‘The Batman’ is ‘Not Part of the DC Extended Universe,’ Says Matt Reeves

slashfilm.com/the-batman-not-part-of-the-dc-extended-universe/
>“Well I have a vision for a way to do something with that character that feels like it resonates with me personally, and a perspective that can grow out into other things. When they approached me, what they said was ‘look, it’s a standalone, it’s not part of the extended universe.’”

Is the DCEU dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ31pQ3EXM
vgchartz.com/game/117274/injustice-2/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VG_Chartz
youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc
youtu.be/ECM7cGPL8EQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ok, it's official. It's a mess.

He is just saying that suits convinced him by telling that he can direct by pretending that the rest of the shit universe doesn't exist.

>only movie that could possibly be good isn't part of the DCEU

It's over.

lmao

The fuck? good fucking god why the fuck not

Oh hey, look, it's a post from 2013! I have bad news about the upcoming Man of Steel movie, buddy.

>It's another Bat-embargo
That actually might be the best plan for live-action.

>is batman JUST

>Or: it could just mean that Matt Reeves is making a Batman movie that won’t be burdened by world-building or Justice League cameos.

But yeah, let's go with the most dramatic and clickbait way of reading that.

Literally why even bother having a connected universe at this point?

>mediocre Batman shit sold to casuals help fuel good and creative stories focusing on lesser known characters.
Just like in the comics!

>this is fine.jpg

every piece of fake news about DC is always follwed by the exact same 2 or 3 comments trying to bait people

>fake news
I hadn't realized Matt Reeves was a Marvel shill.

>we're in your movie studio
>killing your extended universe

I never understood this mindset.
>This is the ONLY hero and villains.
>NO others exist.

>Is the DCEU dead?
BURY IT.

CONSIDER THIS MERCY.

you just realized this?

So it's gonna be another Nolan verse where none of the characters that make the Batman world interesting are gonna show up.
Planet of Apes was mediocre so I've no hope for it

because it worked for Marvel. DC is going to continue to force this to work even if it makes zero sense.

NOT CANON
NOT CANON
NOT CANON

>Someone working for WB says something ambiguous related to DC movie
>It's over, DC is finished!

Every. Fucking. Time. It's basically a self-fulfilling prophecy now, anything they do or say means it's bad according to you people.

Shut up, Zack

why do you have any hope at all at this point for anything in the DCCU not related to Wonder Woman? Her movie is literally the only one so far not surrounded by polarization and differing opinions.

>Krypton is a separate universe
>Batman is a separate universe
>same actors and aesthetic as main universe
This whole universe is a fucking travesty.

This happens with any super hero movie.

Literal fake news...does anybody even takes entertainment news seriously anymore?

Not with MCU movies

DC is a bunch of incompetent fucking morons

thank god they won't make it to the end of the year

>same actors and aesthetic as main universe
>Krypton

No, it's on a Syfy budget and the Zods are black

Also if Bruce Timm can do two unrelated animated movies in his style, they can cast Affleck for two unrelated live-action ones

>fake news

can you fuck off and die if that was unironic? at least come up with something else or just explain why you think it isn't real. I can't take people speaking in buzzwords anymore unless its meant as a joke.

probably because they're good and made by competent people with talent

>DC Comics
>creative stories
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

Just fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ31pQ3EXM

This is an old interview. Its been confirmed multiple times since that this is part of DCEU and Ben is still Batman

I mean he's just saying it's a standalone right?

Ok i will bite

So far DC stomped Marvel this year with better Movies, comics, games and cartoons so suck it disney shill

Reminder that the guy who decided to do this was hired to SAVE Justice League

The absolute STATE of DCEU

I'll give you movies, games and cartoons, but comics? That's only true if you don't actually read comics.

>if that was unironic?
do you not know these "people"? they're scum pure and simple

>MCU has been going for nearly 10 years
>almost 17 movies total

>only way you can critize it is by showing one 24 second long corny scene from one of the few more mediocre films in the franchise

lol

> comics, games and cartoons
Literally don't matter on this scale. It's all merchandising.

