Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope it goes well

youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

We just need an Annihilation movie and I will die of boner

You're welcome.

>the real nova
is this a jab to sam or he talking about the mcu nova corps?

>Annihilus and Galactus are tied to the Fantastic Four

can't happen.

I feel like Annihilation should be like a...phase 6 thing. Like after some actors are ready to stop or something so they can just kill a bunch of people off to really up the stakes.

Also at that point Quill could actually play the battle hardened, guilt ridden, jaded, tactics expert he was in the story.

so it was ego marvel just need to trow them a bone again

Probably Nova Corp. I bet there's some intense debate going on within Marvel about how they should introduce Nova. I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people who want to just start with Sam so there's another Spider-Man aged hero.

And the Watchers.

See, not wanting another character that's Spider-man-aged is the exact reason I think they'll go for Rich instead of Sam. I get the impression they want Spider-man to be the only teen-hero.

Poor Dick Rider.

the "real Nova", as in the "real Hawkeye"?

Marvel had the Watchers, just not Uatu. Same with having Skrulls, just not Super-skrull.

Gunn always said Nova was in maybe territory before GotG 2 came out, just that he didn't want to have anything to do with him.
This doesn't seem like any new developments

it'll be Sam

Gunn is in charge of MCU cosmic so it's unknown if he meant he's going to appear in GotG vol. 3 or his own movie.

You know, sometimes I do wonder if comic art is too sexualized when i find myself saving random comic art to fap folders

I really don't think he's going to be there after they said Carol's movie was set in the 90's

It's Frank 'Outrage!' Cho

He also mentioned really liking Annihilus. I wonder if Marvel can make a deal with Fox like they did with Ego.

>tfw MCU Annihilation soon

Annihilus is a much bigger character for them than Ego. They wouldn't play ball for a ten-second Galactus cameo in GOTG, I doubt they'll trade over Annihilus.

I don't think Fox ever plans to let an FF franchise live long enough to reach Annihilus

It sure as hell won't stop them from trying. They'd rather sink that ship than let Marvel sail it.

On the Facebook video, go to 56 minutes in for the Annihilus comment.

Anyone know where the Nova comment is?

this is also the guy that said adam warlock won't be in gotgv3. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Person who asked also specifically asked for Rich too.

He was specifically talking about Rich.

Naw, they most likely would go for a college age hero especially if they want to make him cosmic.

Also no wau will Feige touch a Loeb made character especially after Loeb took Ike's side in the break up.

Besides Perlman is a scriptwriter for Marvel and she likes Rich, not to mention Gunn would vouch for that character too since despite not caring for him it's THE Nova that he knows.

He's gonna be in New Warriors

Nope, the question was about Rich and Gunn specifically talked about him.

Do you have a link to this?

Loeb has huge pull in the tv department.

He said he wouldn't confirm him and even if it's obvious that Adam is going to be there I can see why he's acting that way, he hasn't begun writing the script for that movie.

Not to mention there's the rumor that the Adam teaser was almost not included at the end of GotG vol 2 because Feige didn't want Gunn to hype Adam since he wasn't going to be in Infinity Wars.

So he's probably being lowkey about Adam

Yeah which is why Rich won't be in anything TV or cartoon related as long as Loeb is there.

He can only be in comics, movies and games.

I amazed they keep letting him sink shows and cartoons like this.
Seriously, has he done anything good for Marvel recently?

It's on his facebook page. Tried to give a link but Sup Forums wasn't happy about it.

There's a short video about 16 minutes long and the Nova comment comes about 14 minutes in.

The Annihilus comment is in another Q&A video he did where he's in his house. It's over an hour long.

Wasn't his most recent book cancelled?

OH IT'S ON NOW

I wonder what the chances are that they will make him black.

hardcore rich stans boycotted it because sam was there.

ENERGY JAVELIN

A lot of MCU properties get cancelled or sell poorly, just look at Carol.
Shit, GotG is doing awful right now

They haven't race changed any major characters, so it seems very unlikely

I did not expect this. I just accepted that all comics have trouble but GotG has become quite popular in recent years.

