What is the rarest merch you own?

What is the rarest merch you own?

I was looking for some copies of Captain Star not that long ago and quickly realized it hardly got any releases even on VHS and was never released on DVD at all
Even Wikipedia didn't know how many releases it had gotten so I figured I'd message the creator of the show and ask them. I got chatting with him for a while and he was really stoked that I was a big fan, so he offered to just make me a copy of his personal DVDs that him and the co-creator made for themselves.

This is quite literally the coolest thing I've ever owned, I fucking loved this show and still can't believe I ended up getting probably the most valuable memorabilia for it because I couldn't find/afford any of the VHS
He was even nice enough to send me a bunch of little promotional material he had laying around and drew a little captain star with a message for me on the back of one

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p3biL20Rz84
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok

I have a few signed singles, but nothing super rare or popular.
I own some trades that could be worth something if they were in good condition.

Not familiar with Captain Star, but his creator sounds like a bro.

I'm not too interested in buying expensive collector's items, so I don't own anything particularly rare. The most expensive Sup Forums-related thing I have is probably DC's Superdictionary, but it's not very difficult to find copies of it.

>Not familiar with Captain Star
its a 90's cartoon based on a comic book, the plot is that Captain Star (the greatest hero the world has ever known) has been waiting (and waiting, and waiting, and waiting) at the 'edge of the universe' for more orders from mission control but they never come. Its got some underlying themes of obsession and generally as a rather witty and dry sense of humor. I always really loved it but it wasn't on TV for very long and I'm not even sure if it played outside of Canada
youtu.be/p3biL20Rz84

Unfortunately the only real way to watch it these days is super low quality rips on youtube, so I might actually copy the files from the DVDs and upload them myself since they're all really high resolution and crystal clear. The DVDs are direct copies of the creators collection after all so its direct from the source, doesn't get much higher quality than that

There is some xvid vhs? copy floating around for season 1 and 2, but a DVD would be nice. Would be cool if you could rip the whole disc as iso or folder and upload it somewhere like mega.nz

DVDfab (30 day trial) is a decent program for something like that or just copy them over since those home made dvds shouldn't have any copy protection on them.

I recall someone here many years ago was proposing to do something similar and email John R. Dilworth about copying the original Courage masters onto a DVD. Cool stuff OP

I don't really know what the rarest thing I have is, but I do have a lot of original art and signed stuff including;

>Merv Pumkpkinhead bust (no.13 of 2000) signed by Neil Gaiman
>Dreaming Eagles NYCC exclusive HC (no.14 of 200) signed by Garth Ennis
>Mezco Lobster Johnson figure (ghost variant, edition of 2000)
>Art of Cars HC signed by Lasseter and other key crew, inc. a sketch by Bill Cone
>Gorillaz - Rise of the Ogre first edition HC

That's just stuff off the top of my head at least

I have a few Marvel number 1's I love how without context that really means nothing anymore.
By that I mean Avengers number 1

not Sup Forums but a 1960 Les Paul Junior,
it's a fucking beautiful guitar and plays like butter

I had totally forgotten about this show until just now. I cant even remember any about it, I just recognize the characters....

Crickets #3 first printing
Two copies of the thousand print run of Tim Hensley's Sir Alfred #3
A really rare and expensive Theo Ellsworth mini
Berni Wrightson A Look Back first print
Kramers Ergot #7
First printing of 1947 ed. of Creative Ilustration by Andrew Loomis
I think the first three Capitol mag-sized copies of Nexus are pretty rare/expensive (only seen #1 for sale about once or twice)
Weirdo #1 first printing
Entire run of Fanta's Zero Zero anthology, some of those issues are like rocking horse shit
First four issues of the mag size Jim by Jim Woodring
Fairly rare early D & Q floppies like the first 9 or 10 issues of Palookaville
Monsters first print by Ken Dahl
Lotsa early Eigthball issue firsts
Trailer Trash/Sof' Boy/early Acme first prints
First three issues of Keeping Two by Jordan Crane (with the silkscreened covers), shits go for mad prices whenever they po up on E-Bay
Oh and paid £3:50 for Kaz's Buzzbomb oversized anthology from a weird German company who mostly sold capes and obviously didn't know what they had, I've seen that comic go for fucking 150 quid at least.
Plus assorted Crumb first print floppies
Wow, noice

Do you own all 6 Crickets issues? If so, please storytime issue 5 & 6, i'm begging you. Or just 5 if you don't have that much time. PLEASE!

Yeah two copies of six and two copies of four, busy tonight dude but keep an eye out for the next two days, I promise I'll at least do six. I have #4 all ready, storytimed that when it came out...listen to the Harkham Process Party podcast and he's eight pages away from finishing 7, SQUEEEEEEE!

I own a bunch of rare DVDs of cartoons... that nobody cares about because they were hardly or never aired in the US. Fuck.

Btw yeah I do have the D & Q Crickets 1 and 2, they're great but just not a patch on the Blood of the Virgin stuff. #2 has some great little shorts, though.Ya don't have a copy of Begotten, do ya? First ten minutes of that film is the most psychological shit I've ever seen, I swear. Been obsessed with the Aleksei German Hard To Be A God since I first saw it, also on a big Quentin Dupieux kick at the moment. A true original, Wrong is a fucking masterpiece

Oh, it was you who storytimed issue 4! Thank you! I'm looking forward to the issue 6 storytime! (I know it's not nice of me to beg for Crickets storytimes instead of buying them, but I don't like floppies, and will buy the collected Blood of the Virgin book anyway once it's released in the hopefully not so distant future.)

I also have this. Even though she's not a famous artist this is one of my favorite paintings in the world and it is the origional.

I have 5 battle royale ultimate editions.

Sir Alfred #3
A few mini comics by Hanselmann, Collins/Negron

I got season 1 of tmnt 2003
Some jerry lewis comics from the 40s or 50s
Original printing ronin tpb
None of its worth money tho

personalized astro city comics and a message from brent anderson

Yeah that was me Goodtastebro! I think I told you I brought two issues of #3 but before it was reprinted it was seling for silly money so I sold mine... I'm not like an "investor" but Crickets is like a guide to making the perfect comic, know what I mean? So I have one to study for and another to keep nice. I have a A3 scanner/printer so as long as I can keep my spine okay I'll do 5 for ya. The only reason I get it is that I basically have a standing order at my LCS for 2 copies, it can't have a big print run so no need to apologise for "begging", I KNOW you'll support Harkham when the book collection comes out ( two issues to go after the next one, apparently!!!)! So no worries man, happy to help out anyone with god taste and it's not lie we're robbing the guy 'cause I DO by two copies!....
Cool!
My man! Oh, ya reminded me with Negron, I have the first two issues of Thickness and Lose #1. Wish I'd bought two copies of THAT fucker!....

Probably this baby.

All four of my Parker hardcovers are sketched in by Darwyn. .. .

Worked at a lcs and processed books for online orders. Sold 3 of this in a day before I realized the price had skyrocketed. I regret not canceling one of those orders and snatching it for myself.

So jelly, best thing Morrison and Yeowell ever did, guess I'll have to settle for mt yellowed, musty-assed progs :(

this is an awesome thread. i have no idea what star captain is, but the fact that your love for a hidden gem led to you getting some authentic merch from the creator just blows my mind. i hope he appreciates the love as much as you appreciate those dvds.

I have the entire run of Kamandi in floppy.