Creator of SpongeBob Anime OP Gets Fucked By YouTube

twitter.com/NARMAK13/status/900973935738535936

This is why the YouTube animation scene is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

newgrounds.com/portal/view/698275
simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Simpsons_Pixel_couch_gag
youtube.com/watch?v=GJbCWJNQUYI
youtu.be/d5r1Wsvfy6w
youtube.com/watch?v=YflsCectl6I
youtu.be/l-Q8Vhk5Qjc
vid.me/AlBT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is why you don't make money off of other people's properties.

Yeah as a proponent of independent/amateur animation I feel for the guy but at the same time dude should recognize the risk of it being taken down and not expect Nickelodeon to turn the other way and not overzealously protect their property.

I don't understand why he's acting all outraged.

Why'd it go down?

Copyright; Nick/Viacom don't want to see someone else making money of their property.

Youtube only wants to monetize Spider-Man x Elsa videos now.

False the video was taken down because it was reported as spam. That is why he is so upset. Because the stolen video is still up on the site and YouTube isnt doing shit about it

soo, can someone link the video?

Maybe H3's case can be used to fight this violation of fair use

>entire platform makes millionaires out of goofy nerdy schlubs making money off of other peoples properties draws line at schlub posting original work parodying a corporate mascot.

>hard working creators get shafted
>hard working

i wouldn't call it hard working if all he did was make a parody

Maybe try making something original instead of stealing someone else's IP. No sympathy.

Speaking of which, when are they going to crack down on Spider-Man and Elsa videos

Yes. Someone reported the video as spam, while someone else re-uploaded it and is making money off it.

YouTube did the same thing to the fan made Simpsons Opening after Fox aired it as their actual Simpsons Opening.

It just got flagged by some random cuck, copyright takedowns are totally different. Being able to flag shit and take it down with zero argument has been an ongoing problem as of like the last year or two.

I want them to institute a filter that demonetizes anything with Spider-Man or Elsa in the title or description that isn't uploaded by a Disney affiliated channel.

This thread is full of legit retards

Here is the newgrounds link
To be fair, is mostly viacom being anal about their properties, most parodies won't be removed by their parent companies. For example the Batman/Metalocalypse videos are still ok with WB and the guys that make them sell T-shirts and other merch without getting into trouble.

>i wouldn't call it hard working if all he did was make a parody

The video didn't animate itself, user.

As soon as they stop making millions of dollars.

>Anyone who doesn't pity me is STUPID!
Go cry somewhere else.

>i wouldn't call it hard working if all he did was make a parody

what? Source?

Dude should reach out to H3H3. Regardless of what you think of the Kleins, their recent court case is a huge deal for fair use.

The creator is angry because the video got taken down as Spam (ie a random shmuck reported it, not Nick) and then other people reuploaded the video on youtube with ads. So it might as well have been an original animation, because it doesn't change anything.

Yeah, last year I made a funny spongebob, sort- of animation, I spent ages working on it but viacom took it down within seconds of the upload.

simpsonswiki.com/wiki/Simpsons_Pixel_couch_gag

maybe you should learn to read instead, retard.
it wouldn't have made a difference if it were original content. The video was automatically taken down because it was reported as spam (probably someone who owns a shitton of bots) and the same person uploaded it again with ads.

nothing to do with nick you retard, kys

It's called a parody and it's protected by federal law.

Well played youtube.

Well played.

Spongebob Z all over again

well. That is fucked up even for youtube standards.

Animator gets screwed out of 300K+retweets and likes, gets video taken down on youtube, someone reuploads it with ads, it's still up. Universe hates animators.

This is something a bit different. H3 fought for fair use against another YouTuber, not a huge corporation like Viacom.

Are people going after the scumbag that reup'd it with ads?

If not, then that's part of the problem.

I don't think so. The average YouTube viewer just wants to watch a funny video, they don't care if you're the creator or not.

Then someone really needs to make a video about this immoral practice, upload it to YouTube, and see what happens.

