Why don't Matt and Trey permanently remove Kenny's hood and just let him be a real character from now on...

Why don't Matt and Trey permanently remove Kenny's hood and just let him be a real character from now on? South Park has been around for 20 years, I don't see why they need to keep the tired old "we never see his face" jokes around, and also they seem to never know what to do with him as it is.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/07/04/south-park-donald-trump-trey-parker/amp/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He has the coolest hair

because status quo

Because being muffled is park of his character.
Still, I wish they'd give more than once every three/four seasons a moment with his face.
All I can think of it the Michael Jackson episode and the water park one- save for the ancient Super Best Friends too.

He's taken his hoodie off plenty of times since then.
Also, why wouldn't he wear it when there's snow all the time.

Because Kenny is a boring character. Changing him into an interesting character would be a separate and unpalatable endeavor to simply taking his hood off.

They replaced him with Butters because he is a one-note, one-joke character. Not a good foil for any of the other three characters. Again, changing him to make him a better foil, a better character, would effectively be creating a new character. So instead of wasting time and effort salvaging Kenny, they just made him into an ancillary character behind Butters.

Which was a good thing. Butters was an established background character but not an established character. Fleshing him out and building him up was all the effort they would have put into Kenny, and people would not have liked that.

Kenny, as he stands now, is a pure character. But, he is a small character. Changing him is pointless, because being what he is is what they need some times. Which is why they go get him, some times.

Poor Kids episode, Shitty part of town episode, all Mysterion episodes, he isnt boring, he just isn't main character anymore

The show tends to fluctuate between who gets to be the main character, but I wish that they would shift the focus back to the boys being the main characters again

Also Going Native and Poor and Stupid, Kenny can be funny if only Matt and Trey would give him a chance
also, I NEED MORE TWEEK AND CRAIG

When was the last time South Park had a legit Kenny episode? Was it the Mysterion arc?

Shitty Part of Town i suppose

>also, I NEED MORE TWEEK AND CRAIG
We must hold Tweek and Craig in the HIGHEST HONOR
That entire episode was great.

None of the boys have been main characters for a while, I think that's when the quality of South park went down for me, when they started focusing on the townspeople rather than the boys.

There's also that old joke about how the kids are visually indistinguishable without their usual outfit.

Best episode in a while

Another big mistake is fact that episodes dont ewxist by themself anymore, Matt and Trey push soo hard for continuity, we had this type of big ending episodes since 17 season

Didn't they say they'll go back to the episodic formula again this year?

They did?
Sauce someone?

this

They did.
ew.com/tv/2017/07/04/south-park-donald-trump-trey-parker/amp/

the hood is part of the character though

Anybody got a skip/watch list for this show if I just want the highlights?

It's a better move hopefully next season will be better for it.

>That entire episode was great.
Also incredibly fucked up in multiple ways.

Watch all of seasons 1-20, skip no episodes.

continuity in and of itself wasn't a bad idea, it was having it affect the main plots to the extent it did in Season 20 that was the problem, it's fine when it's used for gags or character development

Besides "The Jeffersons," "Pee," and "Super Best Friends" Kenny also appears unhooded in:
>Tooth Fairy Tats
>Lil' Crime Stoppers
>The Losing Edge
>Lice Capades
>Margaritaville
>You're Getting Old
>Broadway Bro Down
>Sarcastaball
And I guess technically "The Coon."

So, that's about 10-12 times in 20 seasons.

Kenny's muffled hood is part of what makes his character design unique. Take that away and he's just another generic-looking kid.

Nah. Don't fix what ain't broken

because Kenny can say something really vulgar when muffled. Which makes it funnier. Because the audience has to go off what is implied by the childrens' reaction to kenny.

Yes, at least in the first few seasons, this was the case.

As glad as I am that Butters got more fleshed out (he's probably my favorite of the kids, honestly), I don't think it was wise of them to just kill off Kenny completely for that one whole season. Kenny used to be the "face" of SP aside from Cartman, they just kinda refused to make him more interesting.

