Overwatch short

New Overwatch short, this time it's Mei.

youtu.be/Kf9u9w8N-Fc

MY FAVORITE THICC PRINCESS IS HERE!

she looks really fat in this short

Mei is for BBC gangbangs only

Not really, if anything she is just Stocky.

So what, Mei hiked to McMurdo Station with barely any food?

So what's the deal with Eco-point? Like climate change is important to keep track of, but how does that factor into what the rest of Overwatch does? Did the Omnic War fuck up the entire planet?(I know Australia's a wasteland I'm just trying to figure out why climate data is valuable to the super-police)

...wow she can't act.

That was pretty mediocre story telling. C-

OH GOD dat bed head

luv my thiccfu

i agree user

People actually give a damn about OW still?

It's only been a year since it came out, why wouldn't people give a damn about it

It's up to our imaginations, I think

Yeah you fucking piece of gutter trash.

Well, when Mei was checking up on the data she mentioned something about an anomaly, so there may well be some weird shit going on down there. Checking the wiki, it said that apparently Overwatch established the outposts because the climate was getting way more fucked than the whole omnic crisis could possibly be responsible for, and nobody's sure why.

>it isn't an extended and improved version of the Junkrat-Roadhog short we got the other day

INDESCRIBABLE GARBAGE
Why won't Blizzard work with literally the only characters they developed well?

well you're posting here so...yea!

TF2 players are still salty that OW did everything TF2 wanted to do, but better.

I want to look into her eyes as she orgasms.

>wow she can't act.
That goes for pretty much everyone in overwatch.
The characters look visually appealing, but as far as writing, voice-acting and well... character goes, they're kinda lame.

Because the world can't handle a Reinhardt or Zenyatta short

This bothers me more than it should

I thought Dragons had solid voice acting. A bit melodramatic but it was serviceable.

i thought the doomfist animated voice was pretty cool.

Oh, could be. That short was decent.

I still don't get why they didn't get better VAs for their Pixar tier animations and market dominating game.

>Sup Forums has a better thread on the short than /owg/
This makes me more depressed than it should

SO CUTE
and
THICC!

Here's something you probably weren't aware of. People with thick English accents tend to break immersion when they emote. It's because of the accents, not the acting. If Mei had been speaking in her native tongue all along with some subtitles on the bottom, you wouldn't give a shit.

>generals

Those are only good for shitposting and new senpai

and then she went snow blind because she didn't wear goggles in the fucking antarctic summer.

solider, bastion were decent.

this feels more of a bootleg

And as suprise to no one also better than Sup Forums who only sperge about THINN and THICC.

You mean thick non-English and/or American accents, right?

she looks like a wannabe Disney princess

well to be fair we only discuss about the short and comics here. Share the likes and dislikes and eventually the thread archives.

we don't have constant threads because we aren't a gaming board.

We only talk about Overwatch when a new animated short or comic comes out.

Why hire new VAs when you get one who you already have in booth recording a few different lines every couple months? Just seems more pragmatic to them.

I think part of the problem a lot of characters are bilingual and the actors they hired English isn't their first language

Easily the worst short they've made. I'm used to the sterile kind of cliches that are usually in these shorts, but this one had way too many stuffed in a story we basically already knew about. Not to mention the voice acting, writing and direction were extremely weak.

Shorts Ranking:
>Bastion short (some top-tier Pixar/Disney level shit)
>Infiltration (great plot and features many characters interacting)
>The Plan (I'm counting this one among the higher quality ones because it featured to two most charismatic characters doing their thing)
>Dragons (great effects and interesting enough plot that teases redemption which is a personal favorite)
>Widow short (just well done all-round)
>Soldier short / Recall short (equally "okay" in terms of story, still good)
>Rise and Shine (good looking, but that's it)

Soldier 76's short was a wild storm of cliches and ten-a-penny dialogue snippets. The fight choreography wasn't even good enough to watch it muted.

What about Velma?

yea, I think they wanted to do an origins story but i dunno....

could it have been done better? or would a mei adventure would be better?

>game has plenty of characters that would've been perfect for one of these shorts
>they spend all their time making it for one, if the not the most blandest character, that literally no one but a couple thick memers likes or cares for

Yes. It's a mainstream popular video game. Of course people care.

HONESTLY in my opinion

If that Soldier 76 trailer would have been the first or second trailer ever released after the whole museum fiasco with winston and tracer...

It would have been better as to give the mystery element to soldier 76.

that's just me and i could be wrong.

Why do I get Disney vibes from this?

Yeah maybe it would have been better for the "vlog" portion to be and English(and maybe the part where she "responds" to Winston as well) and then have the rest be in Chinese with subtitles. I mean she has no one else to talk to. Unless Snowball only understands English.

oh what, you want one for Genji or something?

you're just an Orc!

what do YOU know?

