Kelly does it again!

Kelly does it again!

That's last week's.

But... the same garbage men who used to pick up the trash bins are now picking up the recycling bins.

>tfw compost and recyclables all end up in the same pile as regular garbage anyways

I don't understand, who collects the recycling if not the trashmen?

Or is it a different company but they use the same sort of trucks to collect from the recycling bins.

>Not knowing that nothing is more american than compost heaps

>Taking Kelly seriously

>t. Smug, Heartless Hippie

Holy shit you retards

That's the joke. Kelly makes fun of opinions and arguments he hears other people support which he thinks are stupid or blatantly misinformed, and occasionally his own petty gripes

>occasionally his own petty gripes
Those are the best ones.

And, as usual, Kelly inadvertently hits on something real.
Recycling and compost is fucking useless and only exists so that smug leftists can feel superior whenever they throw something out.

Reclying is just a stealth sin tax on sodas and shit. Most people except bums just pay the CRV tax and never actually redeem the value at a center

I like it when he uses their real addresses in the comics.

user, just try and ease off the politics, and stop checking under your bed for liberals every nite.

The guy doing the comics is probably glad he can stick with the silly vacation comics and not have to touch actual politics.

Plastic takes a huge amount of effort to recycle, but all metals are 100% recyclable.

Depends on where you are. Sometimes it's not worth the gas used to get to a center.

I can see that. I live a block away from a center and it can piss me off sometimes to take a whole civic load of recyclables and only get like $20. IDK how the hobos do it

Recycling is a scam and waste of energy and resources.

So Kelly is basically Donald Trump?

>tfw granny makes sure to get the CRV back from my NEET cousin's mountain dew cans

They have literally nothing better to do

Also paper.

Yeah try an SUV load, drive 4 miles and get $2.

>trying to make things more efficient instead of assuming the earth has infinite resources

It's also an anti-litter thing. We need a 5 cent deposit or something on plastic bottles. Cans and bottles here have 10 cents, and you almost never see them on the ground. Employing the homeless as cleaners is kind of weird if you think about it, but it seems to work.

Yeah user, stop looking under your bed. They are in the closet.

>One way the difference between CRV and a system in which the consumer pays a deposit or tax shows up is that sales tax applies to the CRV amount.

Man California is a shithole

Naw. It's a bandaid solution to a current problem. We convert our planets finite resources into things that we either launch into space with no real means of retrieval (to the point that we now have a sort of asteroid belt of space junk in orbit) or throw them out to sea so much so that they coalesce into a man made island. Recycling lets us staunch the bleeding of those finite resources until we can hopefully extend our reach to the stars so that we can actually acquire more of those resources.

I mean, I know people always say that its a problem for future generations, but its the responsibility of the people of today to help give those of the future the tools to come up with a solution.

San Francisco is a very dirty city. They let bums shit on the street and do whatever they want