After long, careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that Bart the Fink is the best episode of The Simpsons

After long, careful consideration, I've come to the conclusion that Bart the Fink is the best episode of The Simpsons.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mXlyYSNAACM
youtu.be/lA-61mL9qdk?t=35s
youtube.com/watch?v=qEGFaOeUm2A
youtube.com/watch?v=_sQKrxErpC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

But it's Rosebud

I really didn't like that episode and found it kind of obnoxious, but then I've never been a fan of Krusty episodes in general. The writers tend to use them as a vehicle for making showbiz/Hollywood jokes that don't resonate with me.

And Maggie Makes Three wants a word.

As much as I love that episode the huge fucking plothole throws me off every time. It's staggering how much the show changed since season 1 that they forgot basic Simpsons knowledge from that period.

I always find it difficult to choose between Lisa's Substitute, Last Exit to Springfield and Lisa on Ice.

Needs to have a good balance of 10/10 laugh out loud humour and heartwarming moments to be a great Simpsons episode.

Homer at the Bat

AMMT is a sloppy mess. The writer of the episode was this chick Jennifer Crittenden (the show's first female writer I should add) whom Dave Mirkin picked up at a contest somewhere, most likely because he thought she was cute.

My guess is that Mirkin let her get away with a sloppy script because he thought she was cute.

>Not 22 Short Films About Springfield

This is a close fucking 2nd

>most likely because he thought she was cute
>because he thought she was cute

Impressive going from making up bullshit to believing your own made up bullshit in the span of a single sentence.

youtube.com/watch?v=mXlyYSNAACM
LORD
PALMERSTON

>Crittenden has written five episodes for The Simpsons, the first being "And Maggie Makes Three" (1995) and the latest being "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson" (1997). Crittenden was taking a beginners' writing program at 20th Century Fox when former The Simpsons show runner David Mirkin hired her on the show.[5] Crittenden's only writing experience before that had been as an intern on the Late Show with David Letterman.[5] 20th Century Fox had introduced Crittenden to Mirkin, and Mirkin read a script of hers that he liked so he hired her.[5]

>In addition, she wrote and executive produced Everybody Loves Raymond, and served as a writer and producer on later seasons of Seinfeld, from 1996.[1] Crittenden also worked on The Drew Carey Show,[6] as a consulting producer on Arrested Development, and as a writer and co-executive producer on the CBS series The New Adventures of Old Christine.[7][8] For her work, Crittenden has won two Humanitas Prizes and has earned five Emmy Award-nominations: four for "Outstanding Comedy Series" (Seinfeld in 1998 and Everybody Loves Raymond in 2000, 2001, and 2002) and one for "Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series" (Everybody Loves Raymond in 2002).[9]

>not getting the tongue-in-cheek humor of my post
Actually, I have no idea what Ms. Crittenden looks like or if she even is cute, she could be a hambeast for all anyone knows (attractive women probably don't write TV scripts).

That's not cape feare

The one where that guy from the retirement castle is looting houses and Homer tries to recover Lisa's saxaphone, it's from the 5th season.

Yeah she was only 23 at the time and had never written a script when Mirkin hired her. I remember from reading old Usenet posts that a lot of the fans didn't like her episodes. And Maggie Makes Three was widely bashed for its sloppy writing and continuity.

Homer The Vigilante, s05e11

Can we agree on a list of god tier episodes?

Canidates:
Bart vs Austrailia
Marge vs the Monorail
Homer at the bat
You only move twice
Cape Feare
Rosebud
The springfield files
homers enemy
The film festival episode.

these are just off the top o me head

I know it's not the most unpopular episode, but I'm always surprised to see how often Bart Sells His Soul gets overlooked.

Yeah that one. Can't nail what it is, but that one always really stood out from the others for me, that season was likely the best.

>The springfield files

No. There's some great jokes but the structure and pacing of this episode is absolute doo doo to the point that episode literally acknowledges it with the Nimoy leaving joke.

its an incredibly average episode with hardly any jokes. in terms of bart episodes Bart of Darkness does way better

>Is it saint swivens day allready

what's the plothole, been so long since I watched anything of the show that I've completely forgotten

new question for the thread; what is the worst episode for each season in your opinion?

