How did the Simpsons/South Park know this would happen? Was it something that was just set in stone...

How did the Simpsons/South Park know this would happen? Was it something that was just set in stone? also i hope this isnt too Sup Forums

fucking dicknald drumpflet

he's talked about running for president for at leas 20 years. He came very close in 2000 in particular.

South Park rather famously DIDN'T know it would happen. They totally fucked things up last season assuming Trump wouldn't win.

As for the Simpsons, you have to realize that they started in 1989, and the 80s were when Trump burst onto the national scene. And he burst on fully formed, too, like he was Athena erupting from the head of Zeus. The Trump we see in the White House right the fuck now is almost identical to the Trump who was getting plastered all over Page Six of the New York Post back in the 80s. So you can imagine that The Simpsons would have looked at him as a target-rich environment, so to speak. They have literally been making fun of Trump for decades. And, as says, Trump has talked about running for president for ages, so it's only natural that the show has done multiple President Trump jokes.

>They totally fucked things up last season assuming Trump wouldn't win.
you mean they already produced a season where Garrison didnt win? Id imagine a change would be comparably easier for them since they dont need to draw anything...i think

They only positive thing I can say about him is that he's always had the best PR people.

Trump had already expressed interest in being president for some time, I think he mentioned it in his book

He's talked about doing it in the 80s
No surprise to joke about it seeing as he's always been a bit of a ridiculous NYC figure
And as we know everything in NYC gets overblown. Derek jeter and eli manning were both shitty but because they play in New York the entire country knows about them and some people actually think they were good

i see 80's but this episode was a season 11

IIRC he didn't even get the nomination
>South Park really fucked this up
Or they could've just ran the show as if Hillary won because it's a cartoon

Trump also floated running all throughout the 90s and more seriously with the reform party in 2000
It's just a funny joke
Like all the jokes about zucc controlling the world
Which will happen ina decade or two

They were feeling high and mighty because their Obama episode made news headlines for airing the day Obama won the election. They figured they were going to get a repeat with Hilary because Trump was showing a 15% chance of winning the election.

Hell, I think Micheal Moore, of all people, was the only person with any media presence to accurately call the result of every state. He warned everyone that they didn't know how to poll in Michigan.

It's cause he's actually from flint and all his family and friends from his home we're union factory workers

>Like all the jokes about zucc controlling the world
>Which will happen ina decade or two
>TFW if you have a negative veiw about feminism or liberalism your account will be deleted and death squads will come and kill you
I fucking hate cuckerburg

>the fauz pas happen during Pinkie's shifts at the wheel
>Brain developed the strategy on winning trough populism
This makes too much sense.

>Micheal Moore, of all people, was the only person with any media presence to accurately call the result of every state.

Scott Adams too, I was following his blog posts and he was calling it a year in advance. Last summer I met black americans in Paris who said they were voting for Trump - that's when I knew he would win.

Wasn't there an episode of PATB where Pinky becomes president

>It's cause he's actually from flint and all his family and friends from his home we're union factory workers
This.
I'm in North Carolina and the textile industry got it's ass whipped by NAFTA just like everybody else. I was trying to explain to my sister out in California what the vibe was like and she just couldn't believe me.

except both those guys areactually good, idiot. Derek Jeter won 5 world series and Eli won two super bowls.

It was a joke. Because haha, Trump was president, that could never happen! So funny.

>Even on the brink of nuclear war, trumpfags will still defend him

They make episodes 7 days before they air

They also joked that Schwarzenegger would be president

It's Korea

I'd rather Schwarzenegger at this point, at least we'd know how he governs.

Yes but that was during Clinton's period so anything was better

>hey totally fucked things up last season assuming Trump wouldn't win.
South park heavily relies on the media. It's not thier fault CNN lied straight to the viewers face about poll results

There is a sexual harassment somewhere in your post but I can't find it.

Like the previous season, which was about ads gentrifying reality, they tried to set up this season as the folly of nostalgic values. This is speculation, but I fully believe Garrison was meant to lose, understand you cant cling to the unrealistic and happily go back to being a teacher.

It makes sense if you consider PC Principal coming in as a similar shift in the overall narrative -- a tendency to be cleaner, progressive against Garrison's ridicule presidential campaign.

And then Trump won.

Well that was never possible, given he is an immigrant

> bully little kimmy
> nuclear war
You probably think north korea has mechs.

>grab 'em by the pussy NARF

He was talking about actual cats

Jeter is a first ballot HoF'er and you'd be an idiot to deny it. Eli luckballed his way to two Owls and rode a good defense but he played passably in both games and saved one with his legs.

Underrated.

>Which will happen ina decade or two

It already has happened.

Out of curiosity, what is the vibe actually like?

He kept saying "if the country gets bad enough I might have to step in and become president." The country got bad enough.

>Brink
>Korea

If China thought he'd start flinging nukes then they'd step in.

He got his bluffed called and he blinked.

Just had to change the rules of the universe tap into the ancient Egyptian Chaos God.

>on the brink of nuclear war
There is enough to shit talk about Trump without needing to make shit up.

If that were the case, you'd think he would have taken the time to prepare and learn the job a bit better before just diving in.