How does batman function in the DCU?

How does anyone in the DCU including pic related not die after a year or two of intense crime fighting. Like holy fuck Nolan's batman came the closest to portraying the realism of being a vigilante.

Bruce there only lasted a year or two as a crime fighter before his body gave out. You can't take that much punishment to your body without dying later.

So how does Batman do it? Does he secretly take dips in the lazarous pit?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0519637/
batman.wikia.com/wiki/Harold_Allnut
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Man, this is never not relevant.

I like Grant Morrison but I don't like this quote

Based

No duh. It probably uses airless tires.

I was basically gonna say It's a fucking superhero comic book. How didn't Batman age since 1940?!?!?!

This is dumb

Doesn't he constantly work out and use his knowledge in medical science to make serums and other healing shit for himself(that doesn't actually exist)? That's what I always assumed.

>You can't take that much punishment to your body without dying later.
lol
Yeah that's why everyone dies. Thanks for the info!

No, he uses meditation techniques. I don't recall him using serums or other forms of medicine, but that would be cool.

He's a meta-human, but doesn't admit it.
His healing factor is good enough to keep him going.

Same. Wwe wrestlers do. Inb4
>fake

I like the theory that humans in the DCU are so durable compared to us because a large chunk of them are descendants of Vandal Savage.

>muh it's a fiction, so fuck you arguement.

Well lads, Sup Forums was great, but as there is no point discussing pointless shit anymore, it'll just be a couple of storytimes a month from now on and little else.

However, if we are going to avoid being pricks and explore the OPs question...

Yeah, sometime, but usually by falling in or getting dipped. In DKR3 recently old Bruce finally got fatally wounded, and Superman dipping him. I think he's been dipped several times before.

Knightfall also explores what happens when a smart villain actually takes advantage of the fact a normal man can't fight forever.

However (comics rules aside) you are over estimating how much punishment Batman actually takes. Only the big hitters (Croc, Bane, Clayface) really give him a proper beating, and the truly skilled enemies (Deathstroke, Shiva, ect), but for the most part he's usually disarming and beating thugs, not really getting hit all that much.

A lot of time passes between what we see sometimes. Long Halloween and Dark Vengence covered an entire couple of years, I believe, and he barely throws any punches for much of it. Being Batman, when something 'big' that is worth us following occurs, typically involves sitting on rooftops and Gargoyles being alert-yet-emo for any purse snatchings, and doing research on the computer and shitposting on Sup Forums.

It's not going to be vasty different for other human heroes either, and ones like Green Arrow and Huntress rely on weapons. Even the Robins tned to favor a melee weapon that gives them extra reach and defense.

>when something 'big' that is worth us following occurs

...it's different, and being Batman typically involves sitting on rooftops and Gargoyles being alert-yet-emo for any purse snatchings, and doing research on the computer and shitposting on Sup Forums.

Fuck this fucking keyboard.

Batman actually has a healing factor and doesn't tell anyone.

Thats the old batman. Snyders batman is always fighting to the death and has him bleeding with cuts and bruises in every story arc he has. No idea how he survives.

>nobody pumps the tires
That's just lazy writing, besides there was like this whole batman tas ep about batman's mechanic who got found by the Penguin
imdb.com/title/tt0519637/
and apparently this guy:
batman.wikia.com/wiki/Harold_Allnut

That's fair, but aside from Supersons, WoWo's redone origin, Outlaws and the Watchem overarcing plot, Nu52/Rebirth is shit. I would say I love Superman, but even he is (mostly) a survivor of Post-Crisis.

Still, outside the current (what, month or so?) of time, I think you are still suppose to assume he isn't always getting the shit kicked out of him.

>that smile on Trevor's face whilst shooting Diana