‘Titans’: Anna Diop Cast As Starfire In Live-Action Series For DC Digital Service

deadline.com/2017/08/titans-anna-diop-cast-starfire-live-action-series-dc-digital-service-1202155063/
>24: Legacy alumna Anna Diop has landed one of the leads, the series-regular role of Starfire, in the new live-action series Titans, from Greg Berlanti, Akiva Goldsman, Geoff Johns, Sarah Schechter and Warner Bros TV. She joins Australian newcomer Teagan Croft, who was cast as another lead, Raven, in the series that’s slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

I know we just had a thread about this that went to shit, but I wanted to post a shoop of Diop that I just finished because Why not.

>Implying this thread wont be just an extension of the same shit

Good shop, user. I don't really care about the black thing but I'm worried will get a gimped Starfire in the vein of Domino. She would've been fine as long as she was painted properly

Then let's make it a different kind of shit: Are you going to ship Annafire and Ravencroft?

Starfire isn't supposed to be ugly

How old is this bitch...wtf is going on here...is this show a lolibait show?

I don't get the issue with her being black, she has overly curly hair, big lips and big eyes as well as a black woman's body proportions. I always assumed she was black-ish.

Only if Ravencroft has the strap-on

Why wasn't she latina or indian...why is it always black.

So this is why Starfire has been looking rather rihanna esq when done by certain artists of late.

Look the important thing is, if she talks like the cartoon version of Starfire, it'll be really really racist, and we'll all have a good laugh.

Because black people are the only minority that the american corps seem to care about.

She's 13.
For reference, Anna Diop is 29.

And yet they STILL dropped the ball and couldn't even give us something that decent.

More like they are the loudest.

I'm pretty sure they didn't tell the artists to start blacking her up so they could cast a black actress later on. For one thing the trades would have given it away with the casting call.

>13
Oh boy...TT threads are going to be ''''''fun'''''''

They are making the age diference so Raven can hook up with Damien

Why would they use Damian?

It never ceases to amaze me how the community on this site can be so bookish yet so near-sighted.

>why not X why do blacks always get Y

If you want something, you ask for it. Why is it black people's fault that they're vocal? In the 1960's you all would have been saying "Why is it always blacks who want Civil Rights? What about Asian rights?" When the truth of the matter is you never cared about the issue in the first place and your argument is only to serve the desire for things to remain status quo.

Also, it shouldn't surprise you that the lines between morality and profit gain are blurred in media. You think movie and video game creators actually care about these issues? Of course not. Aligning with the social climate in most cases protects your brand. It seems to me that you all think that blacks come to a consensus every month to delegate which superhero becomes black.

As far as Starfire is concerned, the actress is attractive and can act--I'm ok with this.

Reminder that Anna Diop is Senegalese not "African-American".

(not that that makes the casting any better)

More likely BB because the actor they're looking for for him is closer to her age.

>pedobait raven
>nigger starfire
Literally unfappable.

>diversity
YASSSSS
YAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS
*snaps fingers and looks at the ground*

>being a comic book fan in 2017

Nah she's ugly

If they paint her orange and dye her hair, I wouldn't mind her as Starfire. If not, then fuck it. You either commit to the role, go all out, no matter how ridiculous it is, or face the consequences of cheap and lazy tactics.

Did Star always have that grotesque 5head?

She doesnt have the boobs for the job.

It's always african-americans because they're the only people who can't get shit off their own talent and effort and need affirmative action to force them into achievements they didn't win or even competed for. And that's why every other ethnicity save for jews and cucked whites hate them.

Actual africans come from their thirld world countries and succeed, so do people who live in literal war zones. But african-americans are just too woke for effort, that shit's fucking poisonous to them when they can just whine to ypipo to get shit literally taken from the hands of people who worked hard given to them instead.

Painting her orange would be racist, so they won't.

Fuck off.

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON??

It's funny you're pretending like if a black guy earned his spot at the table you wouldn't still claim affirmative action was the only reason he was there.

and most of Sup Forums thought Teen Titans Go would be the show to rape their childhoods

Black Americans watch a lot of movies and TV.

Because they dont have jobs?

wait.... she's playing Revan?

I was just reading this thread but had to jump in cause your post made me laugh so hard.

It's obvious you're either a woman or minority, maybe both, because you all do the same shit when presented with the truth. Your brains shut down and instead of coming up with rebuttal you either go 'fuck off', 't-virgin' or some other similar low effort insult.

I bet you won't even read this spoiler and reply with something like "Fuck off faggot"

fuck off faggot!

You're trying awfully hard.

>Raven is a 13 year old white girl with blonde hair
>Starfire is a 30 year old black woman with black hair
Is Cyborg going to be a dog

As long as affirmative action or other involuntary means for people/government to directly affect demographics exists its perfectly fair to assume every Black is an affirmative action hire unless stated otherwise, or in places not even affirmative action can reach.

Like how it's perfectly acceptable to think a bosses son was hired solely due to nepotism unless proven otherwise.

Samefagging is unbecoming.

>Joyas gree-tins, friend Rabin! Is eet not truly a wanderful summa day? Sha we commence wit da cookin of da haht dags? I wil be fetchin da chared cole.

