Mutts Thread

Blue Sky wants to do another newspaper comic movie. It's Mutts this time. They have the strip creator and his brother writing the script.

What does Sup Forums think of a Mutts movie?

I'm pretty sure Mutts has never had anything that could be called a story arc.

This. It pretty much just follows a cycle of
> Cat plays with pink sock
> Dog gets walked by owner in bad weather
> Cat and dog visit butcher shop
> HEY GO ADOPT SOME ANIMALS
> HEY LOOK THIS ANIMAL IS CUTE, WON'T YOU ADOPT IT?

I mean, I guess it could be good, though you have to wonder how they would get a story out of it.

Mutts is the second worst newspaper comic ever. Which probably means the movie will be great.

Neat, I guess.
But... Why? Am I just not in-the-know and Mutts is actually really popular? The internet's telling me Charles Schulz loved the hell out of it, but past that, is it some big thing that I've literally just never heard about outside of occasionally seeing it in newspapers?

It's very good at what it does, but it doesn't do much.

"Cute pets do cute things and also occasionally tell you to adopt from a shelter." That's pretty much the whole thing.

Concept user, this is what sells.

No one made a Batman movie that tells the story of his first comic to the last one released

>comparing apples to motorcycles

What's the worst? Marmaduke or Heathcliff?

Impossible to recreate the comfy atmosphere and the slow, relaxing timing with a movie.
My favorite strips are the crab strips.

A Mutts movie has been in the works for a long time now. I remember when Patrick McDonnell first mentioned it back in 2011. I figured it had been canned after a while.

>being this new

I barely even remember this.
wasn't there a cat too?

Doonesbury.
or zippy. fuck that awful comic. shit gave me nightmares as a kid.

That's one of the shittiest strips easily. Is this a joke? because even Sally Forth or Rex Morgan MD would be better.

Ziggy? Or is there a comic I don't know about called Zippy that's apparently a lot less bland than Ziggy?

>'serious' serial strips
i mean, wouldnt it be a pretty bog standard drama flick?

Cathy

Mutts artist McDonnell can really draw, and is a notable scholar of Krazy Kat's George Herriman.

But sadly that doesn't carry through to the writing: it's really just a lot of "look at me, aren't I cute and precocious?" Sometimes the only joke is a character mispronouncing a word.

look it up. enjoy your nightmares. or maybe you'll find it funny. I don't know you.

to be fair that's what newspaper readers generally like

>hating based Zippy The Pinhead
I hope you battle with stomach cancer, and win.
I hope it gives you a new lease on life.

what do i think of a mutts movie?

i think its time for animation studios to actually try writing new original storylines for once. yknow, shit that isn't a spinoff/retelling/sequel

So what currently running newspaper comics do you think would work well as an animated series/animated film?

yesh

Good. That means they have a clean slate and don't have to come fine to a narrative.

ACK!

It's be nice to see an actually surreal animated series of Pearls Before Swine.

That or Life With Kurami so I can hear how soft Ana's voice may be and see her huge chest animated.

Dilbert. If it's done in the style of the animated series.

They already had an animated series of it.

2 seasons actually.

An artist I respect recently joined Blue Sky and said they are now working on a "future project" that he is proud to work on, and "iz gonna b good". He didn't say what it was though.

That's why I said "in the style of the animated series".

This guy @!#&?$% gets it.

yeah but the Dilbert guy is insane now, the show would be a horrific trainwreck of sucking Trump's dick

So is anyone gonna dump some strips? I could use some cute Mutts.

>Correctly predicted the election when virtually no one else did

That's the opposite of insane.