LOOK AT THE SHOCKER

youtube.com/watch?v=b1VUdqmPvXI
Apparently peter's school is loaded with weaponized dangerous asshole kids

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_jTbG_WySFo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why does he have Lisa Simpson's hair?

2/10 would not follow to the ends of the Earth.

The villains mostly being kids shows how little thought is put into the show

Bring back Spectacular

>weaponized dangerous asshole kids

Terrorists?

Maybe the show is set in a KND style marvel universe?

And I though USM's version of the Rhino was bad. Fuck this show.

Is it just me or is the animation on this series really bad.

Like, shockingly so. It looks so cheap.

>Like, shockingly so

>Shocker
>everything about this show

The initial USM Rhino episode is the only goat episode in USM because the villain feels like a character with understandable motives and development. They, of course, shit on that later when Rhino's evil again with literally no explanation.

WAH WHY ISN'T THIS JUST LIKE MY COMICS

If your interpretation differs from the source material, it should have some value of its own, which this thing lacks.

>Clayton
fuck off Slott

They go back to his original characterization in Season 3.

Oh? What happened in the rest of the episode since you've clearly watched it already?

nobody said anything about the comics lol

That voice acting and dialogue is so bad.

So is this going to be Iron Man Armored Adventures/X-Men Evolution for Spider-Man?

Everyone is a teen version in highschool?

>Teenage Black Cat

Gees, this is almost as bad as making Doc Occ younger age and an instructor there.

I was talking about the series, from which I've seen the first two episodes.
>shitty animation
>bland characters
>uninspired designs
>generic themes that barely even align with what's going on in the actual episodes
Yeah, seems pretty worthless.

Hopefully he doesn't have one with an actual gun.

>different is always good

More like
>Why does this look terrible?

Sandman, Jackal, and Kraven are adults.

>Peter just fucking standing still for a full minute for no reason.
>Just sort of teleports on to a wall because jumping is hard to draw.
>He keeps narrating what's going to happen like this is Speed Racer.
>Doesn't use his powers effectively or cleverly, is slow because the writers are lazy hacks.

He could have
>grabbed Shocker
>grabbed nerd 2
>webbed the hand of the man about to hit the alarm
>webbed shocker and nerd 2 together
or any other combination of actions that would require some form of choreography or clever writing. Instead he just stands there. For a minute. Narrating.

Like fuck, could they even pretend to try?

At first I was disappointed that best girl would probably not show up. Now I'm pretty glad she's probably avoiding all this nonsense.

Any hope of this getting cancelled after one season?

No. second season is already confirmed

It would be too confusing for kids if he did that. Only one person can perform an action at a time.

>people are paid to make this shit

where did all the talent go?

I know you're shitposting, but I know the people in charge of the show actually think that and it pisses me off. Even Stan's monologues were overlaid on Peter DOING things.

Meanwhile, a decade ago

youtu.be/_jTbG_WySFo

>a decade ago
Oh God

>school is loaded with weaponized dangerous asshole kids
is not the common thing in US public schools?

THAT'S TOO SCARY

what were they thinking?!

Christ, this is embarassing.

Regular schools have guns and knives and shit. It makes sense that an American super science school would have super weapons.

Between Shocker and Clash, Harry making bombs, Otto Octavius being a young teacher, etc. prepare for weekly beta uprisings.

Oh my god this is fucking iron man armored adventures all over again

>The Mandarin
>Mad Thinker and her Awesome Android
>Rhodey, Happy, and Pepper
Who else was at the school? I remember most everyone he fought being adults or at least young like Black Panther

>Gwen Stacy thinking faster than motherfucking Spider-man

Holy shit

Except Armored Adventures had better writing, a proper style and a kickass theme song?

seems like they made the villains kids as well, so kids can relate to the villains better as well as spidey. since it's a kids show.

You forgot Madame Masque. Also, Justin Hammer is younger than usual, but he was a young adult instead of a teen.

But yeah, a lot of the villains (Obadiah Stane, Doctor Doom, Blizzard, Controller, Living Laser, etc.) were adults, as well as Bruce Banner/Hulk.

What about after the second one? Maybe if we're lucky a cliffhanger just to fuck with the idiots who like it?

damn you satan

>Marvel cartoon that isn't SSM or Avengers: EMH
>Good

Then again Marvel brought it upon themselves back in the early 90s when they chose those idiots at Saban to make their cartoons.

>shit opinions
>2017
you poor thing

>make Spider-Man a useless teen
>have an anime influenced art style
>don't give him an adult female villain to tease him and make a man out of him
Why are they thinking?

they aren't user, they aren't
>tfw no older qt goth villain

They didn't get hired because they're pulling the "it's Spider-Man, it doesn't have to be good." Name alone will make them easy money, why add effort?