What's more low effort than the copypasta of affirmative action and talent and effort? I don't believe for a second you even typed that up fresh for this thread; you probably just loaded up your standard "niggers are getting uppity" text file and picked a paragraph or two at random.
(And the talk of talent is always kind of funny because what talent and effort? Hollywood is all about the casting couch anyway.)

That would be awesome, but i assume he is not going to be in this because he is in the movies.

>know we just had a thread about this that went to shit,

And you expect different results from this one? Lmao wh*te people gonna be pissed no matter what.

Starring Ed Asner as Robin, the Boy Wonder

By that logic there is no merit, or talent, or ability. You can always make excuse, be it nepotism, or affirmative action, or because the person in question sucks a mean dick or greased the right palm. There is no end to the excuses and there's no reason to believe even the proof otherwise.

>You either commit to the role, go all out, no matter how ridiculous it is

You don't watch a lot of CW shows do you?

Yeah, bitter people are like that, its a way to manage their failures.

Friendly reminder that affirmative action only applies to governmental organisations and is also illegal in California, where Hollywood is located.

So let's make sure I have this straight.
When I succeed = Talent
When someone else succeeds = Excuse?

So quick to complain about affirmative action, yet it's been proven numerous times that white women benefit the most from it, and also that part where white people can go to certain prestigious universities sometimes even for free, cause their great great grandfather went there.

They won't. They'll literally rewrite her as coming from a planet of strong, independent black women who don't need no man and have superpowers.

Yep

Damn black do crack
She looks old

And she looks like an orangutan if you give her red hair

> yet it's been proven numerous times that white women benefit the most from it

Lemme guess, you're not adjusting for population are you?

>Why wasn't she latina
This. I thought a Latina actress would've been the most likely for Starfire. She always sort of had that look to me.

>or indian
Asians getting roles is pretty unlikely. I can only name like three Indian actresses that've been featured in Hollywood: Aishwarya Rai, Freida Pinto and Priyanka Chopra.

They have no excuse to change domino
Now that's just horseshit sjw pandering.

At least slutfire has the alien niggers of space going for her.

It'll be even worse if she meets Alfred.

>Massa' Bruce

She's ugly and old honestly that's a legit non bias complaint

Raven needs to look more like Ann Frank

Literally said actual africans come to america and succeed in ways african-americans never do outside of sports.

?

Fixed you're shop

not bad

And you can use the same excuses for them.

I'm amazed how many slavery innuendos white people know, must be all you discuss at those tiki torch rallies.

Jesus, it just doesnt fit. She looks more like a humpa lumpa than starfire. I NEED MORE CURVES!

>Expecting a budget TV show to have a BLACK QUEEN hidden behind make up.

Yeah, no, they're going to give her a "device" that lets her appear "human" so they don't have to have her sit in the chair or use CGI. Just like the actor on Supergirl is always human and no Manhunter.

Wow, hold on. is this show going to be CW-tier? If so why are we even discussing it?

how long until this streaming service thing launches?

also do you all think it will include comics? like part of the subscription enables you access to a marvel unlimited like digital comics service?

>She looks more like a humpa lumpa
Which is exactly what Starfire is

Also all this talk about "caucasian features" makes me believe the "people" pissed off by this don't know their source material at all

It's going on CW, I believe, so yeah.

Those aren't black features either.

it is gonna be exclusive to DC's to be launched streaming service, so is Young justice season 3

It is confirmed no to be on the CW

Its CW

They sure aren't caucasian

>slated to premiere in 2018 as part of the inaugural slate of a new DC-branded direct-to-consumer digital service.

did you guys even read the OP? jeez

you didnt even have to read the linked article to see its not on the CW. DC has said for a while now that it wont be on the CW they are making a DC streaming service and holding Titans and young justice season 3 hostage hoping it will be enough to get people to subscribe

>CW-tier
Is this a derogatory term for some reason?

>Character known for long red hair
>Cast a black woman
>????

>what are wigs and body paint or other hollywood tricks

Because Zack Snyder fans turned it into one.
It doesn't have to make sense

Its latino/brazillian bodytype.
But i guess they are right, putting someone as hot in a show would trigger the feminists.

>why is it always black.
It is far far far easily for the fucking jews to push black people into white characters because complaining about it is RACIST NAZI SLAVERY BIGOT slam bait. Despite the fact that Latinos outnumber blacks 4-1 they will not get nearly as many diversity hires because white guilt doesn't work on spics.

WE

BOOYAH

Lose the victim complex

>Latinos outnumber blacks 4-1
This isn't even close to being true and you know it you moron.

>we are using victim complex to shit over original works because of victim complex but if you notice we are using victim complex you are guilty of victim complex
Truly rabbi you have opened my eyes.

>putting someone as hot in a show
Doesn't even make sense since CW is known for casting notoriously good-looking people.

>latino/brazilian bodytype
My sides

I really hate black people. Guys who do we fix this? Once nobody wanted blacks on TV and there wasn't any. How do we get people to reject blacks and this wave of diversity all together?

>DC CW TV masterminds Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechte will be behind show running Titans.

Come on man. May as well be on CW.

>Complaining about people being victims while being the biggest victimized bitch in this thread
Yikes!

Well the first step is to go buy a tiki torch on walmart

>CW casting good-looking women
Are you serious?

We seriously didn't need a third thread did we? I mean Domino got like 5 threads in one day but there was something to discuss.