The Great X-Men Storytime - Vol. 5: Fall of the Mutants (Part 16)

Finally, some time to storytime some comiX, Jesus H.

PREVIOUSLY ON X-MEN:

So this comic's nice and all but can we talk about the best movie of 2017 so far for a second here?

Is Gosamyr bona fide waifubait or what?

there's like a lot of slavery in this era and in xmen space...

This reminds me how rare relationships where the woman is older are in media in general, whether it's movies, comics or whatever.

And no, I'm not talking about /ss/ shit, ya filthy animals

I really do wonder how they'll handle muh X-Babbies in the movies.

Bobby going full Sup Forums here.

But X-user /ss/ is the best!

You are right though. I do wish there was more older woman/younger man stuff around. It isn't exactly a common relationship.

BTW what movie were you talking about?

SPACE COCAINE

Baby Driver!
Can I interest you in the work of our Lord and Savior, Edgar Wright?

It's hilarious how people are pretty much used to crazy shit happening in a Lila Cheney concert.

We're a few years off from it, I was just reading in Marvel Comics: The Untold Story about Wheezy Simonson getting fucked off this book by Liefeld.

Nicieza:
>Rob had a million ideas, and no filter, and no maturity to know how to best present those ideas. So he started to flood ideas to the point where, I guess it was starting to choke Louise's ability to create the book. He wanted it to be muscle and power-- and she wanted it to be about kids growing up. And those two things are hard to reconcile.

Louise, on Bob Harras:
>He would change plots, and blame it on the artist. He would change dialogue, and then say, 'I'm sorry, but I tried to call you and you weren't home' or 'I'll be sure and tell you the next time.' He would change some of the dialogue, but not other parts, so the things people said wouldn't make sense. It was his way of letting you know he was wishing you'd go away.

It's crazy how Liefeld and especially McFarlane would just draw whatever and leave it to the writers to make sense of it. McFarlane said something like "you could print an issue of my art with no dialogue and no story and the kids would love it". Guy was always talking about "the kids" like they were some mindless money producing hens.

welcome back X-user.

Ah, I actually watched that one. I have to say, I liked it.

Have you enjoyed the best FX series of this year so far?

Man, I still gotta find some time to read that book.

At this rate you guys are going to have to welcome me back in every storytime I do kek

I like to binge watch series so I was waiting for the first season to be over, but I haven't found the time yet, to my everlasting shame

Jesus fuck. It must have sucked complete ass having those guys on. Liefeld just sounds like an immature brat and McFarlane sounds like a egomaniac, which if his team on Spawn has told us anything, is probably true.

I was referring to Legion. I am pretty sure it is over.

McFarlane has scared so much talent away from Spawn it's impressive.

Yeah, I know, they're making a second season tho.

The biggest problem is that he refuses to let anyone else take credit for doing anything. He has to be the one who controls Spawn, but unfortunately, McFarlane is a bad writer. I am not trying to insult him, but it's true. He has no idea about what makes a story work. He's an artist, and if I am going to be honest, I think his art along with Liefeld's sums up everything wrong with the 90s

Yeah, that's true. I am quite sad actually there wasn't that many threads about it.

'Berto thinking with his dick while the girls are having none of it.

It's funny, because the only reason Spawn is still going is because he wants to outlast Cerebus.

>Yeah, that's true. I am quite sad actually there wasn't that many threads about it.
The best things rarely get the appreciation they deserve until it's too late.

did S'ym have sex with Magik?

Geez, I sure hope not, brrr.

Gosamyr is an underrated waifu. Did she ever do anything outside of this story arc?

Yuck.

She stuck around for a little while but eventually she went back to space and hasn't been seen since.

Maybe Duggann could introduce her and her planet back with his Guardians. I mean he does seem to love the X-Lore quite a bit.

You're sounding like some shitty anime MC right there, Bobby.

Is his Guardians any good? I really don't like the movies and anything that tries too hard to emulate them and I'm not even a DnAfag

His guardians is better than Bendis' and he certainly seems to be gearing up to something. As for emulating the movies, it seems to be straying away from them as much as editorial will allow. I think he has also managed to get the characters closer to their original interpretation which is nice.