>TFW Spidey's VA on this piece of shit is the second VA to voice both Spidey, and Tuxedo Mask after Rino Romano.

No offense to the guy. He's a great VA when he's in non-shit projects, like psuedo-Adachi in Persona 5.

Friendly reminder that Spectacular Peter's first kiss was a hot older woman.

So calling it, this will get cancelled and forgotten in one or two season. Because Disney won't tolerate Slott's bullshit as much as Marvel does.

Don't you remember Gwen was his first and perfect love uwu

Robbie was a great choice for Spidey, too bad he's stuck with such a mediocre project.

>this mediocre crap is praised to high heaven
>today's mediocre crap isn't despite being the same quality
Really made me think

Yeah, she so smart, clever and brave. Mary-Jane Watson who dat?

I don't mind civilians helping out here and there, but it's annoying doing it all the time, especially when they're going to become superheroes anyway.

>the same quality
Shit m8, I didn't notice how Spec Peter literally did nothing but stand in place when the villain was around, my b.

Not even worth a (you)

>writing can only be bad in one way

I'm seeing this show have many of the problems Spectacular did, I don't understand why that shit is praised so much

Name some of them

There's just so much potential being wasted here. And that will be this show's greatest crime.

Why does he look like fucking Naruto?

To be fair, his school is HORIZON HIGH. A Super school for super geniuses.

Yeah, that's what I thought you fucking nigger

>Spectacular
>mediocre

Why haven't the police just shot these kids yet like seriously

that's clash, not shocker

>that's Clash
literally who?

>the realization that Flash Thompson was the only thing keeping Peter and the other kids from going postal on Midtown High.

He's Slott's donut steel who is notShocker because he uses sound or some shit.

what's the fucking difference?

Am i correct in assuming Clash is a shit character?

You'd be correct.
not much, he's more like a palate swap of Shocker because he uses his gadgets the exact same way.

I'm just going to list the problems with Spectacular Spider-Man instead. This show has two episodes, they could easily not repeat Spectacular's problems.

>forced boring relationship dramatist drags the show
>side characters get little to no development past basic personalities
>if a side character does get a story it's not so much about them as it is how their story effects Peter
>Sandman being in most episodes, not being developed at all, turned into Sandman, and then we should care when gets development only for him to die the same episode like we had received a big emotional character arc
>the obvious as fuck Norman Osborn fake out with the dumbest red herring and reveal
>Peter being selfish and kind of a dick at times making him completely unlikable
>Keaton's slow clearly line-reading delivery
>awful character designs
>cringe episodes near the end where the plot revolves around the school play or Flash's party
It's mediocre at best.

To elaborate:
Clash is a home schooled super smart genius who was winning all the awards and stuff. He also was the one who started off Peter's showbiz career because he uploaded a youtube video of his fight with Crusher Hogan.
He then wants to be popular like Spidey so he becomes Clash and pays Spider-Man to show up.
Spidey does and Clash says he wants to upload a video of himself kicking Spidey's ass so he can be popular. Spider-Man says fuck that and webs him up and leaves. Clash gets salty and becomes a villain.

That's Clash.

That sounds fucking terrible.

>>forced boring relationship dramatist drags the show
You mean like Spider-Man has always had in all mediums? What exactly are you referring to?
>side characters get little to no development past basic personalities
Fuck off m8. Gwen, Harry, Eddy, Flash, Liz, and others were all perfectly characterized. I don't know what the fuck you're on.
>if a side character does get a story it's not so much about them as it is how their story effects Peter
What the fuck? He's the main fucking character.
>Sandman being in most episodes, not being developed at all, turned into Sandman, and then we should care when gets development only for him to die the same episode like we had received a big emotional character arc
What the fuck is your idea of "Development"? All the characters you've mentioned so far have had awesome development in the show. I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
>the obvious as fuck Norman Osborn fake out with the dumbest red herring and reveal
Oh come on, that was set up perfectly. You had no fucking clue it was Norman instead of Harry at that point.
>Peter being selfish and kind of a dick at times making him completely unlikable
You don't read comics. Pete IS sometimes selfish, he makes many of his own problems. He's also not "completely unlikable", just because he's flawed.
I guess you like the super high and quirky Drake Bell voice then right?
>awful character designs
Holy shit fuck you
>cringe episodes near the end where the plot revolves around the school play or Flash's party
The Shakespeare episodes were tied in spectacularly with the main plot. I honestly have no fucking clue what you're problem is, I think you're just embarrassed to like superhero cartoons.

He's a Slott character after all.

