Is SAGA good?

Some faggot at my LCS, cant shut the fuck up about it. Faggot looks like an actual faggot (cuck moustache included). Is it worth a read?

Sounds like you really want to suck his dick

it's alright. You sound like a gay cunt though.

Issue 1 is free on Comixology. Read that an if it grabs you continue reading, if not then the series wont grab you later on so feel free to avoid it.

No. If you want to give it a chance, read the first volume. If you liked it, keep going. Otherwise, stay away from it.
It never gets significantly better or worse after the beginning, so there's that.

Can we instead talk about this LCS guy and how badly you need him in your life?

>cuck moustache included

You had a chance to make the portmanteau "cuckstache" and you blew it.

The first three volumes are decent and it takes a rapid decline from there.

I'll try not to kill myself over it.

>Is SAGA good?

yeah it's pretty great.

Will you specifically like it?

No. You're too far up your own ass to enjoy it.

the "incredible worldbuilding" is ruined by the writing.
don't bother.

It takes a certain mindset OP.

No one thinks you're heterosexual, OP, stop trying.

Haven't finished yet, but so far it's okay. It suffers from being a comic book, though. Every issue has someone die or some kind of reveal and after a while it just gets tiresome. The story itself is alright, though. And some of the world building is definitely solid. Art is okay throughout. I would recommend at least reading the first volume.

Also, their use of sex and nudity isn't necessarily bad, but sometimes borders on unnecessary, I think. I haven't quite figured out how I feel about it yet.

It seems new and fresh until the effect of the actually pretty decent art wears off, and you realize there's practically no story, there's few or no likable characters, and the whole thing coasts on shitty soap opera drama and visual shock value (did you see the monster had a dick/vagina? omg there's a blowjob on that screen! a GAY BLOWJOB!)

*It seems good and fresh

God dammit

Prophet is better

I'm with you user. This place isn't completely full of faggots. It's generally girls who dont read comics but "love nerdy shit" and faggots, like you described, who say they like this.

While I'm sure some people just like it or the art its definitely one of those things people say they like because enough people know they name. Like a person saying they listen to some semi-obscure band to make it look like they listen to "good music."

If you like capeshit you probably won't like it. if you like the bastardization of capeshit from the last 10 years, you might give it a try. If you don't read comics but want to say you do while still being able to shit on capeshitter just go ahead and SAY you read Saga.

I can't tell you how many times I see a person post on social media about Saga and the picture is still inside the store. Leading me to question whether that particular issue ever left that establishment.

The first half is.

When you get to the naked giant, that is the shark jump of the series.

Saga is the essential comic for people who don't like comics.

Read for IV, disregard the rest.

To add to these, the series also falls into the trap of being "mature comics for mature readers such as myself" i.e. characters screaming "Holy cock gobbling fucknuts!" when people gets their heads blown off while their pants are around their ankles exposing their dickginas. And this makes readers feel good about reading such an "adult" comic.