And knowing YouTube, someone probably has.

This is some depressing shit. It's why I've started spending less time working on individual videos and just started uploading stuff every other day.

Unfortunately the attention this event is getting is way above the norm. You kind of have to assume that people are going to steal your animation at this point and plan around that accordingly with watermarks or whatever.

>someone reported the video for spam and gets it taken down
>other people saved the video and posted it, with other cheapskates making reaction videos
do they not realize that reporting it for "spam" they made legit spam?

>not understanding the concept of fair use in terms of parody

Fuck off. You and everyone like you, namely the lawyers that propagate this anti-freedom bullshit, should fucking die.

>what is a parody
>what is fair use
Kys

>I wouldn't call drawing 3 minute's worth of high quality, high framerate animation hard work

Confirmed for fucking retard. How do you even manage to breath, being as fucking stupid as you are?

>Someone reported the video as spam, while someone else re-uploaded it and is making money off it.

(((Someone))) indeed.

>not understanding the concept of a parody

It wouldn't have been funny had he made his own characters. The entire point was that it had characters that don't fight and don't belong in an anime style. That is the entire concept of the video, and the entire concept of A FUCKING PARODY.

Do you not understand what a parody is? And do you think he really stole anything? He didn't steal their animation, their voice recordings... everything in that video was 100% done by him. The only thing he didn't do was create the character names and designs, but see above. THAT IS THE POINT.

You should kill yourself my dude.

>anyone who thinks hard working animators that are already struggling to make money with the new shitty youtube algorithms and floods of stupid low quality content getting churned out at a blazingly fast pace deserve to get shafted by bullshit like copyright takedowns in cases of fair use or spam takedowns or people stealing their videos and monetizing them without giving credit are retards

Yeah, basically. Fuck off somewhere else you mouthbreathing subhuman

>huge corporations get more rights than citizens

Do you enjoy being shafted by Jews? Because it sounds like you do.

I feel like we should indefinitely imprison anyone who reuploads Youtube videos with monetization.

Or fucking kill them.

>a fucking parody
>stealing someone else's IP
Don't reproduce.

Why doesn't he just get the ones who reposted it taken down?

Did you reupload it anywhere we can see?

You mean get Youtube to actually do their jobs? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's obviously easy to get videos taken down. Instead of whining about how the bad thing only works when it happens TO you, because you didn't even TRY it, fucking DO something.

youtube refuses to remove anything unless you have a lawyer contact them.

Im a game maker, my test videos have no ads. People grab my videos and reupload them with ads, everytime I report them im just told to produce legal documentation that I own the content.

The interplay between YouTube, and users is almost as old as YouTube itself. I know this because of all the Spongbob YTPs that were being taken down in my childhood.

youtube.com/watch?v=GJbCWJNQUYI

I don't get it. why are Viacom and YouTube so butthurt over a fun parody when this shit is allowed youtu.be/d5r1Wsvfy6w

I feel like reuploading shit, whether it's movie clips, tv shows, other youtube videos on the internet is inevitable. And I'm kind of OK with it, you can actually get really popular from shit being spread this way but you have to make sure your branding your videos somehow. I think heavy copyright enforcement is what actually lead to the original video being taken down in the first place.

Youtube hates animators

youtube.com/watch?v=YflsCectl6I
The relevant part is at 18:32

Just wait and see, in ten years Google will go the way Myspace went, there is no future in that company

Nope. All parodies on TV are simply coincidences.

Does this mean we could report all of the the shitty meme videos and get them removed without resistance?

It doesn't sound like Viacom since it got reported as spam and not a copyright violation. Looks like some fucker was just being an asshole

How about get a real job if that shit's not working?

yeah vid.me, do you want to see it?

Or this shit: youtu.be/l-Q8Vhk5Qjc

>everything in that video was 100% done by him.
To be fair, the song was taken from an actual anime. But it wasn't the Japanese studios that went after him.

