Is it true?!

Is it true?!

Marvel confirmed anti-family

Why would they release this when they have a whole Legacy thing coming out soon?

Those are some big tits! Also:

>for people who aren't on tumblr

I guess I know who's ruining Marvel now.

>It's not important what our parents did
Yeah, fuck History right?
Nobody ever learned anything from that.

Do your parents define you?

It's old, from back when Gillen decided to ruin the Young Avengers. So like 2013-2014.

In part, for good or bad.

in a sense yes. thats the nurture part of nature/nurture that makes up who you are. Children raised by single parents, both parents, no parents, supportive parents or abusive parents all turn out different based on their experiences.

Did your parents have no impact on you as a person? Can you really claim that you as an individual have developed completely independent of your parent's influence?

What Gillen has become?

Through they might have a influence in your life. It still doesn't define you, you choose who you are.

It's very much in line with YA v2's message, which was more or less Marvel Phonogram but at least Gillen in it legitimately tried to write something that had a young readers' mentality rather than "how do you do fellow kids" or just le epin memes
It doesn't need to be "true", just to make thematic sense since when it comes to big themese they don't work in absolutes, both "your parents and upbringing are crucial to who you are" and "your parents and upbringing do not define you" can be constructed as 'true'

The premise of the series was more or less "adults really do work in a different way from teenagers" in that they more easily conform to societal norms that appeal to common sense, shared values and not stepping out of line, which IS true to be honest and is not inherently a bad thing

>Legacy is irrelevant

Why are they pushing this 'yesterday never happened, the world began today' bullshit?

>You choose who you are.
I'd disagree but O K

If legacy means so little then why aren't these fuckers taking all new names.

A hack on par with his colleague Jason Aaron.

If only.

>you choose who you are.
Hah! I believe in free will, but not to that degree.

>mention tumblr on blur
>people on tumblr have better taste
>implying
wEW

That's not completely true since your values are shaped by experiences which are in part determined, consciously or unconsciously, by your parents. So you won't choose some things over others precisely because of your parents' influence on you.

Did Marvel always speak like this? No wonder I steered fuckin clear of them.

>We're woke and SJW!
>Here, have a picture of titties

I'm getting mixed messages here

that's liberalism for you guys

would you rather tell kids to shoulder the burdens of their parents?
following in their footsteps is one thing, but it can turn to living in their shadow

does Sup Forums always twist the words in comics into the worst possible outcome?

Because at some point you have to conform to societal rules, because you either become of the very very few who change the world, or just become one more guy of many.

I really hate the fact that tumblrina feminist bitchs have such a chokehold on the industry now

Oh, so that's why the left is also destroying statues now.

take down every statue, destroy every artifact. The glorious revolution must erase the past!

>take down every statue, destroy every artifact. The glorious revolution must erase the past!

To be fair, They taken two statues and other statues was moved,

uh lots of parents are still alive we all didn't leave and go live in a communist coven.

It's the fucking solicitations for the first issues of Young Avengers v2 put together, written by Kieron Gillen in 20-fucking-12
We bitched for months when they came out, also the recap pages were LITERALLY tumblr as you can see

It's every bit as much the nature part. No other organisms in your existence will ever genetically and physiologically define you as thoroughly as your parents. Fuck this 21st century new age American nonsense.

that is breathtakingly awful

>it's not important what our parents did
>wiccan, the son of scarlet witch, makes a horrible mistake that bites everyone on the ass

This reads like beginning of high school thesis that gets C-.

It's from a book in 2013. They had no idea they'd be doing Legacy now.
On the other hand, it was talking shit about best boy's ongoing, X-Men: Legacy.

Style over substance. Still can't believe I was excited for this book back when it was announced.

You can say that anything. Everything can define you.

It is "your" decisions, your personality, "your" morals. Not your parents.

With the SJW pandering proving to be a financial failure, and with Sup Forums becoming more prominent in today's culture, when are we going to get a Sup Forums-pandering comic?

Of course legacy is an irrelevant word, only one person on the team is a legacy.

This incarnation of "YA" sold 30k at its best.

I appreciate your obstinance, but you appear to be agreeing with everybody else.

>Read the book that understands that hyperbole is the BEST! THING! EVER!

>anti-family
Can we just shorten that to antifa?

Rick and Morty and Deadpool are the closest examples to pandering to Sup Forums. Which means we would like it until it became popular then claim it was reddit all along.

I am agreeing with nobody. I saying that parents doesn't define you. They might help shape who you are. That is the problem, Help isn't the same as "can". You can be the opposite of your parents, you got the choice to do it.

But, whatever! Can we agree to disagree?

I'd be happy to if you were actually disagreeing, but all you're doing is restating what everyone else said and then insisting on a semantic distinction that doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

Yes?
I'm assuming you don't have parents, which is why you're asking such a dumb question.
Its the entire half of the "nurture" equation.