Kinda gay desu

I think you summed up all of Claremont's era on X-Men and comics as a whole. Everything was kinda gay.

And I fucking loved it

Pffftt, what is this, Prince Valiant?

Damn straight
Or should I say, damn gay?

>MUTANT ANGST

>So this comic's nice and all but can we talk about the best movie of 2017 so far for a second here?
Alien: Covenant?

Is it just me, or could you read New Mutants with the interpretation that Dani had a crush on Rahne?

Senpai pls

This arc is oddly ship-y, for some reason.

I am just amazed how much shit they got away with to be quite honest.

Marvel gave no fucks back then
Fuck nuMarvel

Anyway, anything good in the Marvel solicitations? Haha, why do I bother asking

I think the biggest problem with Marvel at the moment goes a bit beyond their politics, as they have always been quite liberal (Although I won't deny it is a bit of a tone off for some books). It's the fact that the books don't really have an identity of their own any more. Originally, every book had a theme and an idea both connected to the heroes and the villains.

While some like Alan Moore and Claremont reimagined certain heroes, there was always a limit on the stories as well as a connection, thematically between the old books and the re-imagined ones, beyond the cast of characters. Now it just seems that books are trying to tell all the stories without worrying how it fits in with the character's established history and themes.

>AT-AT-AT-AT
>literally transforms into an AT-AT
Fucking Star Wars, man.

The Ultimates were good and I am definitely buying the trades, same with USAvengers Along with Royals and Black Bolt. Duggan's work is proving to be good. Renew your vows proves to be the best Spidey book. Hulk and Gwenpool are fun books, for the most part. It's just the X and Bendis books which are shit. Gold is a retread of old stuff where Kitty proves that she is a shit teacher and ineffective leader. Gen X is just wasted potential. Blue is just Marvel desperately trying to get us liking the O5 and failing as we want our New Mutants Academy of X Kids and Gen X kids back. Astonishing is... well okay so far, but it is Soule. Weapon X I don't know about and I refuse to support Land.

Cable has been good so far though.

Well, there's that, and the fact that they just plain don't hire the right people for the job, like self-professed "latinx" Gabby Rivera who can't even actually speak goddamn Spanish. Christ.

>It's just the X and Bendis books which are shit
Yeah, but, y'know, I AM an X-fag. Really couldn't care less if, like, Iron Man is good or whatever if muh muties are still being treated like shit.

And of course, if I wanted to check out other characters I dig, I'm pretty screwed too (Daredevil is still under goddamn Soule, Novas got shitcanned, dunno about Iron Fist tho)

What the fuck

I miss the good old days when 15 year old girls and boys were allowed to change clothes in front of each other without it being weird.

Amen. They need to do three things. Have a high standard of writing from people who care about the characters. Have an editorial which cares about continuity and will call out mistakes. Allow ideas which don't boom immediately to sell for a while. I mean, there was reason that the DnA cosmic era was allowed to be so great.

The funny part is that the books where Muties are being treated the best is Avengers books. Which is quite sad. Yeah, I will agree Daredevil is so shit at the moment. I mean Matt's an atheist now? Why?

Novas, well, it seems like Marvel is debating what to do with them, although Duggan looks like he is going to reintroduce Richard into his Guardians and we might some closure from the DnA era's plot points which Bendis abandoned.

I want back my Claremont days where an X-Men being kinda gay (Or full gay like Doug and Warlock) was just accepted and it wasn't made a big deal.

brb

I love how creepy it is that S'ym is starring at a bunch of children taking their clothes off. He was creepy as fuck in Magik's first solo comic also, dude is definitely a pedo.

I would fucking kill to either write or read a Magik solo or a book like Legion's X-Men Legacy where she is the main focus. I mean, with Limbo there is so much shit you can do, in terms of a cast of characters, the stories you can tell and so on.

In fact, I think she is in my type 6 X-Characters who I'd kill to have a book revolving around.

If anyone is interested the others are Hellion, Elixir, Rightclops, Gaia, Surge and Dani

Last issue for tonight, anons and anonettes!

Nice having you back for a while X-user. Out of curiosity, how many more issues till the mega is updated?

Only a couple of storytimes! Thanks for being patient with my lazy ass.

Hey, you do better work then most. I don't see why we can't be patient with you.