Toonami Ratings for 8/19/17

DBZ Kai will have a rerun marathon on September 2nd.

Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans S2 will replace Tokyo Ghoul in October.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Set for 2018.

Last week was more shit ratings, this week was more of the same. That's the new norm now. As expected of Outlaw Star, it's on far too late to be able to make any difference, it's doing a little better than GitS at least.

11:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 919 0.44 567
11:30 Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final Chapters 822 0.41 521
12:00a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 687 0.35 450
12:30a Tokyo Ghoul 637 0.32 414

1:00a Hunter X Hunter 601 0.29 368
1:30a Lupin the 3rd: Part 4 508 0.24 302
2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 483 0.21 304
2:30a Outlaw Star (p) 456 0.21 275
3:00a Attack on Titan (r) 447 0.19 248
3:30a Samurai Jack (r) 436 0.20 255

Other urls found in this thread:

powerrangersnow.com/power-rangers-reaches-new-viewership-lows/
youtube.com/watch?v=VZMb6PDdQ2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Family Guy has started to bounce back a little

8:00 Dragon Ball Super (r) 0.43 729 0.26 330
8:30 Dragon Ball Super 0.54 889 0.37 476
9:00 Rick & Morty (r) 0.44 698 0.30 379
9:30 Rick & Morty (r) 0.54 871 0.40 511

10:00 Family Guy (r) 0.62 1004 0.44 560
10:30 Family Guy (r) 0.75 1205 0.57 727

You ever gonna start one of these threads by saying something POSITIVE for once?

And all this stuff gains on the end of the block

4:00a Rick & Morty (r) 470 0.23 290
4:30a Rick & Morty (r) 509 0.25 318

5:00a King of the Hill (r) 531 0.26 331
5:30a King of the Hill (r) 520 0.26 328

Best

>INB4 ToONAMi IS Ded Memes and that one Kill la Kill fag

>ratings are shit
>DBZ marathon incoming
What positives are there?

I'd love to, shame that week after week, there is nothing to be happy about. Go find the 2015 threads in the archive when ratings weren't shit, those should be positive

So what is killing Toonami? 2015 seemed to be a good year, but then it just went downhill for some reason.

Death would be a mercy for Toonami.

Streaming services.

Having the whole schedule be generic shit everyone and their mother already watched. That and in 2016 allowing the block to get a reputation for airing mostly long runners. People left and didn't come back

Netflix and Crunchyroll were around in 2015.

Wasn't DBZ Kai also around at the time? One Piece and Naruto, too.

And they got more popular sine 2015. Your point?

In 2016, we had:

>One Piece
>Hunter x Hunter
>DBZ Kai
>Naruto

Also, in 2016, we only had seven slots to work with so at that point, people tuned out.

Even Outlaw Star can't bring the block back.
It's over.

>inb4 Ryukofag shitposting
Where you belong:

I'm honestly more hype for outlaw star than anything else at this point.

Kai, Naruto and OP was the total and generally accepted since we knew they needed at least a few anchor shows. But then came HxH, and then came Jojo, and then came Super. By that point people were long gone

Shame there is like 3 hours of dogshit in front of it. I tried to, but I just couldn't trudge through it all

Probably because it never could "save" anything to begin given how its an old ass show literally everyone has seen (even more so than the rest of the shit on) tossed into a crappy timeslot

At least, it's not bad as Power Rangers Ninja Steel's Ratings

powerrangersnow.com/power-rangers-reaches-new-viewership-lows/

If it werse even one slot earlier I think I'd be reasonably satisfied. Naruto returned to irredeemable shit once again.

Except it's on at fucking 3AM. I'm an old man now. I can't deal with this.

>3 hours of dogshit

>a horrid night for Power Range is still higher than anything on Toonami

JUST

Same.

It's actually doing decently well. It's not bleeding viewers like GITS and maintaining the same 18 - 35 demo rating.

I mean the entirety of the Toonami block has been getting blown the fuck out in ratings by weeknight Moral Orel reruns and old reruns of Home Movies at 4 AM

Maybe they could do better if they just showed dubbed versions of the original toku.