Christ.
And here I thought Marvel only went to shit a year or two ago.
Marvelposting needs it's own containment board.

>it's a contrarians even find a way to misconstrue self-responsibility into entitlement episode

You are saying "Your parents influence define you"

I am saying "You are You! No matter what your parents do"

>Through they might have a influence in your life.
>You can say that anything. Everything can define you.
>They might help shape who you are.

Gillen should be murdered

You were not raised in a lab by robots
Your parents ( if you had both Tyrone) are the largest influence on you both genetically and mentally you will have in your life.

That is a simple fact

"Might"

You make your own decisions, if it is about genes. Yeah, they got influence over it and i am not going to fight that fact. But, the choices is you. You are not a clone, you are your own man.

We all become our parents eventually.

The first 5 sentences were fine. And then they went full retard.

>On the other hand, it was talking shit about best boy's ongoing, X-Men: Legacy.

Legacy, Vision, and the first few issues of Moon Knight were the last things I enjoyed out of Marvel.

Makes sense that someone there would hate it.

This comic is from 2012.

But it is important my ancestors had slaves

My kids and I will apologize for that forever

I need chemo after reading that condensed cancer.

I don't understand what is this or what we're complaining about in this thread.

If it doesn't matter what our parents did, then what does it matter what we do?
We will be the parents of the next generation, and according to this, what we did won't matter.

Marvel can go eat their own shit.

I think this is why we're never going to get a good Mexican superhero.

You kids are losing track of the big picture! Your parents broke the world and let it rot to heck. We live in a world of degeneracy, illiberalism and misanthropy because your parents and their parents didn't put up enough of a fucking stand, they didn't say no to this, and now the SJeWs run the world and lizard-skinsuit faggots pull all the strings. You need to wake up and take a fucking stand or the next generation of ratfolk will write this about you, turning YOUR children against YOU! Solve all the worlds problems, RIGHT NOW, or you damn humanity to an eternity of darkness!!

Sounds like a vidya dialogue

It's good

Gillen is intentionally over the top stylized, especially in this, and you should know and be ready going in.

gillen's YA was trash

ruined like 4 different characters in a single run, truly a feat

Nigga thats why we have museums. Thats were most of them are going calm the fuck down.

>"When Wiccan makes a horrible mistake that come back to bite everyone on their communal posteriors, we cue five issues of hormonal panic..."
>everything after it

Why do people write in this half-assed, fake attempt at sounding both casual and excited? Is this like the modern equivalent at old people behind desks trying to be "Mondo tubular, blood!", or do young people today actually speak like they are being written by Joss Whedon?

has nothing to do with liberalism, you faggots always gotta make it into an argument like this. Back to your containment board.

Or grandparents.

HISSSSSSSSSS

They do to a certain extent. I mean, look at the people missing 70% of their fathers.

50 mom 50 dad so uh yeah. Or is genetics "problematic" now? I can't remember. Everything is problematic nowadays.

>this rage about the legacy isn't a dirty word line

Jesus christ it's about how they're new heroes and not Kid Captain America, Kid Iron Man, Kid Thor, etc and that marvel is about getting new heroes constantly.

>it doesn't matter what our parents did!
>our generation is what's important now!
>s-stop laughing at us...!

I'm breaking the cycle of misery by being gay.

and the rest of us are doing it by being kissless permavirgins

nature vs nurture has already been proven 80-20 bud

Museums are easier to target. Makes the job much easier to have everything hidden in one place ask ISIS.

Simply put, your parents taught you not to punch babies, because it's wrong, and because of that you don't punch babies, because the influence your parents had on you with that teaching defined who you are, and what you have become. Now unless you go out and punch babies on a daily basis then yes you are not defined by your parents because you are a sociopath.

And replaced with literal garbage.

It shouldn't have happened a single time.

Wasn't kid loki dead?
WTF is happening?

every time something is taken down, removed or replaced because it offends someone we get one step closer to everything getting removed because the only way to not offend anyone is to have nothing.

Parents are literally the villain in the story, which is about douchy 20-something and teens

btw, the comic is great and Gillen generally writes YA as they are, i.e. over-confident and annoying douchbags or drama queen, etc.

Be parents:
>grow up during Reagan administration
>grow increasingly conservative thanks to the last 20 years of excess and political strife
>make the 90s into the least chaotic decade of the century
>lay the groundwork for new technology, politics and popular culture in the post-Cold War world

Be their kids:
>do nothing all childhood but play vidya and smoke weed
>suddenly turn 21
>realize they've accomplished nothing in life
>immediately bandwagon any movement that looks like it might become historical and game changing
>become most hated generation since the boomers