The 80s had some of the greatest cartoon ever made by mankind: Transformers G1, G.I.Joe, Jem...

The 80s had some of the greatest cartoon ever made by mankind: Transformers G1, G.I.Joe, Jem, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and many others.

And yet Hollywood cannot manage to create one good film based off these animated masterpieces. Every time they try to adapt the source material they jusy end up literally raping it to death!!!!!!!!!!! They even hire Michael Bay to rape them sometimes!!!!!!!!

Why????!!!!! Wouldn't it make more sense to make GOOD movies and treat the source material better?

Modern Hollywood doesn't know how to adapt them and tries too hard to appeal to wide audiences.

hopefully the mlp movie will be good

Are you seriously implying Alvin and the Chipmunks was ever good?

AND BEFORE YOU ANSWER, remember that wanting to fuck the girl ones is not a legitimate reason.

>Are you seriously implying Alvin and the Chipmunks was ever good?

Well,

>AND BEFORE YOU ANSWER, remember that wanting to fuck the girl ones is not a legitimate reason.

Nevermind.

Mainly because they try to make things more realistic in a live action setting and it's hard to do that with cheesy 80s cartoons. I am mostly upset with G.I. Joe because that should be its own movie franchise like Transformers but they dropped the ball. I mean how hard is it to make a military action movie with ninjas?

First Transformers movie was good.

I blame pandering to millennials

*slaps face*
No it wasn't. Everything after G1 has been shit (except for the comics).

>Everything after G1 has been shit (except for the comics).

nah son, the comics are shit too. you just think they're not because the clever writing makes the characters seem slightly less hollow than they really are.

also
>beast wars was shit
lots of people here will disagree with you. I'd argue BW was better than G1, honestly. the original G1 cartoon was pretty garbage if not for the nostalgia factor.

>greatest cartoon ever made by mankind:
>Transformers G1, G.I.Joe, Jem, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
>greatest cartoons ever made by mankind.

I think a more proper conclusion, is the movies reminding you of how stupid those cartoons really were.

Two nitpicks:
1) All those are modern movies except MOTU
2) MOTU actually was just as good asactually, it was better than the cartoon

>t. Cuck who only watches Steven Universe and Rick & Morty

The 80s was literally the best generation for animation and cartoons. Why do you think pop-culture shows like Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and Simpsons reference them so much hmmmm?

Nostalgia.

Nope, superior taste.

This is bait likely some fat fuck who's name is Andrew or Eric.

It's not bait if it's True.

These properties need to be put into good hands like JJ Abrams or George Miller or James Cameron or Christopher Nolan or Joss Whedon.

Good directors can make good movies out of everything.

>G.I.Joe, Jem, Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
What was actually good about any of these shows?

Beast Wars was much better than G1

>The 80s was literally the best generation for animation and cartoons.

You gotta be brain dead to believe that. The 80s was, more than any other era after it, literally "toy commercial: the era".

>JJ Abrams or George Miller or James Cameron or Christopher Nolan or Joss Whedon.
>Good directors

The writing, the action, the stories,the animation, the characters, the music.

It was all literally perfect.

The 80s was literally the best. It's why everyone keeps talking about it.

Nuff Said.

Most of those shows weren't good, they were toy adverts.

I'll admit that Michael Bay takes Transformers to some truly bizarre places, though.

*raises paw*
first transformers was fine. Its a movie based on an 80s cartoon based on several different japanese toys. It was basically as good as it could be.
the rest were awful though.
Not sure why they dont make good movies though...mostly no one involved cares and thinks its stupid in the first place so they half ass it assuming nostalgia will get people to watch it

They were the best cartoons ever made from the best decade

First Transformers is miles better than G1.
>Every time they try to adapt the source material they jusy end up literally raping it to death!!!!!!!!!!! They even hire Michael Bay to rape them sometimes!!!!!!!!

>Why????!!!!! Wouldn't it make more sense to make GOOD movies and treat the source material better?
I think you'd be better off on Tumblr

See

>JJ Abrams
>Joss Whedon
>good directors

>Everything after G1 has been shit
Geewunners truly are the worst

The 80's was the best decade for film, and probably music. The 90's was best for cartoons.

Thundercats, GI Joe, Transformers G1, etc. don't hold up if you watch them today as an adult. The best 80's cartoon was Real Ghostbusters, and in that case, it was a live action film FIRST.

That's what she said.

I like the new turtles movies, they get a bad rap, probably best movies Bay has ever made in his career

He made the turtles look like hulking black people and literally wanted to make them space aliens.

Bay deserves a bullet through his dick and then his skull.

/thread

it's shit. it gave me a fear of werewolves forever so it's all shit. I remember now, thats the earliest werewolf related thing I can think of. Fuck that movie and fuck those chipmunks

No, that's the 90's grampa. The decade with Batman TAS wins.

>Transformers G1, G.I.Joe, Jem, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Alvin and the Chipmunks, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe

All of these are dogshit toy commercials. The only good thing to come out of Transformers is the old movie with Unicron, and the Masters of the Universe film was far superior to the cartoon.