>Dio has a 10/10 ultra-natty physique (no homo)
>Dozens of powerful, devoted servants willing to fight and die for him without hesitation
>Drowning in so much pussy he can afford to slake his vampire thirst exclusively on qt 3.14s
Is Dio Brando thepinnacle of Alpha status?

>Physique stolen from Jonathan's 11/10 body
>Hypnotizes and uses flesh crafting to enslave people

DIO a bitch

because that would look cheesy as fuck

You were a giant retard when you suggested it for Toonami and you're still one now

When is HxH over?

>whenever holly comes on screen

what do Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure and Outlaw Meme have in common?

they both get the worst ratings in The World

So does the rest of the block post DB Meme Power Hour. Your point?

>New show debuts at 2:30
>New side job starts at 7

Kill yourself demarco

I really can't STAND you

Something about the block needs to be shaken up, but for the life of me, I don't know what.

Not for a long ass time. There's two arcs left after this one, but the second to last arc is like 60 episodes long.

>New show debuts at 2:30

What new show? Outlaw Star is like 20 years old. It's not even new to Toonami.

lmao did they just toss an episode of original naruto right in the middle of the current shippuden arc?
also,
>hot cola

>Not liking Power Rangers
You are shit

Toonami is dead
Bury it
Consider it mercy.

Fuck off Lewis

>That Trips

Current season shit. The hottest shit on toonami was when they had the simulcast of space dandy. Then they just kind of dropped decided to run pure shoenen crap and lost everyone. I don't mind long arc'd stories, but having to follow like 4+ of them at the same time only on Saturday is just awful. It means it will be in that slot for years and people like new stuff.

But in reality it doesn't matter, because a majority of toonami's problem is their lead. They will NEVER throw away DBZ, DBS as a lead in. All the stuff that is more watchable and fun is during the deader hours of the night.

Also personally I enjoyed toonami when they had the rerun power hours after like 3AM. It's nice to be able to watch rerun anime sometimes so you can just relax and not have to pay so much attention to what's going on but still enjoy the ride.

>cable
Streaming has already won

>want anime to become popular so they can keep their jobs
>do everything they can to hamper exposure to casuals

Why are they this retarded?

>implying tossing their shows on Hulu or Netflix like they've been doing for years isn't a better solution to find new audiences than some antiquated TV block nobody watches anymore

>want anime to become popular so they can keep their jobs
Funimation isn't hurting at all. Their streaming efforts might have come up short, but their partnership with Crunchyroll will probably be just what they need though now that it looks like Sony will be able to proceed with buying them i doubt that will last much longer

Relevant news, Samurai Jack season 1-4 is getting an HD boxset release as well as the "movie" being shown in theaters for one day.

See

You better not be Japanese, user.

What would TOM say if toonami gets canceled again?

sometimes...dead is better

I said TOM not JED.

Maybe once there's good Toonami news

Yeah man because Power Rangers is such a non-cheesy, serious show.

>Tom goes off on speech about how things may get bad and you have to stand up and fight for what you believe in. VA tweeted how he supports Hillary in election.

>He's not smart enough to see that no matter who won, the American people would lose because both candidates sucked. Doesn't call for the election of someone else, or supports another candidate that isn't Hillary or Trump.

Probably some bullshit about how he'll keep fighting from where he is and that even though we may not see him, he'll be out there working to keep the feed going.

Japanese coffee is terrible!

So are the snacks! Why,once I got some snack cakes from a jap vending machine and they TASTED LIKE SHIT! Actual shit! Smelled bad too! I couldn't even chew it!

>He's not smart enough to see that no matter who won, the American people would lose because both candidates sucked. Doesn't call for the election of someone else, or supports another candidate that isn't Hillary or Trump.
Don't you know? supporting a 3rd party candidate is literally worse than supporting Trump and you should neck yourself because of it!

The women are good though. I would have an affair for a happy ending

why did they put outlaw star on so late

there are probably a ton of kids who haven't seen based gene yet

Outlaw star is being broadcast in 4:3 with stuff on the sides? Or is that just on demand?
Why don't they broadcast it with black bars, they are less intrusive.

