Why not just air it weekly and get it over with?

Why not just air it weekly and get it over with?

It works with Japan and their seasonal shows

isn't there supposed to be a new episode airing in asia or something today?

That's a good question.
Why not keep the fan base with constant attention? instead of bomb like actions 4-5 times a year.

Right? It's clear CN doesn't want it on their network anymore, so why not just end it? It's almost over according to Sugar, like a season and some change left. Could it be because they know that keeping it zombified like this and bombing it every now and then will give them ratings on that Bomb week? That's the only thing that makes sense to me, but even then it doesn't work because of the leaks. I also guess that it's because it's not an episodic show like their other 3 "popular" cartoons TTG, Gumball, and OKKO, though I feel like KO is going to end up like SU since I've seen a couple of plot threads being dangled in early episodes. So they think kids won't watch because they haven't seen the whole story? Whatever the case, they should just fucking finish the series and be done with it.

It works with America and TV that isn't cartoon as well.
Why are they so retarded when it comes to SU?

>almost over according to sugar

Source? This is the first I've heard of that.

I blame Vishnu.

I'm pretty sure I heard in an interview she was shooting for at least five seasons, but she'd like to do more. Given what's going on with production and airing, I can only imagine they won't get far past a fifth season.

I believe that was from quite a long time ago. I suspect there will be a season 6 but that may be the last one, since it sounds like they are still writing/boarding new episodes?

That interview was around the time when a season was 52 episodes. The Crewniverse are still producing episodes, the problem is that CN is airing them in bombs, so they burn through the episodes quicker than they are made.

That's probably the case if they're still boarding. It just sucks the show has to be on CN now of all times. A time when the new CEO is trying to focus all of her channels, CN and Boomerang, on the same 4-5 profitable shows instead of focusing on good cartoons. Some days I wish CN would just sell it to Disney so it could air on XD. Has a fanbase of a CN show been treated worse than SU? Sure shows have been cancelled prematurely for dumb reasons, but I'd honestly prefer a cancellation to this.

I suspect it is exactly this. Obvious CN is aiming for a very specific demographic with the shows they've been pushing hard recently and that demographic is young elementary school aged kids. The type who enjoy lighthearted episodic comedies like TTG and gumball way more than a show with an actual plot that you have to follow to understand. You can't just drop steven universe randomly throughout the day and expect the viewer to understand what's going on immediately like you can TTG. Adding a weekly slot for Steven Universe means one less slot for a rerun of Gumball and TTG.

>gumball
Didn't Gumball get darker and more plot-based?

idk I don't watch it on purpose. Only when My little brother does. Did it?

Yes. It did.

Because that would not be as awful. The executives hate us and want to torment us.

it's not so much because they want it dead but because they want the bombs to be a sort of "event" since people were excited by the content being released in bursts.
it's understandable why they do it, but it's fucking stupid in all honestly.

Why are they so obsessed with trying to get the retarded school kid market with shit taste. Didnt they learn this after he cn real debacle and started to make all ages cartoons again?
She said she had 5 seasons planned and would do more afterward after the homeworld saga finishs so what i assume is a dragon ballz scenario where a brand new story(possibly involving biological aliens showing up) is the series main focus. I dont understand why they hate the show so much, but one thought is maybe they secretly hate all the gay undertones because they dont seem to fight having to censor it in other countries. Thats the only logical conclusion i can come up with at this point. Unless they really are trying to get stupid younger tikes amd if so i really dont understand because cartoons all ages can enjoy brings in much better ratings and will make the merchandise sell better, and knowing CNs ratings at the moment they could desperatly use a big spike.

Not to mention that they're also trying to compete with shit like Netflix and Hulu.