That's Dan Slott. And that was one of Slott's better Spider-Stories.

Wait so Slott literally REWROTE a part of the spider-man mythos just to shove his OC in and make him important? What the fuck

have you ever heard of Silk?

Yes. Peter wouldn't have gone into showbiz if clash hadn't put a video of him on youtube. It's why clash gets so salty, because HE started Spidey's career.

Rhino will probably remain worse, they could have made that kid something else but not a giant damn rhino

Shocker is just a kid with a little villain equiptment

Are you the same guy who thought high schoolers should sound like they inhaled helium?

episode 1 was shit

I've seen commercials for future episodes. This show is having a mutated man for Rhino again.

>saves people
>oh he must be the competition

No he just doesnt want people kille because you were being a jackass

What? No, who the fuck's balls didn't drop?

>if it's shit in one medium it's fine if it's shit in another
No
>basic personalities with little to no goals, fears, or achievements are good characters
No
>everything needs to revolve around the main character, even a side character's plot
No
>cramming in development suddenly so you can kill a character is good
They had plenty of episodes to develop Flint, they chose to keep him his unchanging criminal self. Then, suddenly, he has another side to him just on time for him to die. That's shit writing trying to force emotions for a character you've barely cared for up until that point.
>Norman obviously being Goblin was good despite the hoops they had to jump through to pull it off
No
>Peter being an uncharasmatic douche is likable
No
>Drake Bell
Sucked dick, but he was more on the right track. I wish Tom Holland could just be Spider-Man in everything.
>stop disliking what I like
No
>pretentiousness is cool
No. Also my favorite superhero cartoon cartoon is STAS

>>if it's shit in one medium it's fine if it's shit in another
It's literally a staple of the comic books you moron. Peter Parker getting into trouble because of Spider-Man has been a thing since the earliest issues. It's part of why people like him and why he's considered such a relatable character in the Marvel universe.
>basic personalities with little to no goals, fears, or achievements are good characters
>Harry pressured by his Dad devolves into a nervous drug-addicted wreck. Has a gf who cares for him a little but he obviously only keeps around because he feels pressured to have one. Uses guilt over his Father's death to keep her around, showing that he's inadvertantly learned how to be cunning and ruthless.
And that was one character. I can do them all if you like.
>everything needs to revolve around the main character, even a side character's plot
More like, "Everything has to CONNECT to the main character". The Captain Jupiter Episode and the Magma Man episode were prime examples of this. Pete was in it, but the focus was shared by Liz and JJJ. I don't know why you think he dominates their plots when it's obvious he doesn't.
They had plenty of episodes to develop Flint, they chose to keep him his unchanging criminal self. >Then, suddenly, he has another side to him just on time for him to die. That's shit writing trying to force emotions for a character you've barely cared for up until that point.
Because the only other times we saw Flint in that were when he was a criminal. Did you expect him to suddenly revert or show humanity in the middle of a fight scene? Are you mad whenever a villain in Superman has an episode that humanizes them compared to their earlier ones?
>Norman obviously being Goblin was good despite the hoops they had to jump through to pull it off
What hoops are you referring to? And no, it wasn't obvious. As I said before, there was no way you knew it was Norman in the suit when Harry was shown in it.
1/2

That feels like a mistake of setting for Spider-Man. Peter himself is smart, but part of the appeal of the character is that the world he inhabits isn't that of the Avengers or Fantastic Four. He's close to the ground, his background is that of an everyman even if his abilities are spectacular.

>Sucked dick, but he was more on the right track.
Holy shit fuck off. He was the worst Spider-Man voice actor in the last 10 years.
>stop disliking what I like
Okay fag, show me a character design from the show and tell me what's wrong with it. If you can convince me that ONE, ONE character is badly designed i'll concede this point. Until then this criticism is fucking vague and at odds with what every fucking person thinks about the show.
>pretentiousness is cool
Literally the first time someone has used this argument in the entire conversation. How the FUCK is this show pretentious? Do you even know what that fucking word means?
>No. Also my favorite superhro cartoon is STAS
Superman the animated Series or Spiderman the animated series? If the first one I can definitely see it, if the second then you are a fucking nostalgiatard.

This user is asking the real questions

>They had plenty of episodes to develop Flint, they chose to keep him his unchanging criminal self. Then, suddenly, he has another side to him just on time for him to die. That's shit writing trying to force emotions for a character you've barely cared for up until that point.

They did hint at it before that Flint Marko didn't care about revenge and was always only about the profit. He even said that "revenge is for chumps".

Also, he didn't even die. At least pretend like you watched the show you're shitposting about.

The question is if her proportions are downgraded, kept relative, or remain adult-sized.