Does Batman actually "love" his sons?

Does Batman actually "love" his sons?
Also from what comic is pic related?

Robin Rises. And yes

Only Damian and Jason.

Yes. The Tomansi/Gleason Batman & Robin run.

Nah he loves Dick too
Pre52 I'd say Tim too but nu52 basically erased their relationship

Only when the writers acknowledge that Damian isn't his only kid

Yes, it's just for the majority of his almost-80-year existence, he was written by Greatest Generation or Baby Boomers, so he was the sorta father figure who would never say "I love you" out loud and justify it by thinking "I don't need to say it, we have a manly understanding"

Now we're dealing with millennial fans' impressions of baby boomer fans' impressions of Batman-as-father-figure, so yeah, he might not seem like the best dad at times, but keep in mind he's had those Robins over nearly a century of shifting depictions of child sidekicks in comic books, and shifting definitions of what makes a "good" father.

Batman has only one son

Apparently, King learned from his mistake.

>"He (Batman) goes into the desert on a quest, and as he goes deeper and deeper down the river, Apocalypse Now-style, his friends try to rescue him. All the Robins are in this story. I started as a Robin writer. I started as a Dick Grayson, Robin War writer. This is a story about Jason, about Tim, about Dick, about Damian, and their reaction to what their father’s going through. Damian’s seeing him propose to someone who’s not his mother. It’s about them reacting to their father, and saying, ‘Is he going crazy, or is he finally finding peace?’ Of course, because it’s comics, the way they try to determine that is to punch him in the face."

Dick and Bruce really needs to fuck.
They have this father/son sexual tension without even actually being father and son.

Didn't Devin Grayson write them purposefully to have sexual tension?

This page literally made no sense and I could tell it was done to soften the blow to Dick fans because Dick/Bruce relationship was damaged big time after the reboot and it never truly recovered.

That sounds stupid though.

Each one of them, even though Jason makes it tough sometimes.

He does.

No.

What stupid about it?

Here have the previous page.
I actually like this issue because it focuses on Bruce' lack of communication, sometimes people just need to hear the validation they deserve.
It's 1940 #416 btw.

It actually make it worse and prove my point.

Here's Bruce talking about why he took Jason.

Well I think Bruce was aiming for a righteous anger in Jason, but we all know how that turned out.
Also what issue is this? It looks older.

>Dick
>son

>l word
lesbians?

Lasagna, actually.

2 sons.
Jurgen's just made it into my list of top Damian writers.

It actually came after the issue you posted and it was from detective by Barr which is 10 better than what Starling did where he made Batman into some kind of lonely loser who put a kid's life in danger because he missed his former Robin who he fired and never even followed his news.

Post Batfamily feels.

The next issues are about the KGBeast though iirc.
I really need to start reading again.

?

Good for you, user.

I guess this page will make some fans happy since it actually from the main universe.

Then bruce tells him he didn't want to be his father

well DONE bruce

I said DETECTIVE, user.

>Jason has daddy issues

All the robins really is a good dicking from Bruce.

A better question is who gets the inheritance both legal and symbolical when Bruce is gone?

Helena obviously

All the Robins have daddy issues and Damian in particular has the biggest issues.

The batfamily is no stranger to incest

Damian will get the Wayne Family Legacy side of things, as he's really the only one who would care about it. As for the mantle Dick and Jason don't care, while it seems circumstances will dictate if Tim or Damian do so.

>implying dick will not fuck her brains out to get the inheritance

I fucking hate Huntress so much.
She's much better as the Helena in Grayson.

Uh? You do realize that not actually Jason talking, right? The thing that took over his body literally spoke about how Jason is locked somewhere pages later.

New earth Huntress was shit but earth-2 (pre crisis) Huntress was waifu material.

>Tim
Honestly, I never really saw Tim becoming Batman. I know writers used to set up that he was fit to inherit the mantle, but I always pictured him becoming a detective of his own with his own identity. Especially in the current continuity, wherein he was Red Robin from the very begining.