>stuff on the sides
???

you know it's really easy to fix the ratings but you all keep ignoring it

what long running show leaving happened pretty much immediately before the ratings drops began

bringing that back is the answer, since thew lower number if people watching that show still made up a large amount of the people watching the rest of the block

Like the space theme for toonami fills whatever parts of the screen aren't part of the show rather than it being black bars.

sounds like the aspect ratio is for on-demand is ass. I doubt they did the same for the TV version

That is exactly what it is, it's in 4:3 not 16:9. I assumed that's how they aired it.

Exactly. Not only have they not seen him, they won't want to because of how old the show looks

Except they didn't. If it was still on it would be pulling sub 400k weekly

Ugh wtf. 4:3 is disgusting. Why air a show if you aren't using the full screen space?

>Jojo's Bizarre Memeventure and Outlaw Meme
>they both get the worst ratings in The World

Neither of those are Home Movies.

Fuck you, pillarboxing beats stretched aspect ratio.

Recent home movies airings have done better than most of Toonami

Netflix death note movie when?

Net neutrality

Because there'll be people who'll complain about how the show is not in its native aspect ratio. Kind of like when FFX aired the older seasons of the Simpsons cropped to 16.9 and how people complained to hell and back about it.

>netflix
Try using your brain my guy

Toonami would actually need viewers for there to be someone to complain

>though now that it looks like Sony will be able to proceed with buying them i doubt that will last much longer

Damn, that's awful. And they've been doing so well, too. Becoming a subsidiary of Sony is definitely going to kill them.

Nah. I'm not an expert so while it's possible their partnership doesn't last once Sony scoops them it isn't a guarantee and could very well go on.

Sony Pictures Television iirc is the second or third largest TV production company on Earth, so being under that umbrella won't kill them. Hell they'll retain their management, as Funi is a pretty well-oiled machine and Sony isn't that retarded to be a spoke in the wheel. They'll just have greater distribution access. The long term plan is to get some synergy going between Playstation, Sony Pictures, and Funi so in the end that's pretty beneficial.

Sony's been out of the game in the Western anime scene after trying to get Animax off the ground here as a channel (they announced a launch for it back in 2008 or so iirc, but it never did obviously)

>one hour of dragonball
>wonder why ratings are shit

Dude, it's okay those bros who wear DBZ shirts and apparel everywhere are clearly a solid reliable audience.

Weekly reminder that One Piece is the best selling manga WORLDWIDE!

Why won't they just put Toonami down? It's like when your dog is old and sick. Sure he could live another year, but he just isn't himself anymore and he is hurting every day.

Get the rights to simulcast Dies Irae, and Toonami will be saved.

Censored?

or cut entirely. episode 24, just fucking gone.

Ok I was kinda cool with Tokyo Ghoul for the first season but I just cannot even now.

there is what, 3 episodes left?

So, what were they doing in that Ghoul Prison in the first place?

Why has Kanaki had such a small presense in season 2?

Are they going to explain the cannibalism thing soon? or why mummygirl is always watching him

Why go back to the CAfe all of a sudden?

Oh neat they put outlaw star ba--
>2:30am timeslot

What the fuck is wrong with this and why haven't they cut out the garbage like Naruto yet and actually got people excited for more than an hour of airtime? What happened to the ratings?

How the fuck is there a 150k drop between DBZ and JoJo's at only midnight, did it really get meme'd so hard that nobody actually wants to watch it? I guess fan opinion must be that shit since everyone was crying for it a year ago and there it is

>Gundam Build Fighters finally gets a dub
>It's complete garbage
T-thanks Sunrise...
youtube.com/watch?v=VZMb6PDdQ2o

So tired of this retarded question like we are still on fucking CN and don't have 5+ years or show experience with Toonami so far

It don't matter, it's all filler. None of it matters

Because Jojo is only popular with meme spewers who already moved on to a different show years ago.
>everyone was crying for it
Yea, a handful of people on tumblr is everyone

Stick with it. I didn't like S2 much either but the last episode really got to me

>started rewatching klk last week during naruto
>no alcohol
>no one else to watch it with
>feels weird
the magic is officially gone

That's because KLK is shit