Why do we hate this season again?

Why do we hate this season again?

>mostly shit characters (Ella and Topher were the only really good ones, I guess Max, Scarlett and Jasmine were inoffensive. All others were tropes that don't exist, vanilla af or genuinely irritating like Sugar and Rodney)
>overtly psychotic host, moreso then ever before when he unironically was willing and able to let all of the contestants die
>overtly absurd setting (robot island? Robot animals and robot Chris'? Is this Total Drama or Rick and Morty?)
Well that's all I have. It's still my least favourite season.

Because Owen isn't there

Owen and his fart jokes have gotten a little stale.

It's a decent season, but most of the character were too boring like Skye, Dave, and Jasmine. Too irritating and annoying like Leonard and especially Sugar. Unlikable like Amy and Sugar again. Wasted potential like Scarlet and the Twins. Or are gimmicks and jokes just overstayed their welcome like Shawn and Sugar yet again. The best characters were Max and Ella. And the worst easily was Sugar.

Also Chris got way too evil and sadistic who openly likes hurting people instead of being just a dickish jerk who likes to screw around with their heads, which have been a problem ever since Revenge of the Island.

Max was a gimmick too IMO. He could've been an actual character instead of a cringey trope had he reeled from getting BTFO by Scarlett and had a character shift, but they of course dropped him right when he could've gotten good.
Shame, really.

Scralet has a total wasted potential.

No one said Survival of the fittest to Leonard

>Most characters are one note gimmicks. >The useless characters (Amy, Sugar, Leonard) overstay their welcome, while the useful characters/the one with a lot of potential (Sammy, Ella, Beardo) get kicked off early.
>Scarlett is underused as a villain. She's forced to spend most of her time with Max, then she gets booted off in the very same episode that they decided to use her.
>Chris seems to be deliberately trying to kill the contestants.

The real question is why do we hate this season again?
I thought it was mediocre, not particularly good but there's people who unironically think it's worse than PI. Why?

>Mal being obviously evil yet somehow no one sees him doing anything
>Sam was pointless. Should have had Brick or Dawn.
>The stupid Duncan/Courtney/Gwen love triangle
>Mike and Zoey

Because the series died for me with World Tour.

I agree with all of these yet they felt inoccuous in comparison to the dumpster fire that was PI.
At least in my opinion

>he never watched the objectively second-best season that was the Ridonculous Race

The wastedest

She was probably the character with potential to have most development, being a smart and immoral girl who tries to hide her true self but becomes frustrated by lack of appreciation, instead we got this.

Also her original design is cute, she didn't need to ditch it.

Her potential could have been reached if they had just gotten rid of Max

Nah, her pairing with Max was what kept her going. Too bad they decided to do a complete derail instead of development.

I Never shipped Scarlett and Max. Just don't see it working at all.

Was too short. Would have been better if there were more campers, thus giving us more episodes.

You aren't supposed to ship them. He was meant to anger her.

Too fast paced and too many flat characters. They just let the shtick take over the character instead of it being a small part of them and letting them act like teens.

I liked Shawn for sexual reasons, he's my type. Him being next to tall Jasmine all the time enhanced his cuteness.

I feel like she's probably gonna dump him as soon as she realizes he isn't joking about the zombies
But yeah, the biggest issue was the pacing, they had so little time to give anyone something resembling develpment that everyone got watered down

Shawn didn't deserve Jasmine.

Gwen and courtney breaking their friendship for a bullshit reason after so many episodes where gwen tried to win her back. Doesnt help that gwen suddenly stopped caring for her when she got eliminated.

Annoying gag characters
Sadistic host
Predictable ending
Sugar making it far

Thank god they got their shit together after that season

Did anyone else notice Chris hiding behind a newspaper on RR? Will he be back for the new season?

The love triangle which was already done 2 seasons ago. Also Mal being the dumbest and predictable baddy.

Would you guys it was worse than this?

I know I'm in the SUPER minority but I loved Sugar. She wasn't scheming like heather or Alejandro. She was just sorta gross, misguided and cute. The way she whole heartedly believed in wizards and had a very simple minded way of looking at the world was cute.

Ok. And because she's Thicc.

I think that towards the end of the season she realizes that he's not kidding about Zombies but doesn't care because she likes him so much.

I wanted to drop All Stars as soon as they made Lindsay dumber than she already was. If you want max flanderization, this season is full of it.

I would say All Stars was the worst season out of all of them.

GOD I wish they'd Just kept her being subtly smart and vindictive than being just an out and out VILLAIN. She was super fun when she was just playing the Smarter more compotent sidekick. But when she went FULL villain I stopped enjoying her.

Not only that but it cemented that she's NEVER coming back and that sucks.

I just hate All Stars for what they did to Duncan. Poor guy's gonna get F'd in the A.

Well, it's completely subjective so I can't say you're wrong.
but you ARE wrong

Yes, at least All Stars had Scott carrying it.

