Will Hasbro ever remember that Beast Wars exists?

>Literally saves the entire franchise
>Killed after getting a shitty sequel
>Vastly superior toys
>Repeatedly passed over for fuckin' cars year after year
>Doesn't even get a big 20th anniversary celebration
>Only gets a few admittedly rad toy remakes
When will they realize we want munky not trukk?

Other urls found in this thread:

seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-to-release-masterpiece-mp10-optimus-prime/38368/
news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/15/hasbro-masterpiece-mp-10-optimus-prime-annoucement-341832
youtube.com/watch?v=pcEauLEN7Qg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Repeatedly passed over for fuckin' cars year after year

That is where you lost all credibility as a complainer , furfag

Oh yeah, because preferring the far cooler animals with guns over normal-fag cars makes me a furfag.

There's more demand for G1-style stuff BECAUSE the Beast Wars toys were superior, OP.

For over twenty years, if you wanted a new Bumblebee or Soundwave or whoever, your options were limited to A) pay out the ass for a G1 brick on eBay, B) pay out the ass for a G1 brick reissue, C) buy a shitty fucking Alternator and pretend you enjoy it, or D) hope that maybe a preexisting Beast/Armada toy would get recolored as that character, maybe as a convention exclusive you'd have to shell out hundreds to get.

Hasbro does go back to the 1984 well a bit too often, but they're also still updating characters who haven't had affordable/quality toys since 1988.

Fuck, compared to all that shit, all you have to do to get quality Beast Wars figures is go to eBay or wherever and fucking BUY BEAST WARS TOYS. The Transmetals are still some of the most solid molds ever.

>There's more demand for G1-style stuff BECAUSE the Beast Wars toys were superior, OP.
Bullshit. Show me one bit of evidence this is the case.

Animated reboot when? Nostalgiafags would eat it up.

Hell, they could keep all the voices and just update the horribly outdated graphics and I'd fuck the hole in the blu-ray disk

Hey check this out.

Kill it with fire.

I think they will revisit beast wars someday, first we are getting new updated headmasters, pretenders and power masters. So my guess is once they are done with updating the older g1 characters they will revisit the beasties. Occasionally we get a random beast character here and there so thats nice.

Never got the appeal of robots turning into boring-ass cars.

Seriously. How is robots that turn into even less cool robots a selling point?

Between putting Blackarachnia in everything, the references in Animated, Beast Wars Uprising, the recent Primal and Cheetor MPs and Primal winning the POTP vote, I very much doubt Hasbro's forgotten Beast Wars.

The thing is Beast Wars was a self-contained story, a private war that has little room for new stories unlike G1.

I heard Primal won POTP. I'm hoping this serves as a wake-up call to Hasbro, although now I'm worried it means they'll just cram them into the Bay movies.

:^)

Is that Megatron?

What is this?

>now I'm worried it means they'll just cram them into the Bay movies.

they did try.

I've seen that. Way to completely miss the point of them turning into animals in the first place, Bay.

>Killed after getting a shitty sequel
Beast Machines isn't a shitty sequel. Fox Kids fucked up by showing a sequential series like it was a syndicated series (which Beast Wars basically was). So airing the first couple of episodes repeatedly only on Saturdays made it impossible to get into it. Having aggressively ugly designs for the Maximals was also a turn off.

Beast Machines has some shit (but no tf era is spotless), but it's worth marathoning through. It's better than the live action movies, Prime, or RID and the Unicron Trilogy.

Did Beast Machines have a whole plotline of Silverbolt having amnesia and being a prick?

Yes

Half the Vehicons were brainwashed into being pricks, and Silverbolt was one of them.

That's basically the only thing I remember from that show.

They fucked up by not swapping the role of Rhinox and Optimus imo.

I mean, there's the objective fact that the BW toys had ball-socket joints and shit, and the anecdotal evidence that I've been in TF fandom for decades, and all that fans were asking for on the old usenet forums and e-mail groups was "I wish they'd do G1-style toys with Beast-level articulation and design." Car Robots gave fans a tease of that.

Classics finally gave fanboys what they wanted in 2007, and what was intended to just be a placeholder line until the movie line was out has sold well enough, it's still going strong a decade later, even longer than the ACTUAL G1 TOYLINE. Nerds really, really want versions of G1 characters, even the most obscure ones, that aren't fucking plastic bricks that have the delicacy of faberge eggs after so many years.

I loved Beast Wars too, but the show, unlike G1, doesn't have any real room to grow or develop or add characters without ruining it. Literally every attempt at doing like a Beast Wars "expanded universe" have been at best, pale shadows of the actual show, at worst, actively ruining it with fanwank and dumb retcons. The neo-BW toys that Hasbro has put out are, at best, on par with their similarly priced counterparts from back then, or at worst, shit like Universe Cheetor.

