I wonder woman the only DCEU character that is not a fucking satire of their comic version?

I wonder woman the only DCEU character that is not a fucking satire of their comic version?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
youtube.com/watch?v=TD4PgOeKP3M
youtube.com/watch?v=4teJPCcJSQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ31pQ3EXM
youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

None of them are close to satire, just bad.

>comic WW
>buff
>movie WW
>jew
no

I guess. They played her pretty straight compared to the shitty job they did with Superman and Batman, but that likely has more to do with Jenkins not being a hack like Snyder.

Comics Diana is a way more complicated character than what we got in the movie though. Wonder Woman having a secret ID is always stupid.

I still can't get over how they casted Gadot as Wonder Woman when nearly any other actress would have been better

Based Jenkins went out of her way to stay true to the spirit of the character and made sure that, if nothing else, this was a Wonder Woman movie, not some knock off Xena bullshit.

And now Patty's attached to the sequel, which is how it should be, cause she actually gives a damn.

>Based Jenkins went out of her way to stay true to the spirit of the character
Where the bondage?

She gets tied down with strips of metal by Ares in the final battle, if I recall correctly.

The film isn't a masterpiece but I can't say it doesn't hold true to the spirit of the comics.

>minimal bondage
>Diana uses a sword

Jor-El and Zod?

>Wonder Woman having a secret ID is always stupid.
Eh, it made sense here. They needed to keep a low profile.

>she just walks out onto the street formally holding shield and sword
Again, Patty clearly did her research. Diana is such a fucking dork.

Kal-El was also well done

Kek, no.

Leave it to a woman to get a DC character right... Right guys?

It is telling how we barely discuss this movie anymore unless it is about it making money. It is like all those middle of the road Marvel movies we never talk about.

if she had done her research, there wouldn't have been a shield and sword in the first place

Humans have more fun shitting on things than praising them.

Lmao

Snyder's superman is a lot like Captain America.

We all know he's out of character and we know that eventually he will go back into character.

Snyder's Superman would have been fine as a elseworlds story. That way he can do more extreme shocking things too instead be limited by continuity and building future franchises.

By Captain America I meant secret empire of course. Where the character is changed to forced down a different darker path. (Not as much as Captain America in SE of course but still changed) I think that Snyder could have potentially done a good elseworlds universe for the DCEU if he was given the full control.

Instead as a in-continuity story Snyder's DCEU feels off and weird and too many interpretations of the characters.

That's not her fault. Editorial has been forcing that shit for a while now, presumably at the behest of WB.

Like, I'm absolutely with you that the sword and shield is fucking stupid, but I ain't about to blame Patty for it. Hell this shit was in BvS too.

What the fuck does this meme even fucking mean?
The 7-8 BILLION fucking people Dceu Clark saved in Mos means a fucking shit ton more then 1 emo bitch.
If you think classic pre new 52 or even All Star Superman never got into battles with buildings being damaged. Your a delusional lying fucking retard.
You are scum of the fucking earth misrepresenting everything about the fucking film, burn the fuck in hell

Zod is ntohing like his comic version but that's good, he's a far more complex character in DCEU version.

What I mean is that real Superman isn't a discount Jesus. What I mean is that Superman represents all that's good in humanity, and it comes from his upbringing, he isn't sent to Earth as a savior, he is sent as a baby, a blank slate. What I mean is that unless we are specifically dealing with an elseworld story, Superman would not and should not ever be a mopey bitch, whose psyche depends entirely on muh Lois. What I mean to say is that real Superman would not even spend a fucking attosecond moping and standing amidst fires looking all sad and dramatic, and would immediately rush to save people. What I mean is that Snyder is a hack who never understood the character in the first place.

>implying Superman wouldn't pull a prank on the girl to teach her a lesson about suicide

yeah both are fucking wrong
>Bbbbbbut based Grant
he fucked up on this scene, its okay...the rest of the series was fine (despite the fairly lame ending)

>he fucked up on this scene, its okay
elaborate

>
Superman psyche depends on what a bunch of assholes in metropolis think of him.

How many times does he (choke) get upset when some new superhero shows up and no one wants him anymore?
The "all thats good in humanity" crap is some post-crisis garbage they wrote to give Superman an incredibly boring personality after his excellent golden/silver/bronze age version.

Its fairly out of Superman's character. He's not exactly the most emotionally open guy. Its just Grant making Superman "too perfect" in the comic missing a lot of the interesting personality quirks the guy had in the silver/bronze age.