Last Exit to Springfield is basically a perfect episode and there isn't much to discuss.

Everything after that is down to personal preference.

"Uncles Moes Family Feedbag" is one of their best B-plots though at least

Anyways, I think we all know that Bart On The Road is the best Bart episode

That this scene alone led to the one of the best spooky threads here makes me happy.

just gonna do the classic seasons

S1: Call of the Simpsons
S2: Old Money
S3: Bart's Friend Falls in Love
S4: So It's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show/New Kid on the Block
S5: Secrets of a Successful Marriage
S6: Another Simpsons Clip Show/Fear of Flying
S7: The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular/Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield
S8: The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase/Burns, Baby Burns
S9: All Singing, All Dancing/Trash of the Titans

for seasons with a clip show, I picked the second worst episode. and for S2-5, the "worst" episode is still great, it's just the "worst" of the best. I'd put half of season 9 below Bart's Friend Falls in Love or Old Money, but what can you do?

For one, living in the same house before Bart and Lisa were born.

>S3: Bart's Friend Falls in Love
I think that's always an overseen episode because in later seasons Milhouse was always hinted to be gay yet had a love story before Bart himself got one.

Well, probably all of those episodes have plotholes now seeing how those things have been retconned to hell and back as time went by and the characters didn't age, in a few years 2010 will likely be the birthdate for Bart and later for Lisa instead of the future where they're adults.

Explain further

There's a disturbing lack of "Lemon of Troy" in this thread

PITT
THE
ELDER

nah

tell me more.

Mountain of Madness

In Marge We Trust. I liked both the main plot and the subplot.

Last exit to Springfield is my favourite. That and homer badman

I really love this scene in particular.
youtu.be/lA-61mL9qdk?t=35s
>I gotta wait in line with nobodies to buy groceries from a failure!

22 films has good bits but it's certainly plagued by the same sort of thing that segued the show into the end of the golden age. That Cletus segment is cringeworthy, looking back.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much is utterly fantastic IMO.

One episode I think is very underrated would be Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in The Curse of the Flying Hellfish.
I loved the whole "adventure" story, the dynamic between Abe and Bart, and Abe being used for something more substantial than the usual easy old crank jokes.

>That Cletus segment is cringeworthy, looking back

Maybe for you.

The Day That Violence Died

>Chicken Coup/Fence jokes
>Amendment to Be
>No, Money Down!

By far best Simpsons episode

Homer and Apu trumps all other opinions in this thread.

>you will never have a solid gold house and a rocket car

Thinking "The Last Temptation of Krust". That episode really felt like misplaced satire that belonged on some other show.

Homer Badman.

When saw it for the very first time I was in tears of laughter I was laughing so hard. There was something so perfectly comedic about the escape from the candy show sequence and then you get so many other god tier bits.

>Simpson Scandal Update: Homer sleeps nude in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers!
>I'll yell so loud the whole nation will hear! WITH A MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE!?
>Your tears say more than real evidence ever could!
>The entire Rock Bottom interview

youtube.com/watch?v=qEGFaOeUm2A

inb4 jojofags

"LOOK OUT ITCHY, THAT GUYS IRISH!"

Under the sea up there with my favourite cutaway gags as well.

LORD
PALMERSTON

tell

That *was*, no memeing, a good episode

>found it kind of obnoxious,
This. Krusty just wants a normal life and is finally happy being a sailorman. But they have to ruin it for their own good.

Homer Badman, and it's not even close.

youtube.com/watch?v=_sQKrxErpC4
>MR. SIMPSON NOOOO!

For 8 years I thought this was the proper pronunciation.

>Ashley Grant! You gave a speech at my school on how women no longer have to be second-class citizens!
>MOM! HOW CAN YOU LEAVE US WITH THIS MANIAC?!

Hey, that's a half-truth!