

His costume is supposed to represent the fear he puts into criminals. He's Catholic, there's nothing scarier than Satan.

You need to read up on your Red Batman

>Catholics
>not evil
Somebody get this kid a Chick tract, stat.

youtube.com/watch?v=Wdi_u1ZenRw

I always took this as he understands going out and beating criminals to a pulp is still wrong and his guilt makes him dress as what he believes he is

Alright. Break it down for my fedora tipping self, if you would, good sir.

He's blind, he doesn't know what he's wearing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FdolFXcNAH4

Yes there is, God

Checkmate athiests

Show me where in the bible a picture of Satan, or he's a red man Catholicuck

>Catholics

Go worship marry more. You got go and stay go

he's blind

juxtaposition,my good bitch

kek.

lmao

>dareDEVIL
really makes you think
he symbolizes the good aspect of Satan, i.e. punishing sinners

>the good aspect of Satan

Nigga...

>punishing sinners
yes, what?

I mean, God's apparently chill enough with the Devil that he had no problem with all that Job shit.

Choice has become an important part of sin in Catholicism in the past 50 years or so. They've moved further away from inherent sin (without removing the idea entirely), and placed more emphasis on the actions you make, and what you give and take in life.

Hell, both Mignola and his created character Hellboy are Catholics, that's half the latter's shtick. Choice is more important that anything else.

In addition, mocking the devil is perfectly fine to most Christians and other liberal followers of 'the Book' faiths in general. You get gay satans in webcomics and cartoons, you get satan being outsmarted by an oaf and his blue haired wife, you get Satan having the shit kicked out of him at a tech expo, Satan is literally the main villain in the worst Sonic game ever made, he's the villain in the Diablo series, he's continuously hunted by Doomguy etc.

It's not exactly sacrilegious to mock him, and people aren't puritan enough to give a shit if they take his name in vain or dress up as him.

That kinda bullshit arose from puritan protestantism in the US, where apparently everyone forgot that bullshit rules created by religion might be disadvantageous to them as well.

I always thought that a good joke for DD would be for whoever makes his outfits to color it like an asshole
like make him a rainbow or pink or something and he's the only one who isn't able to tell what's wrong when the thugs he's beating up are laughing at how dumb he looks

>Pic related

It's because he's coming to collect.

>>punishing sinners
>yes, what?
God does that without Satan. Satan is just redundant

God and his subordinate are drinking buddies.

God will literally torture the shit out of good people (and their families, and their livestock) just to win a bet he and the devil made on the way back from the pub.

Seriously, I know Job got replacements for everything in the end because he's such a good guy, but what the fuck did Job's family get in return?

Same shit as Bruce dressing as the bat that scared the shit out of him in Year One, he does it to provoke fear.

they went back to being God. all reality emanates from God and returns to God.

God's a faggot and got shot to death by a cowboy

user that was just a comic book

>taking the bible, fuck, taking any fucking religious story this literal!
guys, stop

He wont dress as god, that would be blasphemous, and besides, for a catholic demons are the closest asosiation that you will get of hell, becuase for them god is purely about love and and forgiving wisedom, like that of a father, not the aggresive and punitive god fundamentalist like to preach about all the time.

>implying the bible is more factual

not if they had sinned. Then he kills them and they go to hell

>Not taking the bible edition I read literally
Heathen

its a dante reference u dingus!

not canon

Then that's what they get for being wicked.
See, it all works out.

the bible is the source material we're talking about here, not garth ennis's edgy fanfiction

Do suspicious and cowardly criminals worship bats?

There are multiple bible canons

Infact you could consider most of the works that make up a bible fanfiction

Superstitious*

Alas i am revealed as a phoneposting faggot

>Cant understand the basic difference between a comic book made for entertainment purposes and a religious text.
inb4 "I was just pretending to be a retard"

We've used the devil and demons as representations of human sin and faillings for thousands of years.

Daredevil's just basically a walking gargoyle, who dresses like the devil to remind the criminals he hunts of their poor choices.

In the end, in the grand scheme of things, they amount to the same. Rxcept the flame wars had when discussing one is a little more intense

Gargoyles are good things though, they look like that to SCARE AWAY demons.

If anything we should have more superheroes themed after gargoyles, instead of shit like bats.

even among the apocrypha, there is no system of sinners being eternally tortured in hell. that was a middle-ages invention

Neither has any more fact behind it than the other, its literally whatever someone wants to believe is true and claims as such.

Go cry at your parents murder scene, fagort.

Just because you dont have a frame of reference to distinguish separate works in terms of veracity it doesn't mean historians don't either.

DeMatteis would agree with you.

Satan isn't evil unless you're a dumbass who's easily fooled by tv evangelicals. He's an instrument of justice. You fear him, but he operates under the will of God and bears no ill will to the innocent and those who repent.

Read the book of Job.
God's actually completely cool with Satan coming up to visit and wandering the Earth.

>Same shit as Bruce dressing as the bat that scared the shit out of him in Year One, he does it to provoke fear.

This, how complicated is this really?
>I wanna be scary
>What do I think is scary?

Same reason Norman Osborn became a Goblin, of all random things, he had nightmares about a Goblin

There is a comic from like, the 70s I think that is exactly what you described. I don't have a picture of it on my phone. But maybe Google or some other user will help you. Just Google "what if Daredevils tailor lied to him" or some shit.

YOU HAVE TO BE A DAREDEVIL TO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME! AAAHHH..!

It's 'What if Daredevil had a Dishonest Tailor?'
Lots of fun

This boils down to the fact that if you ask a Christian or Jew what Satan does you'll get different answers

Christians call him the archenemy of all that is right. Jews take a slightly more nuanced view and they think he basically works for God as a drill sergeant for the soul