Has been messed with plenty of times.

It was better when he wasn't clearly saying words. It's very easy to hear what he says in recent seasons.

I think the big fuck up was basing the entire plot on Hilary winning and not having any backup plans. You could tell they had to rewrite everything from scratch

What's funny is that wasn't even the first time Matt and Trey banked on an election going one way and it turning out the other way. They originally were all set to make a sitcom about Al Gore back in 2000 because they were so certain he was going to win the election, but then they had to scrap everything and retool it into That's My Bush when George W. Bush won.

South Park isn't South Park without the parka.

>When your favourite character was only a used in the movie
True suffering

Who?

This

It should be called the Randy and Butters show

Ze Mole

>TWEEK AND CRAIG

man I'll never not hate this

They should have just dropped the storyline when Trump won and made the last few episodes entirely unrelated to it.

He gets cold easily.

how so?

That's the first time that comes up to my mind whenever someone talks about South Park in general.

I like trying to figure out what he's saying before the characters repeat him

also i think he was only unmasked in the Michael Jackson episode

But it's funny as fuck when he goes on those curse-filled gross ass rants that no one can understand, plus he's better off not being 'just another kid' and having that illusion of being older, more knowledgeable or more mysterious than the others (even though, yes, we have seen his face and know his backstory).

IIRC Kenny only died because Comedy Central basically vetoed their original plan to write Kyle out of the series (he was supposed to move away with his family).

They got it past the radar because they pitched his death episode as "We are going to kill Kenny off but play it completely straight for once" then basically didn't bring him back. IIRC they waited until the second to last episode of the fifth season (when the show was at the height of it's popularity) to do said episode, covered their assed by doing a Butters spotlight episode) then told CC when they started work on season six, that Kenny was not coming back and Butters was the new fourth kid.

But they fucked it all up and then some, by doing the episode where Butters was beaten up by his family in Jared Had AIDS and CC ordered them to yank Butters from the core cast and they spent the rest of the season with Tweak and the whole plotline of Cartman having Kenny's ghost inside of him until P&S finally gave up and brought Kenny back out of the blue

What made Kenny so interesting was that he clearly knew more then he let on and was far more mature since he tended to avoid or just not be involved in any of the shit Stan, Kyle, and Cartmen got into.
Kinda like to think he realized hanging out with them caused him to die multiple times so he just avoids them sometimes

They could not do that because the entire main storyline that was planned out from the beginning, was the boys vs girls arc and the fact that Garrison's entire arc last season, was supposed to be him redeeming himself and his good name, by ending the war between the girls and boys at school (which in turn would get him his job back).

That said, they could have pulled themselves out of the fire with Garrison by having the real Trump drive Garrison from the Presidential race during the hiatus. But Parker and Stone were too afraid not to go for the low hanging fruit of mocking Trump, until he won and their redemption arc was no longer possible since it hinged on Garrison losing and winning everyone's trust and respect back by getting Wendy, Bebe, etc to back the fuck down and shut the fuck up when they were on the brink of violence against the male students.

Why'd they wanna write off Kyle? Just because they ran out of ideas or something?

It was because Stan and Kyle were too similar to each other, they didn't want to write off Stan because he was the main character sort of

>IIRC Kenny only died because Comedy Central basically vetoed their original plan to write Kyle out of the series (he was supposed to move away with his family).
No, Matt and trey said that they got tired of killing him off every episode, CC wasn't related with that at all.