Popularity dwindled pretty hard, and I guess most people just don't want to read the comic after years of of bad quality

A lot probably just assumed Rich was gonna die again or it might be a Generations style shit, I guess.

Bendis fucking killed GotG comics hype earlier, and probably none's too hype for movie synergy.

I mean, guess neither of those were huge sellers before, but you can blame Marvel for it, likely.

Well it's no fucking surprise. Marvel really mishandled it. They just changed everything to look like a shitty rip-off of the movie (which it was) when they should have been trying to take advantage of the new readership by expanding on the characters that the movie made popular, even if that meant having the main cast acting differently than they did in the movie.
Instead you had Marvel trying to pretend like Annihilation had nothing to do with the movie and normies buying Guardians of the Galaxy #1 from 1969 pretending like they really loved the series.

Someone storytimed latest GotG issue. It was standard. Maybe people are satisfied with the movies and don't need anything else.

>introducing the "real" Nova
Should I be worried?

They said Richard Rider in brackets in the facebook question.

>Richard Rider coming to the MCU
Five years ago -- maybe even three -- I would've been oozing excitement from every pore, but now all that I am able to feel is complete apathy and indifference.

With all these new characters will there even be room for Rocket/Drax/Groot?

Well maybe except for Groot because he has no subplot.

"In business, you fail upwards". As soon as you get into a position of moderate power, as long as you keep sucking the dicks of your superiors you're just going to keep getting promoted, and you can blame any failures on your underlings or "external factors" that totally aren't your fault.

This is why every company is run by complete morons while all the people with sense toil away at the bottom.

At this point, all I can think is "prove it". If he never makes it in to the MCU, I don't care. I still think it's shitty that Gunn cut him out of GotG1, but that was 3 years ago.
Now, when they say "he might be there", I just want them to actually say yes or no. Since "maybe" can also mean "maybe in 5 years"

Nah, I like my casting better

Ewww

I'm not sure I looked through any issues yet. I mean, from solicits it looks like the writer did his homework and is bringing back a lot of stuff from the good cosmic days. Just saying Marvel sorta killed the interest from their regular readers hard.

On the other hand, I remember reading some recent comic where Rocket was behaving like in the movies, and I think even Starlin was writing some of his own characters more like the movie version (I think it was Gamora), so...

They are going to ruin him like Star-lord

Honestly he was so much better when he was in the new warriors

Let Carol or Quasar be the Green lantern of Marvel

In the most recent one they definitely behave like in the movies.
Rocket seems sex-obsessed though and surprisingly he never showed that behavior in the movies. Quite the contrary.

100% chances Nova Prime will be a helmet result of experiments with the Power Gem for the short the corps had it on their hands between the end of GoTG and Infinity War.

>Quasar
I hope they introduce Phylla as Quasar instead of Wendell. Being the daughter of Mar-Vell, assuming he's used as part of Carol's origin, would make her a better fit for the growing cosmic setting.

Phylla is feminist cancer and aids

Fuck off, they improved Star-Lord. You're just an idiot that can't grasp that they started at the beginning of his arc instead of towards the end, as in Annihilation. But if you compare Gunn's Star-Lord to the fractured concept tossed around between assorted writers and stories, good and bad, in the 70s and 80s, you will find Gunn's version is a much better character.

And I say this as an unashamed fan of the classic Star-Lord material. But outside of a killer origin, some great art by messers Gan, Byrne and Infantino, and a few novel concepts, it was meandering and went absolutely nowhere until Giffen resurrected him in Annihilation.

But she's one of characters rumored to appear alongside Nova (now confirmed), perhaps older GotG generation and someone associated with either Rocket or Groot (most likely just Rocket).

That's a lot of characters.

so basically two carol cancers plus gamora and her bald sister
thats alot of same characters
I hope not

Hopefully Nebula dies in IW.

