Ducktales

So it probably won't be in season 1, but in season 2 or later could you see them introducing Daisy as a recurring character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W1cTkImKG-o
youtube.com/watch?v=9_HrC6nKJUQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I hope not
Literally the worst female character in any form of media

Possibly. I don't necessarily hate Daisy, and I think she could have her uses, depending on what they do with her. In particular they could likely do some fun comedy stuff between Daisy, Donald and the kids.

That said, I can't imagine them making her an action girl, so she wouldn't really fit into the world traveling action packed adventure episodes. I don't know about the comics, but in the cartoons she never struck me as the type. In all likelihood she'd just boil down to the regular jane type girlfriend that gets pissed at Donald for going on an adventure when he promised to take her to a fancy restaurant.

We're talking about Daisy not Korra

Wasn't she an intrepid reporter in Quack Pack? If there's anything that could be worked in from that cartoon, maybe that part about her?

>In all likelihood she'd just boil down to the regular jane type girlfriend that gets pissed at Donald for going on an adventure when he promised to take her to a fancy restaurant.
In that case, God Fuck no don't bring her in. Invent/adapt another character to chase after Donald'd dick if you have to, but neither the Show nor Daisy needs the Shame of having/being another Lizzie.

The best use of Daisy would be to use her to push Donald and Gladstone's rivalry along and give it higher stakes. So use her sparingly, and almost always in conjunction with Gladstone during a Donald centric episode. Having Daisy ultimately choose Donald every time despite Gladstone winning throughout the rest of the episode is quite satisfying.

>Using the girl as little more than a reward? How regressive!
Essentially yes. There could be other gags involving Daisy and she can have her own minor shit going on to flesh her out a little, but love interest would be her most effective role in an already large cast. Not every character needs to stand all on their own. Add-on character should not be a dirty word.

Yeah, there is that I guess. I certainly don't mind the idea of making her a reporter. I might keep her original design with the bow, though.

I think you both have good ideas
I don't think I could handle another character that's Lizzie tier.

I don't think anyone could.

This was the peak Daisy design

Man. Fuck off Shadman.

God damn daisy look like DAT

>I certainly don't mind the idea of making her a reporter.
Feels like easy mode. Don't know how to make your girl character always near the antics of the boy characters? Make her a reporter!

I want her to at least be mentioned soon.
Like "Uncle Scrooge, you'll have to keep the kids from maiming themselves without me for tonight, I've got a date with Daisy."

Then he decides the best way to keep them all occupied is with a tale from his youth, segue into Life & Times.

Sort of hope not, unless she gets a make over like Webby. Daisy is literally just Donald's Girlfriend, the character

This. I rather they have Magica be paired with Donald if they want an odd couple.

I rather there be no couples, desu

This nigger knows

>Donaldxmagica
You shipping faggots never cease to amaze me.

We try.

> magnificent response

I don't think Daisy will show up in season 1 because it would have too much overlap with Roadster Racers, the little kid's show that has the core toons now.

If Magica makes an appearance before Daisy you're going to be seeing a lot more of it. And that's actually rather likely to happen considering that the creators are comicfags, Where Magica is a very important character and Daisy is at her most extraneous as a character.

I agree, she's never looked better. Which is hilarious, because this comes from her very first appearance, where she was an absolute bitch golddigger.

You implying you wouldn't corkscrew that tight hole?

This. Daisy has never been a real character, but a boring love interest and not even one that makes sense for Donald in Ducktales.
19th century courting rules just don't apply to that guy.
And not to Daisy, consequently.
With the rivalry angle falling flat for being a century behind the times, there is really nothing left to her concept.
So you need to build a completely new person.
One with a job and not ridiculously out of Donald's league.
Which could be anything, really.
Maybe she works Scrooge's debt department, so they have a lot to talk about?

If Magica shows up she'll be shipped with everybody, I know Magica with Donald, Scrooge, and Gladstone are all already things.

That was a dream sequence, though. Then again, if we really went through with it, she still could've turned out like that after the honeymoon phase.

Also, pretty sure she debuted early than that short. I can't remember which one, though.

>rivalry angle falling flat for being a century behind the times
I say fuck the times

A cool ep would be Donald trying to imrpess Daisy, but giving it up to help his family.

I've never understood why they never made her look this good again. I guess whoever designed her for this only worked on the one short with her in it.

Oh no she's perfect

youtube.com/watch?v=W1cTkImKG-o

I think this is also the only time early Daisy was given a quacky voice like Donald and the newphews.

What did Donald say at the beginning/after he locked the nephews in?

It sounds like "To the dog pound!" or "Switch on now!" and neither of these make any sense.

The Mickey shorts did a good job of making her fun

don't you mean numbah vine!

And they gave Tommy shit for picking Numbuh T

For all we know, "vine" is actually a number on her planet.

Vine was apparently just a nickname. She's Numbuh C55H72O5N4Mg.

Yes, but she barely resembled Daisy in Quack Pack, the way almost none of the characters resembled themselves.

My fucking heart

I want their relationship to be something like this

youtube.com/watch?v=9_HrC6nKJUQ

Like, the genuinely enjoy each other's company but they're constantly pissing each other off by accident, but love each other anyway. I think if they were going to go the reporter route, she would have been the reporter that appeared at the end of episode 2.

I think what'll happen is that Donald already knows Daisy, like he had a crush on her in high school - But was too busy with Scrooge to actually attempt a relationship.

