MIKEY'S COME TO TOWN
FROM THE USA, LOST IN JAPAN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3jSMse76TE
youtube.com/watch?v=QSnBnne9Vms
youtu.be/AN0Cu8G4k_8
youtu.be/8800CsdkB-k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has anybody watched the episode "La Cage Aux Mikey"?

mikey was my shit. unfortunately most people here dont actually watch cartoons outside of he same regurgitated 4 shows IF that, and even then mikey was never that popular, so this is gonna be a dead thread. sorry user

>La Cage Aux Mikey
i watched every episode of kappa mikey so, yes

Don't fool yourself, people talk about Kappa Mikey here constantly. It just wasn't that great of a show, user.

That blonde chick and Clover from TS gave me a thing for blonde bitches

What do you have to say about it?

i mean its a good episode , but most kappa mikey episodes are, so cool i guess. ,my favorite line in the series is when mikey tells mitsuki, "your not just a mime, your MY mime." amazing delivery.

>kappa mikey
>pun on kappa maki, the sushi
>his hair looks like a fish

just got that

>a caucasian kid starring in a nippon show
Lets face it they would never allow it irl no matter how shitty they actors are and how white their anime characters are drawn

Didn't BEAT CRUSADERS do the intro?
Fucking aces.

blonde bitches tend to be the best characters

youtube.com/watch?v=x3jSMse76TE
>that part at about 1:25 in the song

A+ stuff

Guano-GUANO!

I never cared for this show, but the theme song is top tier shit.

How would this show fare if it were released today?

Cancelled after one episode because it didn't bring in Spongebob ratings

i never watched KM growing up(maybe one-five episodes at the least) but i get so much fucking nostalgia when i hear the theme song.

What was her problem?

Wouldn't be as fun. Anime has more exposure in the West in the last decade, so there'd be a lot more finicky viewers and even staff.

Friendly reminder Mitsuke a best

You misspelled Lily.

Not gonna lie, for the most part all I remember is the funny premise, and the show's theme being really really damn catchy.

youtube.com/watch?v=QSnBnne9Vms

>Preferring a bitch over a sweet girl with a crush
Oohoohoo am I laffing right now

How much are you willing to bet Sup Forumsmblr would cry whitewashing if Amestrians were played by white people?

Kappa maki has cucumber in it though

I always thought it was a joke about westerners being too scared to try actual raw fish but that's probably too smart for this show

You'd think that being an American cartoon character Mikey would have been the one to subvert that trope.

It's the same band from that bleach opening.
youtu.be/AN0Cu8G4k_8

>he doesn't want to break the meanie.
sad!

This show triggered at least one annoying weeb (that dude in the suede, who's a tgwtg autist to boot), so it's okay in my book. Nothing against weebs btw, just autistic ones who can't take a joke.

>I like the mean girl, because I may be able to make not a mean girl
That's woman logic, user.

Pretty sure that season is when I dropped Bleach.

Good music though.

I'd like to see a show with the same premise released today. As you said, more Westerners nowadays are familiar with weebshit, so the show would have more to work with. Then again, a show about making fun of anime is already what many anime are.

I know user... I know.

wasn't risembool, where ed is from, based on germany?

shit, their dad's name is von hohenheim.

like, Xing is obviously germany, I figured Ishval is the middle east, and the capital is like...Italy or something.

Well to be fair, Mikey was kind of a dick too.

No dispute there. But Mitsuke still a best (my point from the beginning), regardless of the quality of Mikey or who he deserves to be with.

Butthurt weebs crying none stop about how the show was misrepresenting anime, just like they do every time a cartoon makes an anime joke.

I just remembered I have a DVD of this somewhere around my room, I gotta watch it again

Watched a bit of it online on a nostalgia trip recently.

The humor's actually pretty good, but Mikey himself is probably the weakest part of the show for me. Pretty standard idiot protagonist.

It's like a 2008 amv.
youtu.be/8800CsdkB-k

I keep forgetting how much of a sleeper this show was. It was a quick gag but but one of the most memorable for me was in the episode where ozu kept giving mikey gifts, one of them being designer face cream that he just spread all over his torso and wore as a "cream shirt"

I'd give it a shot, but I'd worry about it falling into countless and more direct mainstream references.

>TFW this was my first real exposure to anime as a kid since i was banned frim watching pokemon when i was 3 and i couldnt watch anything but comedies
I still have a liking for the show. Yes, it was bad, but i think they knew that and just had fun with their stupidity. That, and since this was my first exposure to anime and anime tropes when i was in middle school i have a special place for it in my heart

Pretty much

I wanna know how it would fare if an american animation studio and Japanese animation studio collabed on it.

Random parts of random songs from this episode get stuck in my head every now and then and it always makes me mad.

Oh look, a black boy

MIKEY, DON'T YOU LOOK SO SAD!

FORTY-FOUR CATEGORIES AIN'T SO BAD!

Eat your german baozi Edward.

I remember way more of this than I should

FUCK YOU

Apparently he did get with Mitsuki in the last few episodes.
Good thing, there's no relationship as pure as dating your bro's sister.

I want to fuck Mitsuki

is there a fucking mega for this show?

anyone have a crush on her as a kid?

That show was comfy as fuck

the show never really made jokes on anime and Japanese culture (unlike the pilot)
they just wrote it like your typical kids cartoon, but with a wacky anime art style

>that Christmas episode that revealed Ozu was Guano's father
>never addressed again

Don't we all?