Samurai Jack Coming To BluRay

FUCK

YES^10. THE ONE THING I WANTED FROM SAM JACK FINISHING WAS THE FIRST 4 SEASONS REMASTERED AND IT HAPPENED.

MY WISH: HAPPENED
EXPECTATIONS: EXCEEDED
DICK STATUS: MUH

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/08/21/samurai-jack-complete-five-season-series-blu-ray-box-set-announced
youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE&index=5&list=PLZv2jgWhCXMJvDIbsA8juwyYjUyNA7ba7
youtube.com/watch?v=XQYUwRHUdm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ign.com/articles/2017/08/21/samurai-jack-complete-five-season-series-blu-ray-box-set-announced

As striking as the box art is, I would've preferred something designed by Scott Wills, in the style of the series' background art with Jack and Aku.

How do you "remaster" 480p digital files?

i like the bold look for the box. hopefully the interior stuff is more intricate.

Waifu2x

That's not a remaster, that's upscaling.

Seriously, I almost never see people who know what remastering IS.

It was originally done of film, according to CartoonBrew.

The source material, whether stored on film or digitally, would be higher than 480p. 480p is just what the finished product was exported as.

I hope it comes with the soundtrack. James Venable's score was one of my favorite things about the series and it's a crime that it hasn't been officially released.

Oh, wait, let me do something first:
REEEEEEE SEASON 5 WAS SHIT ASHI WAS SHIT THE ENDING WAS SHIT GENNDY IS A HACK HE DESERVES TO DIE FOR RUINING MY SHOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

There. For all of you who came here to complain about Season 5, I voiced your complaints for you so you wouldn't have to do it yourselves, and we can talk about something else related to Samurai Jack for a change.

>I hope it comes with the soundtrack.
Unless news will come of it later, it seems that unfortunately won't happen. However season 5's soundtrack is going to be released digitally in September.

But who knows, if the boxset sells enough, maybe seasons 1-4 will get a complete soundtrack release?

That has been my only complaint about this so far. I saw news about S5's OST, but nothing about S1-4. I asked a question to Adult Swim's twitter, but I'm not expecting an answer back since I don't ever see them answer fan questions, but it doesn't hurt to try.

There's way too many fucking good tracks to be limited to a 480p release of Sam Jack. I need 320kbps songs like a fat kid needs to lose weight.

You've no idea how much I want and need a higher quality version of this youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE&index=5&list=PLZv2jgWhCXMJvDIbsA8juwyYjUyNA7ba7

color correction, cleaning up possible errors
Plus the lack of dvd compression

Also, there are analog artifacts like color bleeding and analog noise (which looks different and not as good as film grain) on the DVD and the current iTunes release.
The Blu-ray will probably be clean of those analog artifacts.

I'm not even sure if they went to whatever masters they had for those releases. They look like they were sourced from broadcast tapes Cartoon Network used when they aired them.

Yes, but analog broadcast masters, especially in the early-2000s, should look better than that.
The DVD does look sharper but it is only an interlaced encode, the iTunes version isn't interlaced (they merely probably deinterlaced the DVD version or digital files with the same source as the DVD version) but it does look blurrier and more compressed than the DVD.

A deinterlaced DVD or watching the DVD on a CRT will beat the iTunes version, anyways.

But the Blu-ray will probably be the best version of Samurai Jack.

Also, they did use the original masters from the DVD/iTunes release when they played the original intro in the finale of season 5.

And the reruns of the earlier episodes were upscales of the DVD/iTunes version.

>However season 5's soundtrack is going to be released digitally in September.
>I saw news about S5's OST, but nothing about S1-4.
Eeh I guess that will have to do.
I mean maybe this is just a personal pet peeve but Venable not doing the score for Season 5 was very noticeable to me right in the first episode.
Not that Season 5 had a bad soundtrack, far from it, but it just didn't feel the same, you know ?

I guess I'll have to settle for YouTube rips.
Still, at least we are actually getting a Samurai Jack OST and that's good.

If that is true, then it can be remastered then.

>le blue ray meme

The most likely candidate of a label to release the soundtrack would be La La Land. They release OSTs for things like Battlestar Galactica, Batman TAS, Titan AE, and fucking WIZARDS. They are a soundtrack label that releases anything that's good.

Stay mad, downloadfag.
I do use iTunes and other similar services for music and some movies/TV shows but Blu-ray/CD is still miles better most of the time.

Which makes me disappointed that Taylor Swift: The 1989 World Tour: Live will never have a Blu-ray + CD release since Taylor Swift had an exclusivity deal with iTunes for that concert film/album.

>I guess I'll have to settle for YouTube rips.

Well it's possible that IF the first 4 seasons have 5.1 mixes, the BGM could theoretically be ripped from that in a mostly clean state depending on how isolated it is from the other channels.

I discovered that the original intro segment used in the finale episode had Aku's (Mako) dialog on it's own channel, so they possibly still have all the audio (sfx, music, dialog) in it's original form, and will make 5.1 mix from that.

It's also worth noting that the premiere movie DVD had a 5.1 audio track, but the series DVDs did not (and it was removed from the first 3 episodes in the 1st season DVD).

I didn't watch the 4th season, how was it?

>wanting a clunky ass DVD
Seriously, why can't DVD cases feel secure these days? We've had nearly 30 fucking years to make the things not feel clunky. Jesus, fucking PS2 games didn't clink around in their cases as much. Fuck you.

>your choice of album
youtube.com/watch?v=XQYUwRHUdm4

I wish the Blu-rays are in 6.1, since apparently, the show was mixed in 6.1 according to Reddit, at least the fifth season.

