THE REAL REASON ACTION CARTOONS DIED

youtube.com/watch?v=eOVgPjDiNoY

What really happened to action cartoons like Samurai Jack, Avatar, and Spectacular Spiderman

i'm not watching your shitty youtube video you dumb fucking nigger

get it through your fucking skull

>Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
u = dumbass

15 minutes of nothing

I agree that streaming is the future. But this is old news

Action cartoons died because the world changed drastically in the late 2000s, and not for the better.
The 2010s only managed to do mystery cartoons well, and even that seems over now.

If a kid wants action they'll play CoD, no need for action cartoons

Avatar genuinely ended and Spectacular was killed because of a rights conflict between Sony and Disney/Marvel.

Some of them had specific reasons.

Didn't season 5 SJ prove there was still an interest though? Discussion of whether the season was good or not aside, a lot of people actually tuned in and I'm pretty sure it was received highest rating the Toonami block ever got.

>Avatar genuinely ended
AFAIK Avatar ended because the movie deal cut it short at 3 seasons.

No, it didn't. They had a specific story to tell in three seasons/books and they told it. Nothing cut it short.

He's right about the streaming. Putting Action cartoons on Netflix or apps is the way of the future

No, that's not even remotely true

>Didn't season 5 SJ prove there was still an interest though?
-There was always an interest in a S5 of SJ. That doesn't mean everybody's going to want to start making them
-That only got an S5 because the creator wanted to make it. There has to be people wanting to make them

The guy who basically made the show great (Ehasz) apparently had a bunch of ideas for Book 4, and even Book 5. When the show was cut short, they had to basically rewrite a lot of Book 3 to fit the rushed ending, and that's why we got unsatisfying Kataang instead of Zutara, for example. (IIRC this applied to the Book 2 ending as well, in which Zuko was apparently not supposed to side with Azula.)

Not true. The original outline for ATLA written by Konietzko/DiMartino only encompassed three books/seasons.

>The guy who basically made the show great (Ehasz) apparently had a bunch of ideas

You might be thinking of the standalone animated special pitches equivalent to the current "season 5" of the CGI TMNT show.

Is this a fucking rebel taxi video.

I'm not gonna check, but if it is you're a massive tool.

>The original outline for ATLA written by Konietzko/DiMartino only encompassed three books/seasons.
They weren't the real brains behind the show. That's why what they wrote is irrelevant here.
>You might be thinking of the standalone animated special pitches equivalent to the current "season 5" of the CGI TMNT show.
I'm guessing you're referring to the 90-minute movies, one of which became the "The Search" comic? Those were made after what I said had happened, and indeed because of that.

How can we bring back action cartoons ?

You don't. They were the product of a culture that no longer exists, just like so many other things.

I'm not watching your video, OP, fuck off.

Watch the ones on Netflix and you'll keep getting more.

>They weren't the real brains behind the show.

They were the creators of the show premise and its central plot. Yes Ehasz changed a lot of it such as Season 2 and 3, but the core of the show was largely still theirs (having Aang defeat the Firelord and restore balance).

>There has to be people wanting to make them
That's not an issue. The issue is NETWORKS wanting to fund them. Executives dont see action cartoons as profitable, for whatever reason,

THEY ONLY EXISTED TO SELL TOYS

KIDS DONT PLAY WITH TOYS ANYMORE

What's wrong with rebel taxi? I never heard of them.

He's Sup Forums incarnate, and Sup Forums hates staring at a mirror.

these were shows that for the most part were much more reliant on toy sales. They weren't like MLP or AT that'd have way more merch pouring in or like established shet that constantly gets rebooted.

A 5-year-old could have come up with the basic plot, user. Their talents are in the visuals, but they are simply not good at writing stories.

(And they certainly are talented in the sphere of art. I actually recall someone mentioned Ehasz practically never touched that, it was all Bryke.)

Action shows are meant to sell toys. Why the fuck would a parent buy a kid a 15 dollar toy when a game app is free and will be more fun and last longer.

Pandering to collectors is the only way it lasts.

Just another autistic cartoon reviewer.

>and that's why we got unsatisfying Kataang instead of Zutara, for example

So you're a butthurt retard making shit up, then.

I'm not making anything up, this is behind-the-scenes info you would know if you bothered to do some basic research. (Well, most of it anyways.)

BITCH
NIGGER

BITCH
NIGGER

Dude we been over this, most of those cartoons are not anygood and Warners has done better then Duck Dodgers:TAS.

These are the best TV cartoons ever made.
Kids don't want COD, kids want Super Mario Odyssey, just like adults.

Otherwise Child Protection Services will take their kids away for letting them touch games only for adults.
No, Avatar was killed off because of the economic collapse of 2008, Nick needed to cut funds and Avatar was the biggest money sink they had so they got rid of it.
And you never make a cartoon just to sell shit.

Has John K taught you nothing?No, 22+ minute adds are bad, theres a reason why shows like Mighty Mouse The New Adventures, The Simpsons, Tiny Toons and Ren & Stimpy happen.

It's to kill off the toy adds.

Looking up the conspiracy theories deranged shippers make to justify their head cannon is not research buddy.

He's like any other user here, except he's a fucking idiot who tells his personal shit life with a name attached.

Wakfu... The true last action cartoon...

>...

Why are you doing this? Do you even understand why you use those fucking dots?

Fuck off dummy.

heh, actually watched the vid.
>blames Disney because not only did they have Marvel but they finally got Star Wars
>basically all the other networks stuck to big named brands as well

He's using them right, you illiterate moron.

This. He didn't explain shit.

he seems more into scapegoating one or two issues that occurred all at once instead of a lot of contributing factors that built up over time.

>instead of a lot of contributing factors that built up over time.
like?

These sort of videos always take forever to get to the point.

Yeah, but those were the bare bones of the stories user. It's the writers that helped Bryke get the story off their feet that made the meat of the stories as we know it.

With Bryke in creative control, you get Korra. With all of the writers getting their say, you get Avatar.

>that's why we got unsatisfying Kataang instead of Zutara
STILL SALTY A DECADE LATER

Holy shit Zutarans are pathetic.

This.

I actually saw new Ben 10 action figures in store today, even that fuckin' steampunk villain got a figure. So they're willing to risk it with Ben 10, but that was the last successful action-figure-driven franchise.