It's Here, Bitches (well, slowly buy surely) CRICKETS 6

Still haven't eaten, I sacrifice 'cause I love you! Using A4 scanner so not fiddling or cropping, hope this doesn't trigger any of ya! It's 40-odd pages so it'll be a slowie, apologies in advance....

(Beautiful) inner cover

Page 1!

Pg 2

Pg 3

Pg 4 (Btw I'm assiduously checking for missed images etc, this scanner makes mistakes less likely because of duplicate file alerts n' shit. I do my best!)

Pg 7
Anyone readin'?

Pg 8

Pg 9

Pg 10

Pg 11

Pg 12

Pg 13 (it IS pg 13 and not 14, treble checked!)

Pg 14 fer reals this time

Forgot fucking file. PAGE 14

Thanks, user! Reading it.

Pg 15
No problem just postin' other's work! Thanks fer reading mate

Pg 16

Just gimme 5 to get as many pages scanned as I can so I can get a bit ahead, okay? Thank you, guys (and maybe girls, they tend to dig this type of comic more (satire!!!)

...okay experiencing scanner fuckery now...

nooooooo!

I'll try once more then just use The Beast (my shit-hot A3 scanner/printer). All is not lost, sir!

...The Beast it is, then...

Gotcha! Just had to configure size so I wasn't fucking about with splitting double page spreads...will post pg 17 then get ahead for five or ten minutes, like I said it's a long one (issue)

yay!

You're a good OP.

Thank for for two scanners, am I right?!
Bless you. That's one cute lil' pussy. Can't keep you waiting THAT long after such an adorable picture...commencing with a few pages....pg 18

Pg 19

Pg 20

I don't get what the hype is about this at all

Pg 21

>Not moving.
It wasn't a packed house.

I believe it's an aquired taste. When I started reading it (I read chapter 2 first, I believe), I didn't get the hype either, but now consider it one of the best comics of the decade.

OP here, I pretty much hated Harkham's early stuff, like for the D & Q anthologies and even Crickets 1 and 2 aren't amazing...but I saw the leap from 1 to 2 and heard what the self-published Crickets was about, picked it up, bought a second copy and now I agree it is one of the best comics of the decade. Not that it makes a comic any better for it but it truly is "comics literature", that special alchemical bastard of words and pictures...anyway on with the storytime!
Do you read much "alternative"/"literary"/"art"-type comics? If not then yeah you probably wouldn't understand the hype. No dis intended.

Pg 22

Pg 23

Dhoy
Pg 23

we are halfway through the issue, right?

yeah, I own Sir Alfred #3, Louis Riel, Boxers& Saints, tons of Ware, Crumb, Chester Brown, Bagge, Clowes,etc...

Pg 24

Are you the guy who I put onto Fanta's Sir Alfred #3 "damaged " stock, by any chance?!
And don't you ever post in shelf threads for the love of God?!
Pg 25 (NOT page 26 as the file says!)

no, I got 666/1000, a while ago
I'm the user who constantly praises Leslie Stein and Noah Van Sciver
just this doesn't click with me at all

ORIGINAL requester here. OP, I will remember your kindness for a very long time.

One more request: once you have finished posting this issue, can you please find out what page was missing from the issue 5 storytime ( )? I checked again, and you posted 31 pages including everything and the page number can obviously only be a number that can be devided by 4, and I'm guessing it's only 1 page missing (and not 5 or even more).

Oh yeah, I think we spoke about Stein and her new D & Q book, right? See I'm kind of lukewarm about Sciver, I respect his craft but he doesn't do a lot for me...still have a few Blammo's an one off's for completion's sake, though...
Aww bless you, that means a lot, man. And, yes, of course I will check. You obviously caught the double page title splash I photographed, yes? Shit, maths isn't my strong point...!

Pg 27

Shit sorry will re-do

Pg 28

maybe, I just find this boring
he's clearly talented just falls super flat
like why is this so praised
Hensley is clearly superior

Pg 29
Fuckin' FOUR captcha's for ONE image?! Get the fuck outta here, Sup Forums

Hah, Harkham called hensley "The Best cartoonist In America" on Twitter a few days ago, it was his b'day. You got any of his Comic Art or Duplex Planet stuff? The "Fuzz Tone" strip from the latter is genius. And "Smooth Jazz" from the TCJ Summer Special On Music (it was reprinted in volume 2 of the brunetti anthologies, Graphic fiction etc)...if you haven't it should be easy to find. Said it before but his thought processes are like no-one else's...in ANY medium

Pg30 This is taking the piss, FIVE fucking captcha's this time!!!

Pg 31

Pg 32
This sequence totally gets me...Harkham accomplishes so fucking much with so little, it's fucking incredible to me
Btw, I love Harkham and Hensley equally and am a completest nut for them both....
Pg 32

Pg 33

Can a bruv get a quick cig break? Only like 7 pages to go but I'm gonna go insane if I see many more fucking street signs....

no, no and no
care to link me?

