New JelloApocalypse. Rick and Morty this time

youtube.com/watch?v=5_h062haCH0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g8RlnyAGJTk
youtube.com/watch?v=dXbXq52wg9w
youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18
youtube.com/watch?v=MH17AHIklCM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JelloApocalypse's sense of humor is meant for twelve year olds.
>haha isn't it funny how I mispronounced the main characters names?
>the intentionally retarded mumbly voice he uses
>the whole thing reeks of ironic humor; any fan will defend improper criticism as "just being a joke"

Absolute cancer

I liked how Jello managed to break down the lazy attempts at "emotional gut punch scenes" that so common in cartoons recently. Rick and Morty, Bojack, and even fucking Archer that one time. Always the same scene.

>no dialogue
>pick some whiny indie song
>have characters do something sad while looking into each others eyes
>fade to credits while indie song continues to play instead of normal outro song

I'm getting pretty sick of it tbdesu

>t. thirteen year old

Can you tell me which one did it first? I haven't seen any of the three so I don't want to see a scene, enjoy it and then learn that it's been done already, I need the original at least for Sup Forums media

I'm not really sure who did it first. Bojack's whole appeal is based around the whole emotional gut punch thing so they're probably the most well known for it.

is it really a gut punch anymore if the audience is used to it?

When did Archer do it?

To be fair Bojack does it a lot better than Rick and Morty

youtube.com/watch?v=g8RlnyAGJTk

youtube.com/watch?v=dXbXq52wg9w

Well I dropped it after season 2 because it got old, but apparently it still has a pretty strong following on Sup Forums.

The episode where Katya leaves Archer for Barry.

>I don't want to see a scene, enjoy it and then learn that it's been done already, I need the original.
>I cannot enjoy something unless it is constantly breaking new ground. I physically cannot appreciate any piece of work as long as I have the knowledge someone out there might have done something similar before, which is why the only media I enjoy are Stone Age graffiti and Sumerian myths.
Are you genuinely autistic?

>t. another thirteen year old

>the episode where Katya leaves Archer for Barry
That was a movie reference you dumbfuck, it was absolutely played for laughs. When Archer pulls its dramatic punches they do it well, like all the pool death scenes in season 7 and the Woodhouse shit in Dreamland. Instead of whiny indie songs they have the Venture Bros composer which is why they work better than RnM and Le sad Reddit Horseman

>Mortar

It would have been find as a one time joke mispronunciation but nah he kept at it

I thought Morty's realization that he has to live in another alternate universe for now on was pretty well done, but yeah I some of the times it feel forced or dull.

He's done that with all the shows though. It's a running gag.

ah. cock in my mouth then ifs its like a thing of the series

thats fine

I still think its a dumb gag but at least it is a consistent one

I kind of wished Jello did Welcome to Sup Forums.

He said he doesn't really enjoy working on the welcome to series, plus he doesn't really strike me as the kind of guy who would hang around here.

IF IT TAKES FOREVER, I WILL WAIT FOR YOU.
FOR A THOUSAND SUMMERS, I WILL WAIT FOR YOU.

I can enjoy things that are similar but have some difference in execution. However from user's description I got the idea that the execution is not really that different

Nailed it.

I just realized thanks to this video.. The ending is going to parody Breaking Bad's ending.. isn't it?

Man Futurama was so good. I hope Groening's new show lives up to it's peers, I'm excited to see his take on fantasy.

It's been a thing in live action drama shows for a while, although if I had to guess was probably the first time an animated comedy did it.
Mother Simpson also had a similar ending, albeit with an original orchestral score instead of an already existing song.

it still works on me... even Jello's

Star vs when?

>Not enjoying the Epic of Gilgamesh

Did he ever pickle as a rickle?

He said he never visits Sup Forums and he's retired the WELCOME TO series like 2 or 3 years ago

Earliest example I can think of

youtube.com/watch?v=DWUOcTIgI18

Not exactly the same but very similar idea

fuck

Should I watch moral orel?

Yes, it's probably the best show adult swim has ever done.

Yeah I thought the one with Unity where Rick just suddenly tried to kill himself just felt incredibly tacked on and insincere. Did any user's get emotional at that part? Because it just felt like a shock with some indie music attached to it to me. But maybe I'm just not properly depressed enough to appreciate it.

>the piss thing
>this is the pinnacle of modern Sup Forumsmedy

I feel like if it was a different song I might have gotten emotional. youtube.com/watch?v=MH17AHIklCM
The songs not bad but it doesn't invoke any feelings of sadness from me.

Why are popular YouTube personalities so overwhelmingly unfunny?

Because your a humorless twat?

>Did any user's get emotional at that part?
Me I guess. And here I am doing it again.
Then again it's probably because of how much I could relate.
I don't pretend to blogpost, but I can relate to Rick in a lot of ways (No, I'm not "Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor") and up to that point he barely had a really 'sad' scene like that and that it kinda was so sudden made it worse
The song could've been better I guess but it hit me hard anyway

I watched (don't know why) some watchmojo video or some damn shit titled something like "Twenty mind blowing super secret Rick and Morty easter eggs that you never knew and didn't get the reference of."

Number 20: "Rick and Morty is actually, believe it or not, a parody of the characters "Doc" and "Marty" from the 80s sci fi comedy, "Back to the Future, 1-3!"

Number 19: "The side character "Scary Terry" is actually a refernence to 80s sci fi horror "The Nightmare on Elm Street!" Whoa! Totally Radical!

Number 18...

This video was somehow stupider than that video.

>did anybody get emotional?

Sure. But then again I can sympathize with other people, including fictional characters, because I don't have autism.

Nerd culture is kind of shitty. Especially on youtube.

They're not, you're just a contrarian.

What about this was funny to you, user? Was it the funny high pitched voice?

He did speak the truth about Gravity Falls in that video he did about it

He was funnier in his "Welcome to X" videos.

What kinds of stuff would he says about it?

I've gotten feels from R&M before (I can relate to Jerry more than I'd like to admit) but that moment just felt so out of nowhere, it felt like emotional whiplash and really pulled me out of the moment.

No he wasn't he's exactly the same.

Is he /ourguy/ Sup Forums?

Star's a cuck

>if you feel this moment was contrived and it didn't personally resonate, you have autism

Stop posting forever.

What's with this influx where if you don't like something you're a contrarian? I like Rick and Morty and many other popular things, I just don't find this funny

that was actually an homage to an older movie.The scene is supposed to make you realize that they both aren't sure they made the right choice

I got a bit emotional in the "damn, that sucks" kind of way, but the music did feel a little out of place.

The reveal that Evil Morty was the one behind the murders of the Ricks and liberation of the Morties really got me, though.