Bionicles

Jesus Fuck, I just binged as much loer as I could from the Bionicle Wiki

How does one franchise manage to have as convulated a plot as the entire marvel or dc universes?

Other urls found in this thread:

biomediaproject.com/bmp/pictures/
biomediaproject.com/bmp/games/
youtu.be/D8lGEfkhvYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll story time the first few issues I guess.

You guys remember kopaka right, he's the cool one!

I'm doing this at 2 in the morning, and I don't know why.

unfortunately these issues were never very extensive. The actual full story was told through both the comics and the online game that is no longer available. The issues themselves are only about 15 pages long each.

make that 12 pages

hell yeah, mother fucking potatu. Best Toa coming through.

that's the first issue. Shit, it's 2 in the morning, if this thread is still here tomorrow I'll post more.

That ain't tahu

Silly user, best toa is on page 1.

Kopaka is the brains behind the Toa Mata and don't nobody forget it.

Oy, if anybody is interested BioMedia Project have most of the comics here biomediaproject.com/bmp/pictures/

Potatu best bro

Keep me posted user, I need this

>implying

what was the best bionicle movie and why was it legends of metru nui ?

best mix visuals and writing. ask of light just wasn't there graphics wise, and the other two just weren't compelling stories.

legend reborn was okay

>no longer available
You need to know where to look, kid.
biomediaproject.com/bmp/games/
"Looks like the squeaky wheel gets the oil."
Though for some reason a certain download of MNOG2 got called a trojan by my Firefox, so be careful I guess.

That movie is a ride, so much happens under 70 minutes. Every region of Metru Nui gets a scene, and it all goes from showing the city in its glory, to the creation of the Toa Metru, to the Toa fucking up and traveling across the island, the downfall, the shitty-ass fight with Makuta, and the end of the Toa Metru and beginning of the Mata Nui era.

It's a badly put together film with crappy villains, underdeveloped ideas, huge plot holes and garbage unfinished animation all over the place, but it's such an experience, and the soundtrack is beautiful. I wish they had stuck to the original plans and made it into a theatrical film, cause the story deserved a longer runtime and a much higher budget.

I loved Bionicle. I remember there were mini-cds in the capsules with toa, cds with mini-games and stuff. Those were the days

btw it were the times of Toa Metru, I still got those Toa somewhere in the basement. Cant say the same about capsules and cs and catalogs, damn. I was a real fan of Bionicle

Because they went off the rails. Their first mistake was ruining Takua as a character in the movie, but Metru Nui onward it gets worse and never stops.
All of the core of the Bionicle setting, the mysticism, the stone-age village style, the "primitive robots" aesthetic, all of it gone and traded for really convoluted and non-sensical science fiction.
They had a fantastic premise and they ruined it by giving mystery an explanation.

The basic idea about the revelation of the Great Spirit robot was okay, combined with the clashing aesthetic of robots living in nature it provided a strong premise to build on, but yeah, they went overboard with the generic science-fantasy and the needless over-explanations later on.

I get that franchises need to evolve and expand, and don't get me wrong I loved most of the later arcs well enough, but the gradual shift in sensibilities was really noticeable. It would have needed a better balance between bullshit magic mysticism and overwrought background info pandering to autistic edgy teens, and some better writers.

Yeah, G2 kind of tried to recapture that aesthetic but they kind if missed what made it so special. I don't mind the GSR since it was obviously planned from the beginning (foreshadowed in MNOG). But they should have ended it with that and rebooted it afterwards.

>Tfw we could've had 1984 for kids
youtu.be/D8lGEfkhvYg

>not LOVING the robot reveal

That was glorious. The tone and genre shift leading up to it was unfortunate.

Man, now I remembered one thing.

Since the comics were done by DC, then the Bionicle-verse is by this part of the DC Multiverse.

Saw this in one Green Lanter page once when it was posted on a older Bionicle thread. The Bionicle-verse, the original one, had a cameo on this page in that issue (pity I don't know which issue it was).

Honestly, they could do a crossover with Justice League.

>Kopaka stumbling on the Fortress of Solitude
>Gali going on outrageous adventures with Aquaman
>Lewa accidentally crashing into Superman
>Onua accidentally digging into the Batcave
>Tahu being puzzled on why Martian Manhunter is avoiding him
>Pohatu engaging in a football match with the Flashes

That's just some of it. You know you want it.

Because they had an entire universe to fill out. Isn't one where you can simply use Earth as your baseline and then focus only on the characters.

damn that made me think as a child.
and it looked good

I had no Bionicle comics back then, nor access to the website, so those CDs were like a godsend to me. The animations, the world-building, the voice of the narrators, it was top-tier advertising from Lego that sold me on both the toys and the lore.

That's how I learned that Gali was a girl, though the narrator labeling Turaga Nokama as a male had me confused for a while.

>Blue means girl
Easiest explanation of gender ever

if she breath underwater she a thot

>A busy matoran is a happy matoran

Jesus christ YES

Would any of you anons be interested in an original story inspired by Bionicle?

Yes, please

I founded the page you referenced. Yeah I agree there should be more random world crossover to see how heroes interact with each other like in old Marvel and DC ones.

Not that guy but I think I remember an interview with the guy who was working on the backbone for the main story (Not the Greg guy) and basically just some time before starting his work he was diagnosed with early stage of cancer (as in the kind that you can fix with enough time and medicine), so as he was working on the idea for project he was taking those pills from doctor and when he was just loiter around he was amusing himself with idea that each pill was a warrior fighting the evil forces inside his body, and that given him the idea for Toa Mata and Makuta story.

What was you favourite part of the lore, Sup Forums?

Metru Nui archives were the most interesting part from all of the Bionicle books. Read it twice and always gave me the chills.

I got a soft spot for the classic years, with the comfy island setting and exploration aspect, but I loved the introduction to Metru Nui too. Not that I'm blinded by nostalgia or anything, I realize those parts of the lore had plenty of problems, but I'm more attracted to the more positive, colorful and mysterious setting than the bland darkness of the later sagas. The way MNOG and the promo CDs presented both islands, nothing ever topped that welcoming yet also eerie atmosphere for me.

If you wanna sell toys bad enough, you'll come up with some shit.

>potatu
It's Pohatu. Wish I could unsee this

There's definitely a certain comfy to the story of six heroes awakening to face some mysterious evil on an island.

It doesn't help that near the end there the toa went the way of the 40k space marines. Introduced as the baddest motherfuckers around, then it turns out that there's these folk that make the toa look like matoran, then there's these other guys that make those guys look like matoran etc etc. also, toa mata had the the best designs. hands down.