I just think it's funny that they're pushing OKKO really hard right now when we all know that it's going to end up like Steven Universe. It's made by mostly the same people, so you know there's going to be some kind of story introduced to it once all the fun season 1 shenanigans are over. Once KO gets his "Mirror Gem" episode, it's over. We'll get our first "KO BOMB!" and it'll be over. I sincerely hope series creators see what they're doing to SU, and may other great shows, as a precaution to not pitch to CN anymore.

Maybe by the time they start introducing plot theyll kick out the retard head kf scheduling that pushes TTG and go back to playing their shows in equal ammounts...hopefully

TV channels know that streaming is the future and that more and more people actually don't watch TV with its rigid schedules anymore, and are trying to transition towards that kind of release format. They do need more data to experiment, however.

It's a transitional period.

Yea Bare Bears would have been a better example.

Honestly CN should just become the Teen Titains Network, they play it more than anything, hell I've saw old TT on during prime time the other day

I don't like SU but I feel like it's too emotional for Disney. Disney's cartoons are a bit braindead.

That and I feel like CN is trying to find their Spongebob right now and is dropping anything that doesn't fit into that mold. Yea they have Ok Go and Magiswords but those are both rarely shown ever.

You mean the new COO? This fucking dumb bitch? Yeah, she's not going anywhere any time soon.

They won't air it weekly because it's not TTG.

>Disney cartoons aren't emotional.
Star Vs. hits SU levels sometimes and Gravity Falls had its moments. What I'm getting at with wanting it on XD is that Disney seems to treat shows like it with more respect and tact.

But the thing they dont seem to get is that spongebob is actually loved and had a great 1-3 seasons and even the new episodes give me a chuckle and are about as funny as other shows at times. Teen titans go has been hated since day one and every day it keeps getting spammed just increases their hatred. Do they not realize that in order something to be "the next spongebob" it has to be good and extremly loved in the first place? I mean, fuck, there ratings are fucking garbage right now. No ones watching the teen titans go channel. Youd think after a year of increasingly bad ratings theyd get it through their thick stupid skulls that teen titans go is hated by the general audiance. Is their some sort of hidden agenda? Llike the chairman really liking it and demanding the network to play it nonstop, or dc paying them a shitton to spam it in hopes it will renew intrest in their properties?

Because you'd be getting killed by TLH reruns every week rather than just every month.

>Yeah, she's not going anywhere any time soon.
Why? Who is this dumb cunt, what is a COO, how is she a part of the cancerous TTG spaming, and why cant they fire her if she is apart of it because thats the single factor thats destroying the network rating wise.

user. She's the new Stu Synder, she's the president of Cartoon Network. She approves all of the decisions for the channel. She won't be leaving because RIGHT NOW she's making money for the channel.

Fucking how though? There losing ratings like dropping flies, more and more people are dropping cable so right now having quality and enjoyable programing should be their top priority, so having someone so blatently incompetant means shareholders will kick her ass out soon enough. And why does she like TTG so much? What possible agenda does she hope to acheive by spamming a show with a violent and large hatebase and is making the network lose ratings fater then the flash jerking off. Does she just really have fucking shittase and loves the show or does she have some convoluted endgame in mind?

Because bombs create massive high ratings for the duration of the bomb. Ratings you can charge on advertisers.

You can sell toys, clothes and branded stationery to braindead shit taste school age kids. Why do you think Ben10 is still alive?

Isnt Ben their Spongebob? Reboots or not, its stil alive.

It's simple, user. It rakes in more viewership than you think. Kids eat this kind of programming up, so each episode gets a decent amount of views, so since it's aired all day, on TWO channels (CN and Boomerang), it adds up. This isn't taking into account that she's pushing the show like crazy with special after special, marathon after marathon, and promotion after promotion. Kids are being force fed this show at the moment. There is a silver lining however. Viewership as of late has been slipping for TTG, kids are starting to tune out. This is why we don't see as many full days of just TTG, and now see Gumball and OKKO alongside it all day for some "variety." It shows that this isn't sustainable, and she'll have to move quickly to fix this somehow or get canned.