In a future episode, after Gladstone is introduced, he'll just show up to some charity function Scrooge is hosting for a tax break with Daisy on his arm and Donald will get insanely jealous. The two are fighting all night, and this just turns Daisy off, and the two don't even realize she's gone at first. Then, throughout the season, when we're getting slice of life Donald, we'll see tidbits of their romance - But, before their first actual date, Huey gets jealous that she's taking all Donald's time away, and pulls Donald on an adventure, and Donald's goal is just to get back in time. He's ultimately late, but Daisy is understanding, telling him she trusts him and if it wasn't something important she knew he wouldn't have bailed - But not to make a habit of it.

Bonus Points for her liking Donald's fortitude and aggression, even in failure, as opposed to Gladstone's Laissez-faire attitude and dependence on luck without any planning.

What if they made Daisy the cover for Magica?

The Showrunner's heads would explode from the sheer volume of the Autistic screeching it would cause.

No, there are already too amny characters
Plus Daisy was never good

All I can think of regarding Daisy in Quack Pack is TASTY PASTE.

I'd actually think the best use for Daisy is to have HER not Donald, be Gladstone's arch enemy/rival.

Basically Gladstone and Daisy are constantly feuding/competing against each other and whenever they show up, Donald/the Triplets/Scrooge get dragged into Daisy's scheme to one-up Gladstone, who always wins.

Given the feminist bullshit, it makes sense to position Gladstone as male privilege personified via his luck. And for his chief rival being Daisy, who no matter how hard she tries or how much better she legit is, constantly loses due to Gladstone's luck/male privilege.

They can even use this for why Donald and Daisy are not together; Donald got tired of dealing with Daisy's obsession with beating Gladstone and walked away from her crazy ass.

What if Magica's ghost has possessed Della?

>literally wanting feminist bullshit in the show

y

>Make Daisy interesting by just cannibalizing and re appropriating Donald's bits
Seems kind of lazy to me.

>face it duck you just hit the jackpot

I like this.

What would she even be competing with Gladstone for? He doesn't work for anything, the only reason he and Donald keep going head to head is because of Daisy.

Gladstone isn't male privileged, he's luck privileged. Him being male doesn't factor into it.

Gladstone is the one person that makes Donald and Scrooge get along, because they both hate the fuck out of him. Donald hates him because Gladstone is always lucky while Donald is always unlucky, and Scrooge hates him because he's never had to work hard a day in his life.

Gladstone does contests and sports for fun and because he can/knows his luck will help him win.

Daisy basically becomes female Frank Grimes. Any contest or sport she tries, Gladstone's already there and wins without even trying

I think the first word he's saying is "platoon", but I can't make out what the second word is.

What the fuck happened to their parents?

If you're right, the only thing I can get is "sail".

Della is still an adventurer, she's an astronaut right now from what I gather.
And their unnamed father is deathly afraid of them after one of their pranks put him in the hospital.

Keep her out, the show is already great as is.

So we're going to get Webby covered in tattoos, smoking cigs, and sniffing an anus real soon? Can't wait!

that origin story is so old i wouldn't doubt they'd change it for the show

>Della is blond
>Magica is brunette
>Daisy is bold

Now you know why Donald avoid her.

if it makes you feel better, Lizzie is an alien hellbent on destroying Earth.

Regular maybe not, but at least 1-2 episodes yes. She is part of Duck cast.

I hope she starts as the girlfriend of uppity gladstone.
Then Donald cucks him and smirk at the camera like the Other Donald.

I bet Donald misses the days when the "adventures" he had with Scrooge were much more mundane.

Yeah just modernize her sassy jerk angle for modern day.

This sold me on Donald and Daisy AND Minnie and Daisy being a viable comic duo.

The little shots Minnie gets in when pretending to be Daisy are great.

Full size and translated.

then the theater's security throws them out for soliciting.

Also, it's already a thing with Minnie in Italian comics: sh is often portrayed as occasionally working for a magazine, usually together with Mickey but covering different topics

Scrooge owns the theatre. Or buys it on the spot.

>>Gladstone is the one person that makes Donald and Scrooge get along
not really- Scrooge can't hate Gladstone for being lucky. He just doesn't have the greatest opinion of him.

In the brazialian comics she was already a reporter.

Good going there Donald.

Well between Adventuring, working, and taking care of three mischievous nephews and keeping them out of trouble, Donald can only do so much. Also
>Going to a James Pond movie for the Romance
That's like going to a Micheal Bay movie for the character development and story

This translation is officla, but so...''free''.
In the original Daisy talk of Santa Klaus and aliens, not girls in cute bikini.

probably

The baby triplets are adorable

Daisy, in her role as Donald's girlfriend the character, is useful as a catalyst. Especially in regard to Donald vs. Gladstone.

Magica triying to trick Donald and Daisy losing her mind and punching her to the middle age could be funny to see.

Magica has gotten destroyed by Daisy at least twice when she put Donald under a love spell.

>That file name
I agree.

I want to see that animated

I hope she appears at least in an episode, with her traditional personality and all, and how she could fix in the reboot spirit.

I kinda want her and donald to have a date, and spending it bickering from start to finish, and she realizes it`s the first time she wasn`t dumped mid date due to her temper. same for Donald.
The idea that they`re made for each other since their the only ones who can put up with each other`s tempers is kinda endearing. Actually I think that`s how Donald`s parents meet.

I wonder if she would get along with HDL? I'm assuming at the very least that Webby won't like Daisy if she ever appears.

>give donald identical classic voice
>give scrooge and nephews unrecognizable voices with the former sounding too young and the latter sounding too old

explain this decision

Tennant is younger than Young, and the triplets are actually voiced by guys but they aren't child actors.

>and the triplets are actually voiced by guys but they aren't child actors.

and they singlehandedly ruined the show with this dumb bullshit

fuck this new trend

for years, we had kid characters that actually sounded like kids but now it's considered uncool? why not use women va's?

if it ain't broke don't fix it