Ewing's Marvel Epic Pt. 3

Prior thread is available here. Picking up where I left off with the last issue of Captain America and the Mighty Avengers

Supposedly this is the correct posting order for Ewing's comics.
>Mighty Avengers
>Captain America and Mighty Avengers
>All-New Marvel Now! Point One 001 (2014 (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Loki Agent of Asgard 1-5
>Original Sin 05.1 - Thor & Loki 01 (2014) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Original Sin 05.2 - Thor & Loki 02 (2014) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Original Sin 05.3 - Thor & Loki 03 (2014) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Original Sin 05.4 - Thor & Loki 04 (2014) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Original Sin 05.5 - Thor & Loki 05 (2014) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Loki Agent of Asgard 6+
>All New Avengers Point 1
>Captain Britain and the Defenders
>All-New, All-Different Point One 001 (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
>Contest of Champions
>Ultimates Vol. 1
>Ultron Forever
>Avengerse 0
>New Avengers Vol. 3
>Ultimates Vol. 2
>Original Sins 005
>Agents of SHIELD 9
>US Avengers

The issue I'm having is that I don't know where to find All New Avengers Point 1. I'm not even sure if this is an actual issue.

Gotta admit, this is a hell of a high note for the series to end on.

Next up is All New Marvel Now Point One which will introduce us to Loki: Agent of Asgard

I love that an autographed picture of Dazzler is included with all the other currencies.

One page in and already he's a liar and a cheater.

I never gave Slott's Silver Surfer series a chance. To anyone that's read it, what are your thoughts?
All I know is that the Allreds bring their absolute A-Game on the art duties

Also an autographed Lila Cheney picture.

Right in the feels, damnit.

Absolutely shit writing

It's just a cheap Doctor Who fanfic that people like because "muh feels".

First time reading it, this scene caught me completely off guard and really established how devastating the incursions were.

I know that I have a lot of storytimes ahead of me
>Powers TPB which have better art and overall scans. Also they are all organized so I could just do one TPB a day and it'd allow for really solid pacing.
>Millarverse which will include his Imprint Work, his Marvel Work, and his DC work in that order.

But I'm also thinking about storytiming Hickman's Avengers Epic from start to finish. I just collected all of his Avengers, New Avengers, Infinity, Time Runs Out, and Secret Wars TPB so it'd be really easy to follow. Also I've collected his SHIELD, Secret Warriors, and Fantastic Four run so I could start with them and then just continue till I hit the whole shebang.

I really need to read more Cosmic Marvel.

Why is Loki naked?

Is it worth skimming just for the art? I love the Allreds and consider them to be in my top five artists. Quietley and Cooke are also in the list. Don't know about the last two but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Just read Bug, man.

Is that part of the Young Animal imprint at DC? One of my friends swears by it and says every title is worth a read.

>Is that part of the Young Animal imprint at DC?
Yep.
>One of my friends swears by it and says every title is worth a read.
I think Doom Patrol, Shade, and Bug are their best titles. Cave Carson I don't like as much because of the art but I remember you dig Oeming so may like it more. Mother Panic is just an R-rated Bat-comic, which isn't necessarily bad, just not as interesting as the other ones.

That is really good to hear. I love Oeming's art but completely understand why other's may not be a fan. I really appreciate the recommendation. My friend has recommended some fantastic comics but also some absolute turds. Then again, most may say that because of my love of Millar.

The only exposure I have of Ms. Marvel is the Champions series in which she is an insufferable twat. The last Ms. Marvel series I read was Brian Reed's and I thought it was great.

Unrelated to this thread, but would you rather read Hickman's 12 issues on Ultimates or his first 6 issues of Avengers and New Avengers?

The first volume is actually pretty decent, unfortunately rather than let her grow organically, they put her on the goddamn Avengers and shit. Even worse, her writer clearly ran out of ideas so even her ongoing isn't any good anymore.

Also I personally think she never should have been an Inhuman

I fucking hate how Marvel is trying to do everything in its powers to make the Inhumans a thing. I also haven't read an X-Men comic since Bendis' Uncanny X-Men. Also, actual spoiler below.
Is it true that the "Original 5 X-Men" weren't actually plucked from the past but in fact a parallel universe that just happened to be really really really similar to ours? And that was the reason why the timelines didn't completely break?

I wish there were more moments like this. Do you think the beer is actually from Asgard or just a unique namebrand?
>I like to think it's a lager comparable to Yuengling.

>Hickman's 12 issues on Ultimates or his first 6 issues of Avengers and New Avengers?
I'd say Ultimates as I wasn't a fan of the start of either Avengers book...but that's just me.

My man. I really enjoy Hickman's take on the Avengers/New Avengers but it takes like 20 or so issues to really get to the meat of the story. From the first issue on Ultimates shit hit the fan and he started characterizing the shit out of all the major players. Another comparison, Ultimates Vol. 1 (#1-13) by Millar or Ultimate Comics Ultimates (#1-12) by Hickman?

A pre-Secret War Earth that when The Richards' rebuilt the Multiverse they became displaced is how I understood it.

Gotta love Sam and Bobby

I like where this is heading. This point one did exactly what it was supposed to in getting me invested.

Should throw in the Age of Ultron tie-in of Avengers Assemble.

The alternate version of Faiza Hussain it has is the star of Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders.

>Ultimates Vol. 1 (#1-13) by Millar or Ultimate Comics Ultimates (#1-12) by Hickman?
I do not like Millar. That said, I'd go with his first volume only because Hickman never finished his run. You?

>what are your thoughts?
The art works for it. That's all I'm going to say.

>Is it worth skimming just for the art?
Yeah, the time loop issue is the best, if you line up every page it'll make a single image.

Technically, I consider Hickman's run on Utimates finished. He ended prematurely because he was moving to the main title but he still managed to deal with The Maker's. Afterward it was Humphries messing around with Presidient Cap. I actually agree with you that I consider Hickman's Ultimates better than Miller's first volume but if I'm going to compare it to Millar's total run on Avengers I'm going with Millar. I find it very interesting to see how the Ultimate universe evolved from Miller to Fialkov. I think of them as four distinct phases

>Phase 1
Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2 by Millar
Ultimates Vol. 3 by Loeb

>PHase 2
Ultimate Comics New Ultimates #1-6 by Loeb
Ultimate Avengers Vol. 1-3
Ultimate Avengers vs New Ultimates

>Phase 3
Ultimate Comics Ultimate #1-12 by Hickman
Ultimate Comics Ultimates #13-24 by Humphries

>Phase 4
All New New Ultimates #1-12 by Fiffe
Ultimate FF #1-6 by Fialkov
Cataclysm: Ultimate Comics Ultimates by Fialkov
Cataclysm: Ultimates Last Stand #1-6 by Bendis
Ultimate End #1-5 by Bendis

Where would it go and what is the specific issue number(s)?

Fuck, forgot the image.

This reminds me of the scene in Wanted where Wesley's dad chased after some would be assasins using a pair of Spider-Man's boots that allowed him to run on walls.