I hope that Ella and the twins will return. Come on, they have re-used Leonard, of all the people, in RR.

It's a Canadian prison, he'll get hugged inappropriately at best.

Canadian prison is awesome, just ask the Trailer Park Boys.
Crossover when?

>it's a TD thread
Well I guess I better post the "pick your waifu Sup Forums" pic

Original Flavour Scarlett. Ella. Beth. Lindsay. And team geniuses.

Like always I take Bridgette or Crimson

Mike ruined the whole season, without him and Zoey, the season could have been decent instead of the worst season of the whole TD series.

Izzy, LeShawna, Beth, Sierra, Sugar, Scarlet, Jasmine,Crimson, Both nerds,Sanders and McArther (ideally at the same time) and Stephanie

I've got shit taste I know.

>Stephanie
>Sugar

Sugar's thicc (mentally and physically) and Stephanie's fiesty.

Bane?

Is there a new season coming out?

who's the semen demon goth at the bottom left?...

Why didn't they use Dawn in All Stars? She would have been a much better choice than Zoey?

>tropes that don't exist

What do you mean?

Anyone notice that with each following season Chris' challenges get more and more physically painful? Like he trying to kill the contestants?

Yes

>Also Chris got way too evil and sadistic who openly likes hurting people instead of being just a dickish jerk who likes to screw around with their heads, which have been a problem ever since Revenge of the Island.
yeah it's kinda awkward when you compare him to his Island self, who actually showed concern for the cast occasionally(if mostly for legal reasons)

as always Eva's my top pick

>the character who only appeared one season is your favorite
why

She appeared in 2, didn't she?

She was a "reporter" for like one episode in WT I believe.

i still feel bad over ezekiel

she's my favorite aesthetically(followed by Lindsay and Anne Maria), although I do feel she does have a lot of untapped potential if she were to come back for a future season

I hope the new season redeems the last 3 shitty ones

Why did the writers annihilate him anyway?

>3
All-Stars and Pahkitew Island were defined as a single season I do believe.
Unless you're implying that Ridonculous Race is one of those shit seasons, in which case you'd be wrong.

Lindsay of course.
Followed closely by Crimson

Crimson. The whole bottom row is from ridonculous race

he's a leaf

They had nothing to do with him so they thought of going to the extreme.
Sadly,it was the wrong extreme

Leshawna for lyfe

They're all leaves

Gwen, Lindsey, Crimson, and Kitty are best tier desu
Zoey, Courtney, Heather, Bridgette, Emma, Carrie, and Taylor are 2nd best tier

Also Skye cause Im a degenerate who has a female burping fetish

Do you think the show would be better if the next season they bring new characters,old characters or both?
If you want both,how many new ones and how many old ones?

New characters, but well done new characters that don't feel like one note gimmicks or lazy retreads of earlier characters. Basically what RR did.

Mix suitable RR characters with those underutilized from other seasons (both original cast and ROTI and PI cast), then throw in some universally-loved characters.

60% old
40% new
I want ezekiel to come back and end as one of the final four

MacArthur

Perfection.

I think a mix of both would be nice

Jasmine, Alejandro, and Anne Maria come to mind as non leaves on the show

Who was the best RR team and why was it Father/Son?
Honourable mentions:
>Sisters
>Surfers
>Cadets
>Ice Dancers
>Goths

>WAY WAY BACK IN THE 1980'S

We already have way too many characters, they should develop the characters they already have.

Sanders > MacArthur tbqh famalamadingdong
MacArthur is great but her jokes get overdone by the end, whereas Sanders has a nice subtle humour consistently

Sanders is underrated

Everyone was too busy paying attention to MacArthurs' quips, that they didn't realize they worked so well because she was constantly bouncing them off of Sanders, who is hilarious in her own right.

bump

It's one of my favorites, but I can see why people might not like it

No, you don't get it, they made an actual rape joke in the bonus scene where they showed Duncan in prison, it's definitely gonna happen

Chevy Chase and Justin Bieber was the best team by far. The sisters and the goths were close seconds.

The fashion bloggers were such wasted potential

Sky is the worst girl. Why not like someone cute, like Sugar?

This. She was a perfect partner for MacArthur

Because she's not cute. Neither is Sky, but Sugar is literally teenage Honey Boo Boo.

Kitty
Also bump

I'd say ella, beth, or lindsay, they're just too sweet to turn down

I liked it a ton
Shawn/Jasmine OTP

Kinda wanna update this though, been more into Carrie lately than before.

I'm actually kinda amazed that there's a chubby Total Drama girl that's in the bottom tier for you Dustin

>Katie, Sadie and Sugar at the top

Sam, Lightning, Jo, Lindsay, and Sierra were shafted super fast because they didn't play into the main two storylines (love triangle bullshit and Mal bullshit), and the rest were just pawns for those two awful storylines. Not to mention a lot of characters were reduced to one-word cardboard cutouts of what they used to be.

To be fair, I thought Sugar was pretty entertaining most episodes, so I can agree with him there.