>Tweek and Craig are completely normal boys with completely normal lives (for South Park)
>The Japanese girls at the school decide to make them an official pairing completely without their knowledge or consent
>No matter how hard they try to convince everyone otherwise, everyone else goes along with it without question
>Craig's dad doesn't want to deal with it, he just gives Craig $20 every time they're on screen together
>Tweek and Craig try to make plans to break up in front of everyone at the school
>Tweek, being emotionally unstable due to being constantly hopped up on coffee, takes it too far during the breakup and makes it much worse
>Realizing that they can't do anything to stop the Japanese girls and gay rumors, they reluctantly agree to put on a facade of being a gay couple
>They're now forced to hang out together frequently when they otherwise wouldn't have
>Matt and Trey actually asked their fans for Tweek and Craig homosexual fanart so it could be used in the episode
The whole episode is completely fucked up.

>fucked up

Faggot detected, that episode was perfect.

>I didn't even know Don King got raped

There was the Halloween episode, the Coon and Friends arc back when they didn't drop the ball, and when Kenny and his siblings got sent to foster care.

>being this tumblr
>projecting this hard

Because that would,. for once, for all and forever, kill Kenny as a character.

You bastard.

Kenny was meant to be muffled because he's supposed to have rxtremely profane real lines, somethign that got lost as the years went on and the bar lowered.

Does everyone forget Kenny literally got a superpower, introduced the concept of superheroes to the show which became a whole video game, and had like 3 different arcs at least

user, thats why this episode was soo great. That was hillarious af and we had clues that Tweek really is gay.
Thats the only homo paring that I like, cause its just a joke!

There was no way Garrison was going to get his job back. The shit between him and PC Principal had reached a head with his meltdown about illegal immigrants. At least this season won't have anything Trump related since Matt and Trey both have said they regretted season 20. But the question remains: Are Cartmam and Heidi still together? If they are then they could finally give Eric a chance to redeem himself and not be a complete asshole.

His superpower is really a curse. Every time he dies, he comes back the next day and everyone doesn't remember what happened.

>implying the super power wasn't their retcon to an episode reference from season four

If you don't watch don't talk

>making cartman a person instead of a dick

See this is why you don't have a show that people watch, you have stupid ideas

Him being a dick WAS funny but its been 20 fucking years and it's gotten stale. And nobody wants a stale character user. That would just be filling the show with nothing but Millhouse.

That doesn't matter at all

>> nobody wants a stale character user
Almost every character in South Park is stale

So you're saying the main 4are stale as well?

Kenny definitely

You'd think you would expect fucked up shit when watching South Park

Considering that every creek and regular fan defends the episode on tumblr, user was acting the opposite of it's user base. It's not the most fucked up thing from SP, but more people seem to go out of their way to justify that episode than any other one.

When were there clues? Every boy in the class was chasing Bebe's ass when her tits grew in. Aside from that and some episodes where we see him hanging out with Craig, Clyde, and Token, there is no indication that he was/is gay. You're probably baiting, but still...

He was completely gay.

Cartmans the foil to Kyle, so to have him not be a dick would mean that Kyle would have to become the dick.

And the latter was correct.

The only big change between the main four I can think of is that Stan became kind of a dick

He's not a dick, he's just tired. And remember that he sees and hears shit every time someone talks, every time he hears music, and every time he eats.
He's a depressed alcoholic.

>When South Park makes you cry
Those episodes with Stan turning ten hit hard.

We learned that Kenny has a heart of gold
Kyle is a sanctimonious prig, but is pretty based
Cartman and Kyle are frienemies instead of just enemies, and Cartman values their new friendship, in his own fucked up way, way more than Kyle

What's Sup Forums's opinion on Safe Space?

I liked Reality, dude was savage

so? there all kind of already dicks anyway. he gets jealous of cartman easily too, they could easily remain nemeses

They will and that's pretty much the town of South Park. They all fluctuate between between being decent people to absolute assholes.

Good episode. One of the funnier parts of season 19. Reality was great. Actually, it was the only episode that properly felt like South Park, taking a fad and pointing out its obvious, ridiculous flaws.

If cool means unkempt and impolite .

I liked Gregory, shame we never see them again.

Truly, Christophe, Gregory, Pip, and Damien could have been the foreign group to the boys and Craig's gang. Such wasted potential.