>better Movies
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you mean like Wonder Woman and Batman and Harley Quinn

>comics
oh yeah Metal is so amazing

>games
they have ONE game

>cartoons
oh come on now TTG is not better than ANYTHING

>they have ONE game

Injustice? It didn't even make EVO finals day, but MvC3, a 6 year old game, did.

>they have ONE game
One game that sold around 4 million copies so far. That's far above average for capeshit game.

just more proof that DC is a massive fucking failure especially compared to marvel

I'm just glad that idiot had the common sense not to add tv shows to his list of bullshit

>hur durr final days
>samefag
Yeah trying this hard, meanwhile Wonder Woman already made more far more than any origin movie of MCU and CAN STILL MAKE MORE, while spiderman is barely on 700 millions

Eat your sjw comics and shitty movies

are you fucking high? eat shit moron.

>oh yeah Metal is so amazing
Better than Marvel's shit sandwich.

Shut your bitch mouth.

whats your argument here exactly? that it's doing great? by what standards? how much money the series is taking in? or actual quality?

it boggles my mind coming here and seeing people go out of their way to fill out glitched captchas just to spout nonsensical diarrhea like this.

Incompetent fucking morons who are destroying most Marvel films at the BO. It's because Marvel is and will always be built on D-list weak ass characters and DC ripoffs. That's why the movie audience almost always responds more to DC heroes. They are the gold standard.

oh wow here's another one. or is this a samefag just getting triggered at differing opinions on an anonymous image board? you need a safe space, Snyderflake?

>sold around 4 million copies so far
>around 4 million copies
>4 million
>vgchartz.com/game/117274/injustice-2/
>0.79m units sold

Hmmmm

>first WW movie
>800 million
>sixth SM movie
>700 million
>not even opened in China yet
>b-b-but muh origin movies!

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

so what about all those Batman spin offs they anounced like Nightwing, Gotham Sirens and Joker? are those going to be connected to the reeves move? the DCEU or fuck it new continuity? this universe has existed for only 3 years and its already more of a mess than the X-men movie timeline

Literally NO ONE thinks Marvel comics have been better than DC. Even Marvel fans have admitted the comics have been shit lately. GTFO

Mate Geoff Johns said Batman is getting his own extended universe. That is what Reeves meant.

>le box office argument, again

jesus christ. this is all you have left? this is your final leg to stand on? you realize the Michael Bay Transformers movies were bo hits right, correct? And The Phantom Menace? and Indy 4. and literally any shitty sequel or reboot that has a household name so it gains tons of money despite being a shit movie.

and let's not forget the brand new Joker origin movie that's ALSO not connected to anything maybe

Yeah well most of their movies are forgettable bullshit. Entertaining.. sure. But still vapid movies.

The point is that there will no more DCEU the moment Justice League drops.

Prepare for Batman and Wonder Woman cinematic universes

This. Go away Sup Forums. Johns said this weeks ago at Comic Con.

they're still making them, though. so obviously the continuity isn't a complete and utter mess, 17 movies later. unlike the DCCU, which is already having continuity issues, 4 movies in.

why is this hard? its basic kindergartner level math.

that's because there very little of the original marvel right now, instead we got a lot of shitty fannart characters like Silk,Cho,Morales,she-thorthat black girl "iron man"

If you truly love Marvel then you must hate their current comics

>the interview is a month old
Sometimes is hard not to believe those conspiracy theories.
It's probably gonna be a "standalone" just like Wonder Woman was one, and pretty much all the Marvel first wave movies were. Maybe just some minor references here and there but not forced cockteasing for future movies and unnecessary cameos.

What's happening is that DC knows there is a market for their movies, but they just have no idea what to do
They're doing "Throw shit at the wall and then go overboard on whatever stinks the least"

This just gives the movie a higher possibility of being great.

old interview that has been debunked by more recent news at this point, moving on

>just like Wonder Woman was one, and pretty much all the Marvel first wave movies were
And that's a good idea since Marvel first wave was far better than current shit like homo cumming, each movie was beautiful and unique.

