ITT: Musical albums that would be ideal to be adapted into animated films

ITT: Musical albums that would be ideal to be adapted into animated films

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EVOSPb9B1SU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kind of an easy one if you shuffle the tracks around a little
I sort of already wrote a story to it

what would yours be about, op?

The concept of the album is basically transmitting peoples' personalities into song form

The Hazards of Love by The Decemberists is made for this.

Duke by Genesis

An animation for the titular track would be so kickass

I can't believe it's been 7-8 posts and no-ones said The Protomen yet

not plot wise, but it would be sick as a series batman soundtrack

As a concept album that's cohesive but not at all "samey" there's an opportunity for a wide variety of interesting imagery. The subject matter of the songs is also big and universal and has a clear thematic progression (new love, weather, marriage, domestic life, existentialism, gods, death)
Plus the general arc follows the changing seasons which would be cool to see visualized.
And the lead singer's son is an animator (Harry Partridge) so there's a piece of the puzzle solved.
Might be better as an album-length music video with each song by a different animator (but still continuing a story) rather than a proper film though

First thing that came to mind. It's all about these primal beings created from the common archetypes in our collective unconscious trying to find a mirror that will allow them to break into our world and, through daydream and writing, remould their original world as omnipotent gods.

For those who don't know your dadrock, the original Lifehouse was later distilled into this album

>Not a luke cage blaxsplotation soundtrack

decent idea atleast user

youtube.com/watch?v=EVOSPb9B1SU

>dadrock

dumbest term ever.

>animated science-fantasy cut with live action segments of the writing writer

i mean it already has a comic

yea, i meant an animated adaptation of the comics

If only there was some sort of movie version of this story! Hell, I'd even settle for a novel!

The art direction is already in place.