Hal&Pals Storytime #27

How's your week been Sup Forums?

This was horrible. DK2 was better.

Say what you will but these notCelestials look really good.

It has its moments but I wasn't a fan of it.

>Look, kid.
>It's Kyle
>Neat.

HEH

I get the feeling Azz did the majority while Frank only wrote the tie-ins at the end of the issues

what the fuck happened to Kyle's hair?

He went full 90's.

>Guy trying to get Orion killed

Oh so that's why people hate Guy

>Gives a nice delicious view of Hal's ass
>But not one for Guy
A travesty

I hope Orion will be revealed for Injustice today

Fuck em.

Oh lord, he's made of Nth metal

XAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANSSSSSSSSSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII also wasn't the corps first interaction of the newgods during godhead?
post FP? and I wonder how this part of his life changed since originally he traps Jo'nn in bubble because of hubris but MM wasn't part of the main roster of the league and that was the big factor why he felt so burdened with the destruction of Xanshi

Fucking kek. They should've left that smug asshole with paint brush and can in.

Is this guy new? That's a pretty cool concept for a Yellow.

>Grail
oh no

If you guys enjoyed, remember to pick it up in your LCS. Thanks for reading.

Action Comics Storytime Detective

IN BRIGHTEST DAY
*drinks coffee*
IN BLACKEST NIGHT
*blows up planet*
WE WUZ MARINES
*screams at someone*
DAS RITE

Hopefully they will just ignore godhead

I honestly can't remember anything from godhead except that part where Carol goes " I can find Kyle" in the annual.

SNYDERRRRRRRRRRRR

I would rather erase everything about that couple from my mind, also everything related to Relic

Too bad they recently acknowledged Relic. Vendetti's last issue is gonna be#35 right?

>Kyle looks at some blueprints and uses his artist skills to make a full fledged working alien machine in such a short span of time.
I'm sorry, but that's bullshit.

They don't have to understand how something works to make it work user. Kyle being an artist makes him the most flexible out of the 4.

I remember Guy and Simon locked in a cell and Guy getting mighty pissed, that was a good scene
The Act I covers were dope as hell, the Hal one is my favourite n52 cover of them all
Also Black Hand was a dank meme

Has Guy blown up a planet yet (not including Ranx since he isn't technically one)? Hal blew up Warworld and OA, Kyle also blew up OA and John blew up Xanshi and Mogo.

GL was a mess post Johns, like in lost army Simon was part that went beyond the source wall but then suddenly he wasn't? Also was never explained why they went there in the first place iirc.

Too much teeth

>it's a Metal tie-in
Pass

Not a fan of the pencils but I do like the layouts. Fuck the writing though. And the editors.

I like it.

Did Hal just take a blast from that thing at point blank and barely get hurt at all?

dat ass

Of Hal n Pals? I fucking wish, he's said recently in Twitter he just turned in #37

I thought Kirby's Old Golds was Marvel's Asgard?

I refuse to believe these people actually exist. It's impossible to hate best boy Guy.

That's the way the rings have always world though. You think Hal thinks about every single intricate detail on all the planes he builds? Or Baz with the cars? The rings extrapolate.

>It's a Darkseid's daddy episode
Has Yuga Khan ever had good stories?

MIND RAPE HIM MORE! WHERE IS JEAN GREY WHEN WE NEED HER?!

I didn't even know he existed prior to this. How underwhelming is he?

I have yet to read anything with him that left any strong impression.

I'm still wondering if he's part of Shazam's new menagerie of gods ever since Darkseid War or if thats been retconned.

I miss Billy.

nice cover

starts off slow, but the last half is fucking fantastic

also a nice cover

WHAT IN THE FUCK?!

OH SHI-

Really like this art. Fantastic stuff.

He showed up in Mark Evanier's New Gods, #17-21, in Darkseid War Shazam special, in Darkseid's origin special for Forever Evil and in n52 Forever People
overall he's a backstory character, though one would hope new Shazam would change that

Yeah Sandoval is pretty good, same with the colorist.

Who has Venditti doesnt have a good grasp on the characters?

Vendetti can write Hal&Guy pretty well, not so much for Kyle when it matters. He's pretty good when he doesn't focus on the corps desu.

Kyle's hair looks weird now but Hal got his little spitcurl back

I've seen Kylefriends reeeing about how he writes Kyle but he seems fine to me

I think they're talking about the whole Kyle/Soranik thing a few issues ago. He writes Kyle on point tho when nothing critical is happening desu as for John, there's really nothing to work with.

Kyle's background as an artist is the focal point of this issue. That and >nth metal

Kyle is historically a naive asshole, and to that end Vendetti writes him consistently but after his appearance in Green Lanterns I just kinda expect more from the character

Yeah and he does nail Kyle being an artist/the most flexible of the 4 when it comes to constructs, I actually have no idea what's happening to Nth metal right now? It's somehow the most powerful thing in the Universe now or something? But didn't despero have a whole mine of it in death of Hawkman? but then it's not pure or something? I honestly don't know.

Ask Snyder

He's not answering my calls.

Hopefully Robinson returns to form and makes her a better character.

That's a really damn good point...

Have Orion and Lobo ever teamed up before? Think of how fucking badass that would be. Like a space bikers version of "48 Hrs" with Orion as Nolte and Lobo as Eddie Murphy.

MUH XANSHI
MUH KATMA
MUH RINES
HOOAH

You forgot MUH COFFEE.

I agree. I'm glad to be free of the rictus-grinning, giant torso monsters of Van Sciver.

>Metal
God damn it.

Do people really not like EVS? I think he's one of the top GL artists out there.

Hal is technically a living entity of will at this point. he's basically an alternate version of ION. I'm rather glad the writers are expressing this in a subtle form rather than the giant monster of will form he had when using the gauntlet.

He's gotten worse over the years.

Yeah, I will admit he's not as good during GL:Rebirth~SCW but I think it's due to the coloring, it seems a bit off these days but he's still one of the better ones.

i dont recall green lantern lore being affected by flashpoint or rebirth

he's more of a lore entity than an actual character

Well if you think about how it all fits since supposedly Supers have only been around for like 5 ~10 years? So at that span of time Coast city got nuked, Hal went Parallax, Days of Judgement happened, then Rebirth, etc. Also Cosmic odyssey is a Newgods story but godhead showed that the corps first interaction with New Genesis was during godhead iirc, so how did Cosmic odyssey occur? and one of the reasons Xanshi blew up was because John trapped J'onn in a bubble because he was getting in his way but J'onn isn't a staple in this League so he was most likely not there.

He's supposed to be a lot stronger than Darkseid

Fuck no. He shouldn't be used as a character anyway.

Costumrs diff but eh.

>no fat fucks in the current issue
0/10 dropped

Martian manhunter was a member in the old days. Then he quit. I guess John Stewart met the new gods before Hal and co desu.

As I recall he was only a member for a short while and then sperged out because of reasons. Nah iirc John's first meeting of newgods from Newgenesis were from godhead but then they could have retcon it, Flashpoint just makes the timeline confusing to follow.

Sipping Cervazas and catching up on Hal and Co while out and about hopping into bars. I've been loving this book a lot since #13. I've just finished Prism of Time. How does the quality hold up still?

Yeah good point, I thought they'd mostly dropped that point so it's nice to see it expressed subtly