(not that he would let her jump and kill herself though)

LIke who?

So the sequel is supposed to take place during the Cold War, yeah? I know Taco Whiz was the 90s(it would still fit) but hypothetically, would they do it, or would the execs shoot it down because it's "too silly"?

>What I mean is that Superman represents all that's good in humanity
No he represents humanities potential for good.
That doesn't require him to be flawless, it requires him to grow beyond those flaws & the flaws of the world around him.

A person who overcomes & prevales against horrific odds some of his own nature & accomplishes great things is inherently more inspiring then a mary sue the writers will not allow under any circumstances to look flawed or make mistakes.

>and it comes from his upbringing
And it's a perfectly fucking valid take to show him developing from a well meaning but rightly deeply concerned family rather then blindly niaeve idiots that didn't prepare him for the world.
It's no more invalid a take then Ra's Al Ghul not having Lazarus pits in Nolan's films or the Joker killing Bruce's parents in Burtons.
>What I mean is that unless we are specifically dealing with an elseworld story
All movies are elseworlds.
>whose psyche depends entirely on muh Lois
He didn't surrender to Zod because of Lois, he didn't risk his life with the world engine & he didn't take a nuke to the face for Lois, he did it because it was the right thing to do.
>What I mean is that Snyder is a hack who never understood the character in the first place.
You can understand the character perfectly fine & still want to do a experimental take on him.

>Like who
Someone with some tits, a pretty face and some body tone would be nice

She ties up Steve with her lasso when they first meet and later gets restrained by Ares with tank treads.

>
Dont bother arguing. No one on Sup Forums reads comics or at least older comics. Superman has been shown to be "mopey" fairly often. Heck he hardly smiles pre-crisis except when pulling off an awesome prank on his friends or juggling trucks for some orphanage fund raising.

That's a good sign.
The vast majority of threads on Sup Forums are made to complain. As a group we don't seem to want to talk about stuff to praise it. No threads means the film is at least squeaking by as average rather than being bad.

Oh, it's that dramatic "insanefag" that always shows up to sick Snyder's suck.

>The 7-8 BILLION fucking people Dceu Clark saved in Mos means a fucking shit ton more then 1 emo bitch.
No, it actually doesn't.
The world's too big, user. You gotta make it small.

Honestly I like Wonder Woman using a sword and shield. She's an Amazon warrior, it makes sense that weapons would come into play. Plus in the movie Diana thought the sword was a magical weapon necessary for killing Ares, so naturally she'd be carrying it while hunting down Ares.

As long as swords are treated as secondary to the lasso in her future appearances, I'm fine with it.

Yeah, I've learned to just deal with it. It's when they start to overshadow the Lasso of Truth is when I get pissed off.

Especially since it severely undermines the defense some try to make, that the sword and shield help set her apart from other heroes. Because the magic rope that makes people tell the truth, the bracelets that can block any attack, the boomerang tiara, and the invisible jet plane ain't enough, apparently.

To be fair the number of superheroes that use a sword is exceedingly small as well.

>It is telling how we barely discuss this movie anymore unless it is about it making money. It is like all those middle of the road Marvel movies we never talk about.
If you really believe having threads constantly about people discussing a show for it sucking is somehow desirable, then you have been defending Snyder too long. You want bad publicity, you lose.

>Wonder Woman having a secret ID is always stupid.
That's just for a little while and it makes sense. What is Trevor gonna say? He doesn't even fully understand what the fuck was that island.

Nobody talks about movies everybody likes. It's the shitty ones that keep popping up over and over again.
Without going into company wars, just think about this: which Nolan movie gets more threads made? Batman Begins, The Dark Knight or The Dark Knight Rises.
Besides that, it's been over two months since the movie is out and here we are, still talking about it.

>The 7-8 BILLION fucking people Dceu Clark saved
After doubting whether he should save them or not. He needed to have a fucking priest tell him to fucking do something.

This.

Honestly this shit just shows me that it's pretty much Snyder, as well as WB, that are the problems.

>Comic Wondy
>Buff
Honestly she's mostly drawn to be just toned, she's rarely drawn to be actually muscular

>he did it because it was the right thing to do.
So he went from not even wanting to face Zod and basically hide throughout all his life to being a completely selfless hero that always does the right thing in just a matter of minutes.
This is why MoS and BvS are shit, Snyder tries to have it both ways and they're constantly at odds with each other. He thinks that shoving in a few scenes of him acting like classic Superman (or Batman in BvS) already evens out the fact that we spend 3/4 of the movie with some asshole that didn't do anything heroic. His characters all of a sudden start doing shit because the plot needs them instead of being a natural character progression.

name a name user. play the game.