I prefer the Star Lord in his original story (prick who wants to go to space badly) to the Gunn version. And I prefer GOTG comics Star Lord to the Gunn version. But I do like the Gunn version and feel that he's a good character too.

I think by the time actors start quitting, Loeb will have readied another giant turd to unload on the MCU. We will probably see ultimatum.

Gunn's version is similar to Englehart's, but inverted. Instead of a pissed-off jerk desperate to get to space, he's a heartbroken jerk running away from Earth. I LOVE his origin, it's one of the best origins of any comic book hero, but with the hokiness of the astrology and the aliens, and the downright unlikeable attitude (though I always identified with him as I was pissed-off orphan in my youth) of Quill, it's easy to see why they went a slightly different route in the movies. The spirit remains the same, but the character is more likeable, and his plight more touching; losing your mom to cancer is much more relatable than watching her killed by aliens, even though the ultimate goal is still to get the geeky loner kid to space.

That said, I really appreciated that Vol. 2 revealed that while his mom died from cancer, it was still because of his father, similar to how the Ariguan in the comics killed her because of his father. I really can't disagree with any of the changes Gunn made, even though I don't necessarily like them more than the origin.

That said, I stand by my assertion that the character overall is improved from his early appearances. Beyond that great origin the rest of the classic stories are rather disjointed. Vol. 2 really grew him as a character and I hope we continue to see him grow into the jaded, reluctant leader he became in Annihilation and GOTGv2.

Seeing how Gunn likes Phyla and he teased Quasar on GotG it's going to be her, she is the GotG's Quasar and being a Starlin fanboy means Gunn probably doesn't care much for Wendell.

Too old, Rich needs to be played by a guy in his 20's

Also Amell would be awful.

No one likes phyla tho aside from tumblr

And Judge.

The question comes up at 14:24 and Gunn even mentions Richard Rider was in the question in parentheses making sure that is the Nova the person askimg the question was talking about.

Gunn does, there's a photo of him with a Phyla cosplayer as well as a photo of him with a Moondragon cosplayer.

Phylla and Gunn will ruin this epicness

thats cringe if thats what Sup Forumsmblr is going for as proof

user, you're gay.

Wendell is boring and pretty whitebread. He's the typical good boy hero with none of the interesting stuff that make a character like Superman or Cap worth reading.

At least Rich is a huge loser nerd without the genius aspect and with added depression and a major case of low self esteem which he tries to hide with a cocky personality.

we can have both

they are besties

Im just saying Nova is better off with the New Warriors than avengers

Too nad, you will get Phyla anyways.

better gay than a liberal feminist at this point

Well, that's what Phyla is known for.

>depression and a major case of low self esteem
not another Doc strange and Antman

Nova doesn't have to be an Avenger, he's a cosmic chatacter and he's really never been with them aside from Secret Avengers.

He's also pretty much over New Warriors which will never get respect from Marvel.

Ruining great stuff cuse she sucks?

Nah, only a faggot unironically uses the term "epicness"

>a major case of low self esteem which he tries to hide with a cocky personality

ah yes the classic marvel formula

I know Im just saying

Faggots are degenerates but liking phylla is just liberal feminist maddness

no one likes that bitch wtf

>He's the typical good boy hero with none of the interesting stuff that make a character like Superman or Cap worth reading.
A lot of people think they're too boring to be worth reading as well.

MCU Scott doesn't have any of those, he just wanted to be good enough for Cassie and make sure his ex approved of him so he could see her. He didn't give a shit about anyone else's thoughts.

MCU Doctor Strange was just "muh hands" and got over that pretty quick once he became a sorcerer.

Rich in the comics had that since issue 1 of his series, Nicieza expanded that in New Warriors, and Annihilation and his comic explore some of it with an added case of PTSD.

Precisely, yes. She's "that lesbian chick who always fucks up". Korra a few years before Korra.

Judge does, and I like that namefag, he's a good guy.

he's literally the only good namefag left since Kind Storyteller disappeared

X-user is okay for an X-fag.