But they dont get ratings consistently for the five months they dont play steven universe. Im just gonna say this right now, SU is the biggest ratings pull CN has right now, so having it played reguarly and have a new episode each week would give them consistently good ratings. Getting an extra million for five days isnt as good as getting 2 million each week and getting a quarter-half a million from each rerun you play when you play atleast five a day. Mother fucking christ on a stick, CN is full of fucking retards.

That sounds like a reasonable strategy.
Obviously, people aren't watching TV that much anymore, and the reliability of that nielsen rating has long since been cast in doubt.

>SU
>2 million a week
*breaths*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It doesnt get high ratings because its popular though, it gets ratings because its ALL THATS ON. And after a while kids get tired of that shit and turn on loud house and stay because they develop crushes on the sisters or lincoln(this is way more common then youd think and plays a large factor and i remember watching shows just because i had a crush on one of the characters). TTG is getting lower ratings for the channel then when theyd play a variety of actually GOOD shows, and not trying to be rude to you but i think your point is wrong. Their is some sort of hidden agenda or reason why they play TTG. Has there been any rumors or supposed inside leaks that say why this is happening?
But they would get more ratings if they played it more often and had a new episode weekly. Something tells me a suit has a hateboner for the series

It was something like that when i saw the ratings. Show me otherwise and ill admit i dun goofed up

Are ratings really something that ought to be trusted in an age where you can verify popularity through downloads and clicks instead?
I mean, apparently, Star vs. the Forces of Evil is said to have shit ratings, but somehow does supergood through downloads, which is why Disney is giving it more seasons.

doesn't japan have tons more shows that even if you hiatus one, you still got like 10 more to choose from to fill the void?

There is no conspiracy theory as to why they're playing the show a lot, user. The COO has seen that the show makes money. I'm telling you that it's not working anymore too, so I don't see how you think that I'm saying the opposite. The show brings in money, therefore it is shown. The COO doesn't see the value in story-based shows like SU, but she does see that kids are more likely to watch episodic shows like TTG, and Gumball. I'm sorry, but there's no plot to uncover that will end this. We will just have to wait until the storm is over, just like CN Real.

Lets say for a second ratings are shit and theyd be better off relying on the app. It still doesnt explain why they dont have a constant stream of new episodes to update onto the app. I heard somewhere that the reason why they dont play SU on the channel anymore is because they get more ratings from the app, but if they did wouldnt they be releasing a constant stream of episodes for the app to get even more app ratings?

Might have something to do with changes in viewing preferences.
Binge-watching is popular for a reason after all, because of the freedom and flexibility it offers to the viewers.
But instead of one big huge bomb where all the content is released at once, small little bombs are detonated, which causes people to still talk about it regularly.
And with releasing stuff in packages, this ought to give the production team more time to work out kinks on the show and give it more polish in the traits that are considered important enough for the viewers, instead of being rushed out, like the new Powerpuff Girls.

I heard somewhere that the channel is trying to push away older audiances to get the little kid market. I didnt say anything because i wanted someone else to bring it up so i can make a rebuttle and they could answer it. Why would they try to get the little kid market when little kids dont buy merchandise like toys or watch tv because their uncultured shit faced failed abortion selves are too busy retardily playing with their stupid tablets like the shittaste brainless retards that deserve beatings for their shitty life choices, killing the toy industry, and being apart of the cancer that is ruining society. Older kids and adults now buy the toys of their favorite characters and buy the merch, and having a show all ages can enjoy ensures youll get consistently higher ratings. So tell me, why does christina miller want the little kid market when it doesnt bring in ratings or cash. Is it because she retardily believes cartoons should be only for little kids, or is she playing the longgame for some bullshit convulted scheme where she thinks shell get the inbred tikes as lifelong viewers?

Little kids of the Alpha and Z Generation have Gen X and Y parents to buy toys for them.