>I know this because of all the Spongbob YTPs that were being taken down in my childhood.
>Spongebob YTPs
>Childhood
>YouTube has been around for just a little over a decade
Fuck the march of time. I'm only 33 and this comment made me feel 50.

Sure

vid.me/AlBT

I will do it! Friends look to me when I preach the truth. User name is enospi expect a video maybe tomorrow if I'm free that day...plus I needed something to make a vid about

Reminder that copyright is essentially the legal equivalent of
>ORIGINAL OC DONUT STEEL

The video getting hits has his fucking watermark on it. It's shameless

They already did. They aren't monetized anymore.

I feel like I need to be smarter to understand what kind of point you're trying to make.

Nah, mine still make loads of money off of ads. They are still suitable for advetiments, according to my stats. Worst thing I can see happening is that they get age restricted from too much flagging, but if that is the case, fuck it, I will just take it down and re-upload it with minor edits in a few days. I did her that YouTube is cracking down on Let's Players though, which I think is fucking hilarious, considering what I get away with on that site.

>YouTube is cracking down on Let's Players
Yeah, the tl:dr is really
>Youtube says no more horror games
>Youtube says no more all capital letters in videos
>Youtube says no more swearing in videos
If you got hit, you got put on a blacklist
Someone posted a 1 minute video with the background all black, and it got automatically flagged down cause the algo just blacklists the user

holy shit the fucking cringe

too bad you can't make no money with your small dick

>tfw i was one of the people who did that
serves him right for mooching off of copyrighted material instead of making his own.
only a faggot would use someones intellectual property to gain fame.
he should get viral by his own merit.

>animating isn't a real job

man I bet you get paid good telling others on Sup Forums to get a job, loser

When is this shit gonna stop?
You have tons of videos being bumped by Youtube about livestrreams of Spongebob reruns but then this guy's animation is taken down.
If Youtube really gave a fuck about copyright, then why haven't they removed all those Toy Chanels?

So I guess people who got subscriptions by making fan animations of any kind, YTP parodies, or literally anything involving a character from another series is a scumbag despite never actually asking for any money.
Nigger it's not like he was asking for 50$ for anyone to view the video.
Unless of course you do count subscriptions then in which case your a idiot if you think that should count as copy-right infringement on youtube because if it did vids would be taken down left right and center, including reviews, which would be a total shit-storm.

Wow, you are a huge piece of shit

People livestream WWE shows, even pay-per-views.

I'm shocked they don't hear a sledgehammer knocking at their door.

Not bad, but did you upload it to YouTube under that title? If so, there's your problem. Viacom's lawyers are going to stand for something that could be mistaken as an actual unedited clip from the show. All it takes is one clueless parent to freak out about the title.

What about those spoody x elsa videos?

It's easy if you own a multibillion dollar corporation. Otherwise it is near impossible.

You either have no experience as a Youtube content creator, or you're a fucking retard. Probably both, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume the former.

See above, it was marked as spam. That aside, there is a difference between making a parody, and straight up downloading and reuploading a video.

The former is covered under fair use. The latter is a crime and those who perpetrate it against low-income content creators are fucking scum.

yeah, pretty much, the only time it wasn't taken down was when there was a black bar covering most of the video

>animator
>not a real job
>posting on Sup Forums

O wow

It's amazing how quickly YouTube nosedived after the whole PDP/Nazi thing.

I blame The Washington Post for all of this.

Copyright is to keep people from blatantly taking something and profiting from it without the consent of the content creator. There is no problem with that.

The problem comes around when multibillion dollar companies use their team of kike lawyers to abuse that shit and milk every last penny out of everyone they can.

I really fucking hate Youtube now. I like Google in most regards, but they deserve to have Youtube taken from their hands like the abusive adopted parents they are.

You are a fucking moron. Go mix bleach and ammonia, then dip your head in it.

The people who got HIM taken down were randos, not Nickelodeon, so clearly you don't need to be a fucking corporation to report people and have it work.

Sure am glad Google keeps jerking its collective cock off over algorithms instead of hiring people to cover its blind spots.