Redpill me on why people get this mad over fictional characters

>DCEU is only hiring Patty now so the new contract for WW2 is expensive as fuck
>meanwhile even after getting shitty box office and critics bashing DC made a contract with zack snider to make mos,bvs,jl 1 and part 2

LMAO wtf is wrong with warner bros deal makers?

They expected a female led action film to bomb horribly.

people who do this shit are the worst. enough of this "I'm seeing the patterns man, I know the posters." fuck off faggot.

>Oh shit! The director we hired turned out to be competent, and made a commercially successful and critically praised film. And now she wants more money for the sequel. Fuck!
Only in Hollywood can this be considered a problem.

What I really hated was that Clark was ALWAYS just doing what he was told.
Earth Dad tells him to hide, so for his entire adult life he's a drifter who sometimes saves lives and/or destroys livelihoods.
But then Space Dad tells him to be Superman, so he immediately becomes Superman.

They took my biggest grievance with the Donner movie (Jor-El brainwashing Clark for over a decade to become Superman) and stretched it out over the entire movie.

Zack has his own producer and production team. His wife is literally financing his shit.

Zod says Clark has to kill im, so Clark kills him.
Luthor kidnaps his mom, Clark does what Luthor says.
DCEU Clark would probably just stand in a single place unmoving if not for people telling him how to move the story along.

If samefags don't wanna be noticed for samefagging they need to learn to adjust their syntax or stop using the same copypasta arguments and namecalling.
DCEU threads have one specific guy that always brings up muslim genocide and mixes up your and you're and calls people liars. I'm not saying you're that guy, but that guy is really noticeable.

tell me user, seriously. do you think I'm the same user that wrote that post up there? And also tell, what is your definition of samefagging.

Let us all see how delusional or new you really are.

>I wonder woman the only DCEU character that is not a fucking satire of their comic version?

Satire?

Let me see...

>Wonder Woman in comics

Beautiful
Muscle body
Dat ass
Spetacular tits
Made by clay
Thicc as fuck

>Wonder Woman in DCEU

Gal Gadet
Made by Zack Snyder
Ugly
Anorexic
Pancake tits
Negative ass
Can't speak english
Man voice
Man body

This is not a satire?

A real woman for example

>gal gadot
>ugly
youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

>tell me user, seriously. do you think I'm the same user that wrote that post up there?
No.
>And also tell, what is your definition of samefagging.
Responding to yourself in the same thread.
There's no real good term for being a retard that autistically and obsessively recycles his copypasta arguments though, is there?

>Ugly
Fucking underage edgy kids can all fuck off back to cuckddit where you belong

he never wanted to hide, he just didnt know how to present himself to the world. Even before he became Superman he was still saving people and shit, he just knew he couldnt let that be connected to his human identity because of government and shit.

God you're dumb.

Everyone's already seen so much of Superman and Batman that the public keeps complaining about how cliche they think they are, so Snyder comes and makes all these subversions to make them "deep" and "complex".

Wonder Woman barely appeared in anything on her own so nobody knows anything about her.

>I'm gonna use these touched up photos with her wearing a ton of makeup to claim she's hot

He was hiding from Zod when he came looking for him. He didn't want to come out because he didn't trust humans, therefore he was willing to risk the future of all mankind. He needed a priest to tell him what to do.
That's your hero.

Someone post the webm.

he wasnt hiding at all; he didnt know if he should turn himself over or fight Zod. THAT was what he was struggling with. He chose to turn himself over for the greater good but ended up being forced to fight Zod.

God you are so dumb, how do you brush your teeth in the morning?

Superman returns is the real superman, fuck snyder shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TD4PgOeKP3M

Jessica Biel would've been great, only problem is the height

They have nothing else going on in their lives

You mean the creepy stalker and deadbeat dad who got butthurt Lois had a life without him?

She's at least the least troubled major one.

WW was a box office juggernaut and Jenkins only has good will for the confirmed sequel. No reboot fatigue or anything at all.

We'll still have to see how Cavill's Superman does in the next movie(s) whatever they are.

WB is still scrambling to get the DCEU Batuniverse movies lined up and Matt Reeves has Nolan to compete to.

>he didnt know if he should turn himself over or fight Zod. THAT was what he was struggling with.
No, that isn't it at all. Stop making up bullshit to justify these shitty films
youtube.com/watch?v=4teJPCcJSQ0

Will Jet Li play I-Ching?