Mei's just a little chubby,
she isn't fat!

I wish OW was better than TF2, but it still has a long way for that to happend
T. fan of both

You now realize that Snowball killed everyone else to keep Mei's tube going.

That might have been the case, remember Blizzards Cinematics department isn't part of any one game studio, its literally a separate entity from every franchise.

So...do these shorts having anything to do with the "story" of overwatch or are they just for fun?

Maybe he wants one for Torbjorn, or Reinhardt, or Zenyatta, or a GOOD one for Roadhog that isn't inferior to stuff that was made for the Saxxies.

hit boxes need improvement.

sniping in this game is too easy. if you could headshot like you can in OW, in TF2. You would be accused of using an aimbot.

>they spend all their time making it for one, if the not the most blandest character,

But this isn't a Pharah short.

character background and world building.

They're mainly for backstory, but this game has like no plot at all. None of your actions or matches seem like they have any relevance, so the only stories they can tell are flashbacks.

I refuse to use snipers in any game, the only "sniper" i use is Ana, and i only found a decent widow every 100 games and even less hanzos

>Mfw my best friend who's obese was offended by the thinning of Mei in Overwatch rooster event, but never gave a shit about it from any other show/game that involved fat people getting thin or being made fun of.

>tfw tell him that the sprays show what she's like without the coat and that she isn't as overweight as people make her out to be, in official lore, but still doesn't give a shit

I hate my asperger friend sometimes

The problem is that: A) we already know Mei's story and B) she's not an interesting character. There's far more interesting characters to devote this kind of time, money and heart to.

Personally, I'd like to see a Mercy short; they've teased the idea of her possibly having done something morally grey or messing something up in the past and a short would help to build her character and solidify her as more than just a healslut. Maybe that'd take too long to tell, though. It'd probably work better in a comic.

Junkrat and Roadhog were the obvious picks of who deserves a cinematic short, but it's funny that even without the high quality, their personalities carry them way past some of the cinematic shorts.

Nah, they're all story. They're all canon, if that's what you're asking. The story takes a backseat to gameplay, though.

The shorts essentially 'are' the story.

The game itself is a bunch of non-canon contextless fights that some people claim are Overwatch's AI (Athena) running combat simulations. Overwatch doesn't have a campaign mode or an ongoing comic, though it should.

Really the best we can hope for is that the game maintains popularity enough to get an Overwatch show or Movie at some point. The world and (most) of the characters have potential, that's why people latched onto them. But right now that story is more implied than anything else.

It annoys me that Pharah can't fly all the time and in a smooth manner that allows freedom of movement and great speed.

I miss rocket jumping

They really need to make "Overwatch Chronicles" or something that serves as a "story mode". It doesn't necessarily need to be "Overwatch but singleplayer" either.

First they need an actual antagonist that they can actually use because goddamn, Talon is the saddest shit. The problem is that you can't kill these characters, they're too iconic to die.

A lot of characters need shorts to help expand their characters.

Pharah, for the love of god, needs a short. Preferably a short that has to do with her finding out Ana is still alive, because that interaction is really important for both of those characters.

Zenyatta needs a short. Mercy needs a short. I'd even be fine with a short that is about the two of them meeting during a crises where they both rush to help people, and just talking about Genji afterwards. Mercy about rebuilding his body, and Zenyatta about rebuilding his spirit.

Dva could probably use a short, but she's a popular enough character they probably aren't in a rush to do that.

>Torbjorn
Blizzard already force him enough with giving him a short, i would say that Zarya, Symmetra, Lucio, Mccree and even d,va could have better shorts

How is that a problem? The only Talon character that doesn't have an autoescape is Doomfist, and he's clearly final boss tier.

Reaper you can kill as many times as you want.

Widow can spiderman out at the end of the fight.

Sombra can turn invisible AND teleport.

Think of it like an RPG. All because you 'beat' a boss doesn't mean that character dies on the spot.

The rest of the time you can fight talon soldiers and machines. Maybe come up with some new characters you are allowed to kill for real.

Why didn't the system automatically wake them anyway?

I'm just wondering what the hell you do with Junkrat and Roadhog. There's a few factions that seem perfectly content with doing their own thing.

There could also be factions related to specific stories, Like Vishikar would be the antagonist in a Lucio story, other Junkers in a Junkrat/Roadhog story, and the rest of the Shimada clan in a Genji/Hanzo story.

Probably the anomaly, which may be the cause of the god-mind bullshit.

Get ready for eldritch final boss so everyone can be the good guy.

I think Uprising was their test to see how interested people were in co-op or story-based content. It was a pretty neat mode (if not a little too simple), but people responded well.

