This is horrible, it's an affront to Louis Sachar's name

This is horrible, it's an affront to Louis Sachar's name.

I know it's hard to for an adaptation to capture the spirit of the original work, but this show didn't even try. Instead of the surreal and fascinating stories of the books, it's tacked-on generic cartoon plots like preteen romance, karmic justices, and morals.

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/splooge/1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We don't talk about this canadian abortion

Read the books as a kid, never seen the show but it gave us really good Splooge r34 so I don't mind its' existence

They also totally fucked up the inexplicable apparent grudge the sweetie-pie teacher has against one of the kids for no reason. It's way too blatant she just hates the kid.

I liked it, I didn't even know it was based off a book when I watched it

I also loved the theme song

Another successful cartoon that no one gives a shit about anymore and i'm so glad. It's a shitty show. The 2000s is the worst decade in television animation along with the 70s. Heck, the 80s honestly is a fantastic decade. Transformers, GI Joe, Thundercats, etc. were shows that may not have aged the best, but back then, they got the blood pumping and had exciting action scenes. Most of the 2000s programming was utter shit, with some exceptions like Samurai Jack and Justice League

2000-2006 awesome
2006-2009 suckedd

Agreed, though some stuff from 2000-2005 was crap (looks at Da Boom Crew, Coconut Fred, Johnny Test, Puffy AmiYumi, Ripping Friends, etc.)

00s were transition years. The decade was hurt by SpongeBob becoming absolutely massive which led to most shows being poor imitations, a recipe for disaster when they don't understand that show worked due to being very creative and clever and instead just copy the "loud and zany" part.
The second half of the 00s is my least favorite of the eras I've lived through for sure (about the only kids' shows I can remember amusing me were Phineas & Ferb and Flapjack)

You can't hate her

I love this show, besides i never read the books so i see this as an independent show

T

Me too user

theme song was good, rest was shit.
My 3rd grade teacher read us at least the first 2 books, possibly the 3rd and I was still able to remember 15+ years later that this show had shit wrong

First user is right but not categorical enough. The cartoon industry peaked in the mid-2000s, and then fell off a cliff. We did not have cartoons of early 2000s quality before then, and we have not have any since either. It was the true golden era of animation.

I read the book 1-2 years before the show came out so I was very thrown off by how much it got wrong

I feel exactly the same. I was a huge fan of his books as a kid and when I finally watched the show I was bummed out. They just threw together some wacky shit and slapped Wayside's name onto it.

Who the hell is "Splooge"? You mean Maurecia?

No but I hate the preteen romance between her and Todd, it was on briefly hinted at the books but here they make it a main focus. It's rather cheesy and cliche.

Seriously, is there a single cartoon where two main characters of the opposite sex don't fall in love?

I mean Splooge
rule34.paheal.net/post/list/splooge/1

Why did Myron go from being a nice white guy in the books to being an evil selfish black guy in the show? Were they trying to tell us something?

Maurecia's a cutie

WE WUZ KANGS N SHIET
>That's legit him in the show, he just wants to be kang..z