>So the sequel is supposed to take place during the Cold War, yeah?
No

Like 90% of women in entertainment are ugly under those parameters.

So is Diana the Flash?

>expensive as fuck
Not really, she's just getting paid the same as any other director returning to make a sequel to the successful action movie. The only difference is she's a woman doing a blockbuster of this caliber.

acting

That goes to show you how low the bar was and how sad it is that Snyderman still managed to limbo underneath it.

>The 7-8 BILLION fucking people Dceu Clark saved in Mos
That he endangered by summon the alien invaders in the first place?

You don't get credit for cleaning up your own messes.

Will Apache Chief be in the sequel since he's a demigod?

samefag, you always make the same comment and post the same filename

I feel like this movie was supposed to be after superman returns not an origin movie
>superman being responsible for a disaster(alien invasion)
>fighting enemies more powerful than him
>being forced to break his no kill code

All those things would have deep meaning if he was the well estabilished optimistic version of the classic movies, however is simply confusing to put all those things in a movie about him starting to be superman

oh yeah? Someone post the "MCUck killer"

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=tMZ31pQ3EXM

He also freed Zod and co. from the Phantom Zone in Superman 2. Not to mention killed a powerless Zod, beat up a bullying trucker, and essentially date raped Lois.

MoS was no masterpiece, but I don't know why the Donnor films always get a free pass when there's tons of stupid shit in them too.

I liked Steve and his 3 buddies. And Etta too. It's a shame they're not gonna be featured anymore.
It felt so refreshing to have so many likeable characters in a DC movie after all these years.

>I don't know why the Donnor films always get a free pass when there's tons of stupid shit in them too.
I always give the first two Superman movies a pass because despite all the retarded stuff they have, they feel like a fun superhero movie and Christopher Reeve was great in them.
But despite Burton being kind of a crap director, I think the first two Batman films are much better.

>The 7-8 BILLION fucking people Dceu Clark saved in Mos means a fucking shit ton more then 1 emo bitch.
Every single superhero saves the world in their movie. Thor in The Dark World saved the entire universe. Who gives a shit? It's people you don't see.
Superman, in addition to that, is likeable because he cares enough to try to solve problems that can't be punched away, set and example, bring kittens down from trees, and the like.

>I don't know why the Donnor films always get a free pass when there's tons of stupid shit in them too.
Because they're entertaining, instead of oppresively glum and sad. Just the montage in Superman solving crimes after he saves Lois from her helicopter crash is miles better than anything Snyder made.

Nobody cared about Wonder Woman so there was no "not muh" aspect to it.

This. People's complaints about the DC films are literally what Brave & the Bold made fun of.

youtube.com/watch?v=d6UDEi8H43M

Batman 89, Batman Begins and Raimi's Spider-Man were full of "not muh" elements and there were always fans complaining about them, but they were decent to great movies so common sense prevailed and they're still regarded as valid iterations of the characters, because regardless of the changes, they still felt like Batman and Spider-Man doing Batman and Spider-Man stuff.
The biggest problem with the Snyder film is that they're not very well made so there's not much to counter any of the "not muh" criticisms. I mean, Snyder's Superman is just a shitty hero that feels contempt for the people he's supposed to help. Even in BvS he acts as if people didn't really deserve his help. He's just a passive-aggressive and condescendent piece of shit.
Take Diana, on the other hand. She's just eager to help men, even if she doesn't know them, and doesn't hesitate to use her powers to help those who don't have them. And even when she sees how shitty men can be, she decides to help them anyway, and does it on her own, without some surrogate father (or in her case, mother) figure telling her what she's supposed to do. She comes to that decision on her own, and at the end of her movie feels like a more mature character at her young age than 30+ year old Clark in his two movies.

Here's the secret that you haven't unearthed yet.
The only part of a movie that really matters is the last 15 minutes. The last 15 minutes are the feeling that's gonna stick with the audience once they get up and leave. That's the lasting impression and association they take with them.
And while you may be an exception, many, many people left the theater after Man of Steel and BvS feeling exhausted, disappointed, depressed, or saddened. These are not feelings they want to associate with superheroes, or action movies, or blockbusters.

With Wonder Woman, DC simply did what they should have done right from the beginning: make a good, solid entertaining superhero movie. It's really not that frigging hard. DC used to know how to do this all the time. Maybe now, they are re-learning the knack.