I think I might slowly be loosing interest in cape comics

I think I might slowly be loosing interest in cape comics.

What are some good series out there that aren't capes, but also don't rely completely on gore/outright bleak concepts?

Juice Squeezers.

read manga. especially if you're female. there's not much in the way to appeal to an adult female in western comics.

What do you like, OP? Movies, shows, games, whatever, what appeals to you?

Any tips on what i could get statted on??

Nah, you're good. I go through cycles with this shit. I'm 32 now and have recently started swinging back into comics.

Anything like Megas XLR. The one indie comic I do read now is Wayward. Rat Queens ended up just being too crude and obnoxious for me. I tried Joyride, but I was put off by the main character being so self righteous. Tokyo Ghost is the kind of book that puts me off because it's just so fucking bleak. I haven't really tried Saga cause I got tired of the BKV's "get you attached to characters then kill them all and pretty much ruins your mood for the rest of the day"

...ya know, I should just find more Atomic Robo the more I type...

junji ito

The stuff of legends

It's funny, aside from Dragon Ball Super (good shit posts), I've pretty much gone in reverse.

Mob Psycho 101 is pretty good.

Chew
Bone
Bandette
Love & Rockets (not exactly super upbeat, but not really bleak or depressing either)
Essex County
Scott Pilgrim
Snotgirl
Pope's Battling Boy/Aurora West saga (kinda cape-y)
Blue Monday
Orc Stain (warning: on a long-ass hiatus)
King City
Joe the Barbarian

I don't see why that's funny.
anyway just read from wherever. country of origin isn't important.

the goon is supposed to be good. also try some webcomics like himdaisy and that one with the girl with the tail maybe. never read it, but it looks decent.

>Chew
I tried Chew as well. It kind of turned me off.

I should try those other ones, thanks.

WE3. It has cute animals in it.

Dude, come on. I've been around the block.

Jeff Smith's Bone

Geez dude, you are giving me nothing to work with...
>aren't capes
>don't rely on gore
>don't rely on bleak concepts

That's a tall order, especially since I'm such an edgelord and gorehound. I have to actually go and check my shelves and the other boxes upstairs, because covered a few of the ones I could think of.

Lastman

I've been reading Fables. It's been really good so far!

"The Fix" is pretty good. It's a comedy, if that's your thing.
"Sex Criminals" is also decent. Don't be put off by the name, it's not some erotic comic to get off to. It's about these two people who freeze time when they orgasm. So they rob banks. It's better than my description makes it.
"Y: The Last Man". Could be considered bleak, but it's one of my favorites.

Is that from Edge of Spidercest?

>mfw another capefag user begins to convert and see the light

Fullmetal Alchemist, both the manga and the Brotherhood anime.

2003 has some good moments as well, but starts to get way too tryhard when it goes off the manga's path and starts doing it's own story.

Kamen Rider Black

Does it have to be recent?
Do you like comedy?
Regardless, I always recommend Groo. Some of the funniest stuuf you'll ever read.

There are also the IDW franchise comics. Ghosbusters, TMNT, Dirk Gently, Samurai Jack, GI Joe. All good stuff.

I'm sad she's dead.

Indie comics are as much of political bullshit propaganda as capeshit.

Also,
>not reading DC
OP is a faggot

When did OP say anything about "poltical bullshit propaganda"?

Yeah, the nice thing about manga is how diverse it is. There's good manga about anything from shogi to real physical sports to fantasy battle stuff to romantic comedy. Especially if you know Japanese, if you can't find 100 manga that interests you then you didn't try very hard.

Pic related, picked up at Book-Off yesterday for $14. Cross Game by Mitsuru Adachi

Don't mind him, it's just the standard big two cuck defensive mechanism going into action.

100 different mangas, but still the same shitty plot and cliches. Its hard to find a manga who actually gets out of the box.

Fables is amazing up to chapter 75 (vol 11). From there it takes a hard nosedive. around vol 17 it picks up again, but never regains its former glory.
The Cinderella spin offs are great.