No More Shaves Has the best Hensley stuff, early nineties stuff.
Could scan smooth Jazz later.
The Comic Art stuff was illo's and a few comics for the old Bueneventura Press magazine on comics with some new comics included, again, could scan if not too frazzed....

OBJECTION! I believe 17 more pages to go (incuding back cover). I mean the saddle stitches were visible on page 26 (including front cover and inner cover). 26*2=52

Are you , like, the Nils Bohr of Sup Forums, or something?!
Shit, I thought it was 48 pages, I thought I counted 'em last night...
Anyway rest of this wonderful sequence, then cig time if okay. Been sat on a fucking wooden side table scanning this bitch and my ass is killin' me
Pg 33

I'd totally appreciate that

Pg 34

Pg 35, ignore my file misnumbering!

Pg 36

SEVEN FUCKIN' CAPTCHAS

Pg 37

Pg 38 (37? I'm confused, now...)

Nah THIS is page 38, sorry folks

Pg 39

pg 40

pg 41

pg 42 (probably)
Just letter and the prose-poem adaptation to go now. Thanks so much for your patience, guys

pg 43

Pg 44 "War"

War pg 44

War pg45

Ads

Advertisements

Back cover.
Well, there you have it guys hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for the patience, know I houlda pre-scanned but I did say I would start by 9 GMT. Gonna stuff my fucking face with food now, love you all, you're the best, and support your favourite alt cartoonists, please!I think it was you who named Time Clock your top ten book of the 2000's? Anyway, will put together a little Hensley ephemera storytime for ya if you want, keep your eyes peeled m'friend. G'night, all!

BUMP

Thanks.

Cheers, and thank YOU for reading, sorry to sound like a stuck record but PLEASE support your favourite pretentious hipster shitlord cartoonists. 'Cause in terms of effort to financial remuneration these girls and guys have it pretty fucking rough. They basically execute every single part of their comic for very little remuneration, that's just a love of creating comics. Only "alt" dudes who make a living solely from comics are Clowes, Ware, Burns, Hansellmeme and I guess Los Bros....not many others, though. Sorry to soapbox (a nasty habit, I know) but this type of shit is pointing the way to new directions in comics, in terms of innovation it makes Zap look like Archie, or something (not that there's ANYTHING wrong with the old Archie books!)...okay, rant over, send hate mail to [email protected]

read bump

thanks, op

bump

Nils Bohr here. Thanks for posting the complete Crickets 6! Can you please find out what page you forgot to post in the Crickets 5 storytime? ( )

Heh, I'm that guy.
Didn't he already post it in that thread? The last image in there.

>Didn't he already post it in that thread? The last image in there.

No. He posted 29 pages + that double pages spread. The issue is 32 pages long.

Thanks guys! To Nils Bohr and I'm literally going through my folder w/comic as we speak! I WILL FIND THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

Thanks for your support, it means a lot to me and even more to Sammy. Not everyone can afford 100$+ for oop comic on E-Bay and I know at least most of you will buy the collection (and hopefully all the next issues! Especially when BOV arc is finished--three issues to go, lads--next ish is focused totally on Seymour's wife, apparently!

Also gonn get some Hensley stuff together for ya, TimeClockAnon

Well that was quick? Are we good now, friends? Anything else missing, Mr, Bohr (I use that affectionately, ya know I'm not ripping you, man! Or maybe I am, just in a "nice", "we're all friends here" kind of way. Okay?!)
I told ya there were four pages of car talk at the beginning...seems a lot less in medias res, now. Thanks homies. You are (all) the greatest.

That's not the missing page! That's the 4th image you posted in that Crickets 5 storytime thread:

bump

Help me OP, you are my only hope.

bump

Looks like I forgot a spread....page after the one that ends with babby asleep in car

Sorry for photo, I HATE spine roll and my shits are nm at the moment (apart from duplicate #6, that spine got rolled to all fuck last night! Not too bothered, it's my "study" copy, anyhow) . Now, is this finally right, my dudes?!

THANK YOU! One final question: in Crickets 5, does the double page title spread come before the page that begins with "Baghdad"?

Yeah, that's correct! REALLY sorry for the fuck ups, I tried my best! Love you guys you're the best! Positive threads like this make Sup Forums really worth visiting. So thank you. Peace!

A second missing page? What the heck? I was only expecting one. Now the number of pages you posted from Crickets 5 is 33, which means the issue has 36 pages and there are still THREE pages missing.

Ok, I am going to post the first word of each page you have posted so far to make it easier to identify which pages are missing:

1 [cover]

2 [bobby boys]

3 [crickets title page]

4 first word: "easy"

5 "what"

6 [double page spread 1]

7 [double page spread 2]

8 "baghdad"

9 "how's"

10 "just"

11 "big"

12 "ida"