>its basic kindergartner level math.
that's too hard for the people at DC

they barely have a grasp on the alphabet

I get what is going on, these are paid shills trying to shit on DC and deflect the attention from the really negative reception that Defenders is getting

VG Chartz isn't a reliable source, they literally fabricate their data.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VG_Chartz

>And that's a good idea
Yeah, I agree with that. I think all reference to the "extended universe" should be kept minimal and only exploited whenever a team movie comes up.

>that's too hard for the people at DC
>they barely have a grasp on the alphabet

More Oscars than Marvel, every movie with the Joker on it has won an Oscar while people already forgot about Dr. Strange, Ant-man, Groot, etc

>Oscar

Do you mean the black diversity black awards?

IT'S OVER THE BAT IS DEAD, BURY IT.

>Do you mean the black diversity black awards?

''lol I'm a poltard!! that's my argument!''

This is why Marvel shills are easy to spot

77 replies
33 original posters

but seriously, this is not a shill thread made by Marvel interns to distract from the fact that Inhumans is a mockery and that Defenders failed

>stand alone movie not connected to main continuity a la GotG
>WHAT A MESS
Oscarlets when will they learn?

To be honest, separate hero-specific-series of movies with small contact to one another, as opposed to an overreaching plot is fine.

>thank god they won't make it to the end of the year
After crushing marvel? Why would they quit now?

Is this a video game or something? The cg is substandard, and the action is laughable.

>Iron Man and Spider-man in one movie.
>Aveners hype
>Civil War hype
>Michael Keaton
>Makes less money than Wonder
>Even with a bigger budget
>Defenders failed.
>Agents of Shit is not even a thing for most people
>Inhumans is dead before arrival.

Where were you when Marvel was killed?

better than this embarrasment

youtube.com/watch?v=f7cjpeRuNQc

>IP count doesn't go up
We've been through this and we know that scene was better than that pacman shit in GotG2

JESUS FUCK! Avengers 1 aged like fucking milk! That looks beyond terrible!

>you mean like Wonder Woman
Exactly that

Whedon is an overrated hack that's why he was fired from MCU, DCEU hired him to do a couple of edits only to give zack snyder movie more spotlight since dumb casuals like him so much

Isn't that re-edited to force it into 60fps?

>good idea since Marvel first wave was far better than current shit like homo cumming, each movie was beautiful and unique.

Are you joking? Every movie but the first iron man and Avengers was mediocre. The movies are much better now.

>Wonder Woman is well received by both critics and the audience and is a massive success
>Marvelfags resort to Snyderfags routines

Both sides are so fucking retarded.

youtu.be/ECM7cGPL8EQ

>HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>changing the name of the webm because we know it's the same 2 or 3 shills posting it in every thread
>wonder woman is still the most successful capemovie of the year
Another day on Sup Forums I guess

>oh yeah Metal is so amazing
Oh, boy, you convinced me! Legacy seems totally awesome now! Make mine Marvel!

>they have ONE game
2: the Arkham games and Injustice. While Marvel has...

>TTG is not better than ANYTHING
I don't even like TTG but name one Marvel cartoon that is better.

I can't comment on the Marvel movies because I haven't seen them but Wonder Woman surely has kicked their ass in the box office anyway, so stay butthurt.

If that was the case then Cassey Affleck wouldn't have won despite the outcries. And spare me "b-but he's Ben's little bro!" as if that dirty drunk has pull.

>one month old interview
>wonder woman literally was a stand alone movie too
Why are MCU friends so fucking stupid bros? Are quips that bad for the IQ?

>Spiderman Home Flopping still hasn't surpassed BvS

>I don't even like TTG but name one Marvel cartoon that is better.
DC girls is better than marvel's shit.

>While Marvel has...
spiderman, lego marvel superheroes, marvel vs capcom

all this year alone while DC has injustice 2 and....