He was for like 5 seconds

You mean Dick and Damian. His actual sons.

He sees Jason as a son too
Tim not so much

>Tim is always either dead or just outright bland and useless
>Bruce doesn't even see him as his own son

Tim really did get the short end of the stick didn't he.

my autism was twitching

I actually think that finally they are letting King write to his own strengh (which is character study/character interactions) instead of forcing him to write Snyder style "'epics'", thank god.

GET THIS STUPID FUCKING HACK OFF BATMAN

He's written some good, maybe some great, comics but he truly, utterly sucks at writing Batman. And Janin shouldn't be allowed on anything but fill in issues the lazy fucking poser artists that he is.

He's following up The War of Shitty Stories with this? The war of wah wah punchy daddy in the mouth?

Thank you user
Red Nightwing is disgusting and should be erased

Writers seem to not know what to do with him.

>Tim actually being acknowledged as a son to Bruce

I all goes to the Joker.

Now he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Damian isn't a legitimate child, Helena will be as the product of a legal marriage.

The others will inherit Wayne Enterprises, manor and cowl only over Damian ice cold, dead body.

I feel like the only reason they made Dick red was so he would fit in with the other Robins in the first place
It's dumb
Tim needs to fucking drop Red Robin and get his own colour too, Jason's claimed red

Too bad Huntress will never be canon.

It's not incest if they aren't related

Is this the chinese bootleg of Batman?

It's funny how they all resemble each other despite having no relation.

Even funnier than Damian not remotely looking Asian or Arabic despite his ancestry

>Jason nowhere to be seen

Jason is literally written to suffer.

>Bruce is marrying Selena

It's pretty obvious what's about to go down

>>Bruce is marrying Selena
>haven't been in the comic scene for a while
>google
>holy shit it's real

Oh god no.

Bruce was too young to consider a teenage kid like Dick his son at the time.

Tim used to had his father alive until identity crisis so he not get the daddy treatment from bruce. The new52 Tim has both his parents alive.

So Jason and Damian got to be Bruce Sons.

Bruce is like a big brother to Dick
Dick is a big brother to the other robins in different ways

Jason see Dick as the big brother that do everything right, the brother that is the perfect son in your father eyes and you tried to be like him until you get that you are not him and that will never happen and you rebel...still he knows his big brother loves him and would die for him.

Tim sees Dick as the big brother that is the leader, that he can not do things wrong and as a good young brother you respect him and search his guide

Damian see Dick as the big brother that takes the family head of the house position when your father is not there (when bruce "dies"), also you have the biggest age difference so is natural that he sees him almost as a father figure.

Damian has a brother relationship with Tim very similar at what Dick/Jason used to have.

and so on with jason/tim and jason/damian

You have:
Bruce big brother to Dick
Bruce father to Jason and Damian
Dick big brother to all the Robins

>Bruce was too young to consider a teenage kid like Dick his son at the time.
Wasn't Dick either 8 or 12 when Bruce took him in?
Their relationship has been weirdly written and flips from brotherly to father-son depending on the writer, but DC seems to be pushing for the father-son angle right now

Also Alfred is a father for Bruce and Dick and a Grampa for Jason, Tim and Damian.

Why did you get triggered by this? The premise seems actually interesting and I'm curious about it.

Ah yes I love Dick being Bruce's son

Don't worry Bruce never forget (only Tomasi did)

Ages of robins?
Batman starts at 20? takes dick when he was 21 until he was 26.
Jason from 26 to 29.
Couple of years without robin.
Tim from 31 to 35.
Conceives Damian at 22 and takes him from 34 to 35

Dick start as nightwing in college - so maybe from 13-18, 8 years difference, now is 27 (35-8)
Jason start at 13 to 16?, 13 years difference, now is 22 (35-13)
Tim from 14 to 18, 17 years difference, now is 18
Damian from 12 to 13 (he is 13 right now), 22 years of difference.

you can take some years if bruce started earlier than 20 as batman

>Dick taller than Jason
Yeah nah

He was on the run at the time.