When you strive to do "G1 but better" in any form, the bar is set pretty low. But with BW, I just can't see any big "push" not being a disappointment compared to the original.

TL,DR: don't mess with perfection

Some cars aren't boring.

And they turned into plenty of shit besides cars. You got your fighter jets, your space shuttles, your trains, your tractor trailers and yes, your animals and dinosaurs. Sometimes the dinosaurs turned into cassette tapes and shit!

See, that's what I'd like to see, more vehicle/technology/beastie mix-ups, not just nuRiD style 'cons but triple-changers with a beast mode and a proper vehicle mode, like Transmetals pretended to have. I also like that Transmetal/G1 metallic-beast-mode aesthetic way more than "it's a robot but wears real fur/leather parts that have to be awkward shellforming panels"

A very early design ya.

Bonus feature of a DVD I have. Shows off tons of original character models and other cool shit.

Then support the releases of Beast War toys you moron.
>Generations Waspinator 2013
>Generations Rattrap 2014
>Generations Rhinox 2014
>MP Optimus Primal 2016
>MP Cheetor 2017
>MP re-release Optimus Primal 2017
>Power of the Primes Optimal Optimus Prime 2018

What if they re-animated all the episodes with contemporary CG but kept the same scripts, sounds, and voices?

No. The technology was limited, but Mainframe worked their asses off to make it as good as it was. A modern attempt at re-doing the animation would lean too heavily on the laurels of the technological advancements and not enough effort would go into the actual human effort of the job. It would have nicer models, but jerky, stilted and unimpressive movement.

didn't the 3d models for the show get used as reference for the toys? or vise versa?

Why bother?

Same reason you'd do a reboot: to reach a new young audience. Except in this case there'd be less risk of new writers fucking it up.

To be fair - to be fair - I'm like 90% sure the tojos at TakaraTomy decide who gets an MP, but them taking a break from their nonstop G1 nostalgia is pretty noteworthy in and of itself.

And the PoTP Optimus Primal was the winner of a fan-poll. It's still telling he was an option at all though, and hopefully they'll see his winning as sanction to make more BW homages in toy form.

>they could keep all the voices and just update the horribly outdated graphics
Ideally this is what would be done. It'd shut the mouths of those who say they can't watch it due to the graphics, and bring in a new audience with it's solid characters and storytelling.

Young audiences can just watch the original.
>WAAAAH BUT THE COMPUTER ANIMATION HASN'T HELD UP
Fuck off. You are literally the reason that LCD remakes get made, because fuckin chads don't wanna watch the original Total Recall, movies with practical effects are for homos.

>It'd shut the mouths of those who say they can't watch it due to the graphics
Or, y'know, they can shut their own mouths by choking on my dick.

It's too bad many are stuck with the NTSC DVDs, which suffer from muted colors, blurriness, and overall poor video quality compared to the PAL (Madman) release.

honestly I'd love to see a return of the fuzors even if it was nothing but a run of the more popular characters and toys from the original run
>Quickstrike
>Silverbolt
>Tigerhawk
>Air Hammer
>Bantor
>Terragator
>Etc.

fo real

Those first three are the only Fuzors anybody gives a shit about for obvious reasons.

Airhammer, Bantor, Terragator were 3 of the more popular nontv show toys, they've popped up in various BW related EU stuff since then.

>When will they realize we want munky not trukk?
Speak for yourself. I want the next level

But again, those toys were already done well once. You can get them on eBay for less than 10 bucks loose.

bump

I recently started re watching this show and just made it into season 2. the first season i remember nearly every episode from when i was a kid, but alot of season 2 and 3 escapes me. feels good like im watching it again for the first time. such an incredible show.
>tfw everytime i watch the season 2 intro i see my favorite character fucking die.

I just want Shout Factory to release Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo in English.

>still nowhere with a good quality stream

Best ship or beast ship?

Why not make a compromise?
Giant cars and airplanes that transform into robot animals.

>Vastly superior toys
That is not Animated, retard.

>Animated reboot when?
Sorry. Season 4 was cancelled

>The Transmetals are still some of the most solid molds ever.

Uhhh.

>Giant cars and airplanes that transform into robot animals.

Hasbros too busy making shitty toys and bayformer movies to care about making something actually good

So you want the Sky-Lynx and Trypticon show?

>TFW i spent 75$ for a boxed version because i wanted a best wars megatron and it fucking crumbled when i got it out of the box. Thank god the LCS that sold me it gave me a refund.

>making shitty toys
>care about making something actually good
The fuck are you talking about?!