I think the best short they could make would be one that focuses on the fall of Overwatch; like the build-up, the actual fight, and a glimpse at some of the consequences and results as we see them now. Like said, Talon is pretty vague and thus weak right now, and a "Fall of Overwatch" short may shed some light on them.

I'm honestly not sure if Sym, Zarya, or Lucio have enough personality outside of autist, stronk, and musicman to carry an entire short. They're kind of like Mei where they feel like afterthoughts and scraps of an archetype. Even Soldier: 76 - the average super-soldier - felt more deserving of a short due to his position in the world and Overwatch. Zarya might have some story bits where she's hunting Sombra after "Infiltration".

Doomfist is nothing but escape techniques.
>Rocket Punch the fuck away
>Rising Uppercut to higher ledges
>Seismic Slam leap at a point
>Combine those last two to cover some crazy distance really fast
>Ult Meteor Strike and just call time out as you leave the map and tell a circle to get the fuck out of dodge

His every attack is also an escape.

Can someone remind me when exactly I started browsing Sup Forums? I could've sworn I was on Sup Forums...

>I'm just wondering what the hell you do with Junkrat and Roadhog
Use them as a constant thorn in the side of both Overwatch and Talon and have them become reluctant heroes when the inevitable greater evil comes around and starts fucking shit up all over the place.

The OW comics and animated shorts count as Sup Forums my guy

Well, what killed them wasn't power loss. The base lost power after she woke up, but it wasn't power loss that killed them because the health monitors were still online.

I'm guessing the freeze went bad. Like an airplane, the two most dangerous times are when it takes off and when it lands. I'm guessing that they died within the first day or two of freezing, of complications which waking them up wouldn't have solved.

The fact that 'one or more of our people is fucking DEAD' didn't set off alarms and subroutines anyway is sort of the best proof that something was wrong with the pods/this technology never should have been used in the first place. Something was seriously wrong with the pods themselves or the system that monitors them, either by flawed design or malfunction in use.

HaHa! Time for Health!

Shit we knew before this cinematic

>Mei was a scientist frozen for about a decade and with the help of a robotic companion now assists Overwatch, she has no personality

Shit we know since the cinematic's release

>>Mei was a scientist frozen for about a decade and with the help of a robotic companion now assists Overwatch, she has no personality, also she's a canon lard ass

I said this in another thread, but I honestly thought she was going to die at the end of the short. It was really fucking bland.

It's animated. Sup Forums sucks. Fuck off.

>Junkrat and Roadhog end up saving the world
>everyone has to deal with the fact that two outback degenerates saved the day

Yes please.

Gotta do an edit that says "Fuckign Dead"

>Sup Forums has Overwatch short thread,
Jesus fucking Christ why am I on that shitshow that is Sup Forums about this?

Junkrat and Roadhog are joke bosses that you fight but never kill, who inevitably end up helping you save the day somehow.

"It's too late! Talon has the Omnium back online. In a matter of minutes, hundreds of robot soldiers are going to start rolling off that assembly line, and they won't stop. We can't kill them faster than they are being built."

"So we have five minutes to find a way to blow up this Omnium."

"SOMEONE NEED SOMETHING BLOWN UP?"

The joke is that Junkrat isn't the key to destroying the Omnium, Roadhog is. He's done it before, and he's had more than a decade to think about what he did wrong. What he should have done different.

It's animated, so it counts. Doesn't it?

If we can talk about live action movies that are loosely based on some comic books, I don't see why not.

Someone at Blizzard hire this user.

well we actually discuss about the vids or comics compare it with the older stuff.

bitch and complain how come the other hero didn't get on and wait for it to archive.

>TFW you realize Roadhog and Junkrat are Team Rocket.

Well this is more Sup Forums related than those live action films.

Well Mei WAS the hero that I wanted a short of. So I'm content for the moment.

I'd fuck a girl with a body like this for as long as I fucking could. "Fit" Sonic Meat is great.

>Well Mei WAS the hero that I wanted a short of. So I'm content for the moment.

I'm legit surprised to hear that. What were you hoping for in terms of plot for the short? Did you have any expectations? How did you like the short?

My face when my wife looks just like mei and is salvadorian american and just as nerdy cute.

hnnnngh my fucking dick

can't wait for the influx of mei art

D.va short please. You can't fuck up Kaiju with mecha. Not even Blizzard.

Not him, but a lot of the personality that these characters get is from their shorts. Mei really needed something to make her stand out.

Apparently that something was "The Martian, but in Antarctica and all her friends are dead :( ". Which we technically knew before, but not as explicitly.

Also, the mention of the anomaly is... worrisome. Not just because we don't know what it is and that Mei thinks her data could save millions of lives, but that apparently no one else has been keeping tabs on it in the last 9 years.