I miss the times where CN used to broadcast just one episode at week

>Kids don't by merchandise.
Their parents do though.
>Kids don't watch TV
Depends on the age bracket. Really young kids can watch all day. Kids in school can watch after school for the rest of the night, even if they only have it on in the background.

But they dont even want toys anymore because they are stupid little shits that are too busy watching pewdiepie videos even though they dont play video games. I swear, every lets player addicted tike deserves to die screaming and gagging on their own oversized tablet. I fucking hate kids.

Now you're making unfounded generalizations. Kids still buy toys and want toys.

>Their parents do though.
But they dont want them anymore, or they only care about unarticulated oversized blocky plastic shit that hasblow loves to make
>Depends on the age bracket. Really young kids can watch all day. Kids in school can watch after school for the rest of the night, even if they only have it on in the background.
Theyre too busy masturbating their scrotum to markiplier on their tablet to care anymore.

Were you raped by a kid or a Let's Player? Why do you hate them so much? Are you being intentionally retarded?

Ive seen modern kids of today. The 2010s is the worst decade in human history and its cultural rape of its influance has even affected our children. They only care about lets plays of games their too young to play, fucking normie games like candy crush, or being groomed to be feminist dykes by their liberal scum mothers. Fuck this decade, and fuck every tike under the age of 10

Because lets plays is idotic cancer of media and the degeneration of entertainment, and because kids and their shittaste are ruining everything i watch on tv because everything has to have some motherfucking lets player on it or because there not watching tv they play juvenile fart joke bullshit like TTG in a vain attempt to get bratty tikes to look up from their chinese sweetshop made brain rotting tablets.

>I've seen modern kids of today. The 40s is the worst decade in human history and its cultural rape of its influance has even affected our children. They only care about reading comic books all day, or being groomed to be weak-chinned Nancys
>I've seen modern kids of today. The 80s is the worst decade in human history and its cultural rape of its influance has even affected our children. They only care about watching cartoons all day and playing those fucking stupid video games when they should be outside! They only care about their action figures, or being groomed to be a lazy stoner with no prospects!
You see how you sound? You were like these kids when you were young, but with different fads. You were no different than them.

If kids liking lets player trash and only caring about their shitty tablets becomes the norm then all kids need their brains blown out. Fuck america and fuck children. Kids should like what i liked, and liking these retarded and degenerate bullshit new trends makes them less then human shit and worthy of being shit. Call me a sensative faggot, i dont fucking care. Im having my peice on why todays youth fucking suck and lets be honest you all have thought something similar to my views atleast once in your life but are afraid to speak up because your afraid for being mocked for having the balls to voice an opinion. Christ, i fucking hate this site, but i cant even leave it.

so nothing ok

Listen, I know you're trolling, or baiting, or whatever it's called now, but I'll make one last go at this. I don't think anyone's ever thought like you except the severely autistic, but I can sympathize with what you're saying, barring the ridiculous over-the-top violent bits. I do not like let's players and internet culture that young kids get into, but I can also see past my own frame of reference and realize that my parents probably didn't like the cartoons I used to watch on Saturdays. Just like how my grandparents didn't like what they were getting up to as kids, and so on. Times change, people grow up, and they become somewhat, or in your case very much, disdainful of what's coming after them. Try to have a thicker skin, and ignore things you don't like. Pewdiepie or whatever isn't coming to your house and pissing on your face, so why be mad? Just don't watch Let's Plays and continue watching what you like. Kids are kids and like stupid shit, and grown-ups pine for stuff that makes them feel young again, and in our case that's good cartoons. I'm sure in a decade or so, when those "normie kids" will be pining for a return to form in Let's Plays, or just the return of them in general while cursing on the current generation for liking whatever dumb stuff they like then. Whatever the case, user I'm going to stop with this conversation now. Have a good morning, or afternoon wherever you are. Peace.

>TFW im not trolling and i meant every word of it

it's another "why aren't we like japan" thread again