>Not wanting 85 episodes just like Call of the Primitives with random shots drawn by Obari

Thats just takara, hasbro killed all their 3.34 lines and replaced them with 5POA shit because some 6 inch loving cock sucking faggot bitch got in charge of their marvel toys and spilled over into starwars. I fucking hate hasbro and think both the marvel, star wars, and gi joe because they treat it like shit, licsences should be given to a company that will actually make good toys of those properties again.

>that will actually make good toys of those properties again.
Better than the shit Kenner use to churn out back in the day

>actually well sculpted, painted, and didnt feel like hollow shit
Its still superior, but fuck 5POA regardless

Why did they make a black rebel soldier for both force awakens and rogue one

Because of hasbros diversity bullshit they have to make the standard good guy soldier into a fucking black cunt and take away a figure slot that couldve been an imperial or a cool alien

Sorry, meant for

>Thats just takara
Takara design all the TF CHUG figures that get release in the west. Hasbro just distributes. And If the BW Fandom supported the releases (all except Blackarachnia) there could have been more.

Also with the upcoming MP Dinobot. Hasbro/Takara has released a modernize toy of all season 1 Maximals in the last 3 years.
Just to keep that feat in perspective the G1 Dinobots are going to get a modern release next year in Power of the Primes line (32 years)

Hasbro doesnt release masterpeice anymore. Also
>thinking i want a clunky foot tall unplayable 200+$ figure
I want good 3.34 figures back and im going to call dwight stall a ballless cuck for killing the marvel universe line when i see him at the hasbro panel at NYCC2017. I will film it too and post it here. Your welcome in advance

>Hasbro doesnt release masterpeice anymore.
Where the hell do you pull your facts out of?! Hasbro US is re-releasing MP-10 stateside in 2017
seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-to-release-masterpiece-mp10-optimus-prime/38368/
news.tfw2005.com/2017/06/15/hasbro-masterpiece-mp-10-optimus-prime-annoucement-341832
>Thinking Masterpieces sell for $200+
Do you live in a 3rd world country or Australia? MPs can be ordered for $75 easily from toysrus, bbts, etc.

There size is still a big turn off. I dont hate masterpeices like say legends or black series, and actually i think transformers is the one line hasbro has yet to rape beyond repair, but i still fucking hate how people still back them up and say that there a good company. Hasbro hasnt been good since 2012.

What is this???

I've never liked Transformers animated so i didnt watched it, also i never watched any other transformers besides G1 and BW, am i missing on some good TF???

>What is this?
The beginning of a new beast wars. youtube.com/watch?v=pcEauLEN7Qg

>am i missing on some good TF???
You are missing the best TF.

I miss when dvds used to have lots of special features like that

Apart from TF animated, are there any other good TF cartoons you recommend??

*i want to watch some of it, i really like TF but with college and work i didnt have the time for it

Transformers Prime is pretty damn solid.

Car Robots is okay if you can find it subbed.

Not its dub, the Robots in Disguise dub sucks.

Who is that in front of Depth Charge and original Cheetor?

Just dropping in to say this was the best toy I ever had.

The dude on the far left? Transmetal 2 cheetor.

Transmetal 2 Cheetor

When they started becoming transmetal 2s is when I realized that it was just a gimmick to sell more toys.

While I don't like the T2Cheetor design, I think it's interesting that it somewhere serves as a bridge between the original Beast War designs and the stuff they went with in Beast Machines.

Well that's just Prime.

Fuck I apparently blocked that out of my memory.

It was 3rd season only and turned Cheetor into a moody teen, so I don't blame you.

>Actively seeking Botcon exclusives
Theres only, like, five worth doing that and thats not one.

Subs would be fine even. I don't expect a distribution company to go through the whole job of dubbing.

So much want for that BA.

But muh King Kong.

Blackarachnia or Tarantulas? Hard to tell with those big pecks/tits.

Takara and Hasbro collab on mainline figures. Exclusives and Masterpiece are definitely all Takara.

I hope he' head and shoulders taller than Primal.
I should start visiting /toy/ again.

So long as you're aware of it.

>when the beast-former uses it's animal limbs as robot limbs either by adding the robot bit onto them or folding one away and the other out
It's just so lazy.
>when they use the animal's head as the chest
Granted that can look cool, but it's so common like any car-former with the hood as it's chest or doors as wings/backpack.

The japs are constantly referencing Beastwars and Animated in their comic.

>dat Sari

Oh boi. Also, who is the cute, green girl?

Never. You're stuck with Bay junkyardformers and mute Bumblebee.

Prime was only one of those things and Bee has been talking a up a storm the last four or so years.

Hey now I love BW but Prime is pretty damn good too.

I just want Scott McNeil in a good show again