What's your favorite S1-4 track? Mine is the one that plays during the "Spring" segment in "Four Seasons of Death". Not even S5 tracks have been able to surpass it.

>6.1
I think that was a typo on that post. All the episodes I've found only have 5.1

I think I saw that info on Reddit.
But yeah, I think it's only Dolby Pro Logic IIx or DTS Neo:6 in action.

Samurai Jack still sounds great in 6.1 on my surround setup, though.

Remember to pirate this guys. Don't give that kike commie any of your hard earned neet bux or wage cuck cash.

Someone answer me reeeeeee

Gosh, (you) sound like a bot.

>please tell me if something is good or not
Why do you think other poster can tell good from bad?

Was the fifth season a mistake? I honestly don't know how to feel about it. I was wary of Ashi since we first heard about her, but I never imagined she'd actually cause what she did, and the ending being so utterly thoughtless beyond her leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But I loved episodes 1-3, and 6 felt like a stunning tribute to the original series that pumped me up like nothing else.

>Was the fifth season a mistake?
I think the biggest mistake was limiting it to 10 episodes. Had it been 16, or even 13, the ending would've (hopefully) been far less rushed.

I just wanted an opinion, I don't usually trust rating websites with something this popular

Fuck, I meant 5th season

Go away Genndy

I'm in the same boat. The first 3 episodes had phenomenal pacing for the overarching story they wanted to tell. Episode 4 was a great follow-up, and as controversial as Episode 8 tends to be, I felt it was paced very much like an episode of OG Jack but with a tagalong. Episode 9 was another good follow-up with fine pacing and a great fight.

But most of the other episodes felt like they were just trying their hardest to hit story beats within the time frame instead of actually telling the story. Ashi overcoming her conditioning and her mother, Jack regaining his resolve and his sword; both of them had character resolutions that should have had more impact than I felt from them. More episodes would have let them focus more on the narrative and how it reaches those points, giving them more impact.

But that's not the point of the thread BLU-RAY HYPE

That's the kind of response a bot would give.

Here's some kind of picture someone posted here earlier. It seems to show tiny images of the art they've chosen for this release.

That makes your question even worse. Season 5 was everywhere on this board while it was airing, and you should've already heard what people say about it. This user already posted a good summary of how these arguments go: Basically the season started out very strong but the latter half wasn't as good, and the ending and the deuteragonist were polarising.

FIGHT ME BITCH

>It seems to show tiny images of the art they've chosen for this release.
At first I thought it was old artwork for the 4 seasons, but upon closer inspection it appears to be new artwork (lack of red outlines on Aku's teeth are proof enough). Given how many weren't keen on Jack's redesign (sans beard), it's hard to tell how good or not they'll look. At least rave Jack looks pretty similar to the original design.

Nah, there's nothing wrong with a little bit of discussion on the side.

I get the issues where some of the episodes felt kind of weak. Jack regaining his sword from the gods instead of just re-finding it, since it just fell down a hole and getting magic'ed to look like he did in the previous seasons just felt dumb. When you see Afro Samurai in the Resurrection, all grizzled and washed up, get his ass beat, do you seem him get magic'ed to go back on his journey? Nah, you see him shave his beard, cut his hair, and sharpen his sword to get back into the groove of things. Having Jack take the time to better himself through this way would have been a lot better developmental wise, but considering the 10 episode limit, I'm not surprised something like that was rushed.

All things considered though, I'm just happy it ended. I'm even more happy that its getting a BluRay collection, something that is absolutely amazing considering the time-frame it came from and how a majority of shows made during that time-frame have a high chance of never seeing bluray releases, especially the action-oriented shows (Jackie Chan Adventures, Xiaolin Showdown, etc.) or even just the shows made around that time as well (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Megas XLR, Men in Black: THe Series, etc.)

Bonus points if you can spot the reference in the WEG picture.

It was digitally hand drawn and animated in flash. If they saved all the episodes in original flash files, they can upscale them endlessly.

Will there be an alternate ending where the true hero gets a well deserved happy ending?

It was good. It had some issues, but overall it wasn't enough to ruin it altogether. Overall it's a great send-off, and while not perfect, it certainly is the best reboot of the 2010's.

This. I feel like most of it was good, it just tripped at the finish line. I feel like it really needed one more episode, make the finale grander.

I can deal with what actually happened in the ending, if they had, like, an extended ending, help it pace out a bit better. The ending being so rushed is what was bullshit to me.

But overall, I still thought most of the season was very enjoyable.

As a dowloadfag, I am gonna save up to buy the SHIT outta this! I was on a thread earlier about how Web-DLs will not be as good as Blu-Rays for quality, and I don't mind supporting the creators for something like this

Fuck you, I liked season 5. The ending was rushed, sure, but at least it got a fucking ending.

First 3 episodes were the ones worth watching

I liked the show a lot, cause it reminded me of shows like Batman: The Animated Series, but these shows are better

painted cardboard brown with intrincate cardboard-like design

>All things considered though, I'm just happy it ended. I'm even more happy that its getting a BluRay collection, something that is absolutely amazing considering the time-frame it came from and how a majority of shows made during that time-frame have a high chance of never seeing bluray releases, especially the action-oriented shows (Jackie Chan Adventures, Xiaolin Showdown, etc.) or even just the shows made around that time as well (Courage the Cowardly Dog, Megas XLR, Men in Black: THe Series, etc.)
It actually kind of blows my mind that even shows with full releases like PPG and Courage haven't seen blu-ray releases and that EEnE hasn't ever seen a full physical release period given its popularity, what the fuck CN.