He is standing on something duh.

Why not? I always thought that height order was
Bruce>Dick>Jason>Tim>Damian

And Damian would be taller than Dick when he grow ups

>manlet Dick had to stand on a box to look cool

Jason is canonically taller than Dick.

Bruce Wayne/Batman
Height: 6'2". Weight: 210 lbs. Age is unknown. Probably in his mid 30's.

Dick Grayson/Nightwing
Height: 5'10". Weight: 175 lbs. Roughly 25 years old.

Jason Todd/Red Hood
Height: 6'0". Weight: 225 lbs. 19 or 20 years old.

Tim Drake/Red Robin
Height: 5'5". Weight: 125 lbs. 17 years old.

Damian Wayne/Robin
Height: 5'4". Weight: 140 lbs. Almost 12 years old.

It runs in the family.

Damian is 5'4"...and Jon is taller? maybe 5'5"?
So Jon is 1.65m with 12...Damn, he is taller than Lois???? And Damian with 1.63m is taller than batgirl (cass), stargirl, harley, poison ivy, and terra. same height as zatanna and barbara ...looks wrong. Also Jon would have the same height than kara.

He looked a bit brown in Robin Son of Batman

Given he was only slightly taller than Maps (Who was canon 4'6" at the start of the series) in his first guest appearance in Gotham Academy and a decent amount shorter in his second, i'd guess Damian is at or below 5'.

The premise is great. And then he shits on it with his "LEL then since it's BATMAN they ALL PUNCH EACH OTHER IN THEFACE xD"

King's gotten really annoying with the way he approached batman. It seems like everything is a deconstruction or a parody or an indecisive middle ground between the two.

I don't like his run much, but let's wait and see how this will go before we judge it.

is this more accurate? Damian is 4'6"

I think it was only a few months before Tim barges in.

I'd say so, he's always drawn quite short, especially around the other Robins.

I think that would be more difficult to work, because Bruce and Damian need to have 13 years of difference (Damian Age).
Someone can correct me but I think that Damian had no "science fast growing" like some of his clones.

What the fuck is this garbage...

He did during the mess that came with the New 52 condensing the timeline, but I imagine Rebirth has retconned that.

it has always been canon on earth 2 the Dick x Helena

While I agree it is never fool-proof to pre-judge something based on a solicit. It's also not very smart to expect something good when, honestly, it's only gotten worse from the start. And I've pretty much defended the dude until he ended I Am Bane as poorly as he ended I Am Suicide.

His only two good bat stories are an Elmer Fudd one-shot and a Swamp Thing issue (which would have worked better as an issue for Swampy than it did for Bats.)

It's seems as if he was offered a character he really didn't have much more than the current storyline and took the job because, and I don't fault him, 'who the fuck turns down batman?'

The fucked thing is that he's been shilling this arc since before issue one and now it's here and it's GARBAGE. Worst art of the run, some of the worst writing of the run.

I waste too much money on Batman a month to be pulling punches about a garbage writer who needs editorial to grow a pair and tell him 'no' one in a while.

It really, really is getting to the point that I'd rather have Snyder back. And I fucking despise that dude's post-tec Batman.

Example of his love.

>who needs editorial to grow a pair and tell him 'no' one in a while.
Funny, because I think it's the other way around, i.e. the editoral screwing him over. There are glimpses here and there of good writing, especially in the calmer scenes, but it goes away the second he is forced to write Batman in the similar a blockbuster way reminiscent of Snyder.

This is exactly how Tim was pre-Indentity Crisis. Batman Jr Tim came after his dad died; along with an effort to turn him into Dick Grayson 2. Pre IC Tim only really had a handful of writers, but they gave him a unique image.