What is his best story? What is his worst?

What is his best story? What is his worst?

The Invisibles
New X-Men run

Best: Zoids
Worst: Animal Man

Best: The Invisibles
Worst: We3

Don't get me wrong, I haven't read a Grant Morrison comic I didn't love, but We3 just didn't do anything for me.

CL 2017
World Cup 2006

Best - All Star Superman
Worst - His Bat Epic

Seven Soldiers
Klaus, Vimanarama, Klaus, Kill Your Boyfriend

The Return of Bruce Wayne
Klaus

>but We3 just didn't do anything for me.

You heartless monster.

He writes the same story always so...

We3 was interesting; not sure I would call it his worst because I don't think it's bad - I just think it's not for me.

Even as a very visual person, which is why comics still appeal to me, the lack of text is just too extensive. It's probably a story that would make an excellent book.

>Seven Soldiers

DC needs to do more with some of the ideas here. There's a lot better ideas about magic here than such a YA concept/title as 'Mystic U.'

Where does Zenith rank?

>disliking klaus

fucking hell

Best: All-Star Superman
Worst: Nameless

Animal Man is sublime

His best Story is him talking about Trumps use of Meme magic.

>Then, after a little bit of kissing about, I’ll lightly brush my hands across the DC Universe’s nipples. And if it gives any sort of pleased reaction—which I expect it will, because I think sixty years of life without any action will have made the DC Universe a randy little thing—then I’ll rub my hands back and forth across its nipples, exciting it.
>And then later, I’ll have the DC Universe naked and in my bed, and I’ll put on this very special mix tape I’ve already made for the DC Universe. A little bit of trip-hop, a little bit of house, but also this absolutely brilliant Sade song…
>And then, I’ll be rogering the DC Universe something fierce, and it’ll say, “Oooo, Grant, no comic book writer has ever made me feel this way,” and I’ll say, “It’s because I’m also a reasonably competent artist, and also I have a tongue stud,” and the DC Universe will start bucking involuntarily against me, and moaning, “Brave and The Bold me, Grant, Brave and the Bold me.” And then I’ll reach into my bedstand and pull out the Talking Hulk Hands…

I love Batman #683. Least favorite Morrison story would have to be his Action Comics run.

All-Star Superman
Arkham Asylum

Best: I can't pick between ASS, Animal Man & Pax Americana. I like them all for different reasons

Worst: Kill Your Boyfriend. It wasn't terrible, and I could appreciate what he was trying to do, but it wasn't especially well executed

What's the worst thing Grant Morrison has ever done ?
For me it was ruining the Mad Hatter.

>batman
>worst run

PLEB DETECTED

We3 is really just a comic for Frank Quitely to show of

Best - Doom Patrol
Worst - Joe the Barbarian

His worst story was being played by Eisenberg in BvS

>best
404 not found

>worst
Everything he's ever written and will ever write in the future.

>SECOND COMING (1982)
Pitch sent to DC by a 22-year old Morrison as part of DC's New Talent Search. A New Gods revival co-starring the satellite-era JLA, the pitch likely drew more on the 1980 JLA team-up that brought them firmly into the DC Universe and Gerry Conway's Return of the New Gods revival. According to Morrison himself a large part of the Fourth World aspect of the JLA 'Rock Of Ages' storyline, including the conclusion where Darkseid is killed by the Atom and Green Arrow, is based on Second Coming.

>THE PHANTOM STRANGER (1988)
Turtleneck-wearing, occult crime-fighting in the swinging mod sixties. One of a number of proposals Morrison presented to Karen Berger in his first meeting with DC during their UK talent search in 1988. Though his pitches for Animal Man and Arkham Asylum were both commisioned, Morrison's Phantom Stranger - along with another proposal for the character by Neil Gaiman - was flatly rejected
Morrison would try again alongside Mark Millar in the mid nineties. An anonymous user posted in the Comic Book Resources forums, “Mark Millar and Grant Morrison once pitched a book where the Phantom Stranger was sort of a cool '60s dad who was charged with watching powerful children in a sitcom-ish way. It was immediately shot down, but The Phantom Uncle probably would have been a great name for it.". Art would have been provided by Morrison's Filth collaborator Chris Weston.
"I think it was to Stuart Moore. Our take was to do it as a James Coburn/Our Man Flint pastiche. Opening shot: a grinning Phantom Stranger and gal-pals zooming down the Pacific Highway in an open top sports car. I'm not sure our pitch went beyond that one line and a few drawings (which I can't find). Can't recall any plot."

Superman Beyond 3D is still my favorite

I love Morrison's Superman, but he should be kept away from Gotham via restraining order if necessary.

>MOD-GORILLA BOSS OF CENTRAL CITY (1988)
A very DC go-go check foe from the original Animal Man run in Strange Adventures (#201), the Mod Gorilla Boss was a gorilla-gangster, decked out in the finest fashions of Carnaby Street. Despite his proclamation of being the ‘real deal’ on the cover of his one and only appearance, the money-mad Gorilla was actually a criminal scientist injecting himself with a gorilla transformation serum

I think it's tie between Multiversity and Invisibles, for best.

I wasn't crazy about wonder woman earth one.

>DOOM PATROL (1990)
Morrison also mentioned numerous times in interviews that he was keen to write the "last" Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man tale, though sadly that most bizarre of the original Doom Patrol's rogues gallery never appeared in Morrison's run.

>THE WHIP (1993)
"The King Mob character was based on... DC had an old character called The Whip from the '40s. No one had ever touched it; I found it and thought that was great, I can do this real kind of S&M superhero. The Whip is basically King Mob. The original designs for that, I just had this character who was bald and based on the fetish stuff at the time, which again was established in the underground and magazines like Skin Two."

>BOY COMMANDOES (1993)
A revival of Simon & Kirby's classic juvenile-delinquents-in-WW2 series. Morrison's proposal was inspired by a dream of finding a book entitled The Psychic Boy Scouts Handbook. This surreal Burroughs-ian metasexual time-travel caper also dates from just after the conclusion of Doom Patrol. The central conceit of a conspiracy-baiting group of sexy young protagonists became, like Morrison's Whip proposal from the same period, an integral part of The Invisibles.

>best
Doom Patrol or Pax Americana

>worst
Kill Your Boyfriend

Best: New X-Men
Worst: Nameless

>best
Animal Man, JLA, Invisibles
>Worst
The Filth

>Least favorite Morrison story would have to be his Action Comics run

Go back to your 5th Dimension Prison, Vyndktvx