Mr. Blobby loves you, Sup Forums

Mr. Blobby loves you, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220390/Pictured-The-abandoned-ruins-Mr-Blobby-theme-park-ravers-trash-site.html
youtube.com/watch?v=fIfpzV5zLII
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/see-final-resting-place-mr-5681249
youtube.com/channel/UCfZm6BXVnixnsux_YcoPFPA
youtube.com/watch?v=gB3EWEYRf-8
youtube.com/watch?v=pPrcr5Mj4y0
youtube.com/watch?v=RP9ky6rN1Z4
youtube.com/watch?v=NPAuSR_dDpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_PXP5RC00
youtube.com/watch?v=iYXOWyCL4j4
youtube.com/watch?v=UHJgFJTEHLI
youtube.com/watch?v=jzX4jzUyolE
youtube.com/watch?v=_0koJNOs3tU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mv9Hp0yEPYY
youtube.com/watch?v=yV82Dgx32wQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want Mr Blobby to go away.

What did he do to Spider-Man in that picture, exactly?

Fucked him.

The fuck is Mr. Blobby?

these have to be intentional.

youtube.com/watch?v=rNkgDJpcuwU

Who thought this character design was a good idea for a children's show? What were they thinking

is that Spider-Man on his nose

HE ABSORBED SPIDER-MAN?!

I'm sensing extremely high levels of evil in this thread right now

>be 20ish years ago
>used to watch Mr.Blobby on tv with dad
>Had older gentlemen neighbour who was obese
>outside one day with dad
>See over weight neighbour
>"LOOK DAD IT'S MR.BLOBBY!"
>dad shushes me and tells me that it's not okay to call people "Mr.Blobby"
>still can't remember what happened to that guy, think he died of cancer.
Feelsbadman

Jesus

A potted history of Mr. Blobby for non Bongs:
>created for a comedy/entertainment show as an intentionally annoying and unfunny spoof children's character
>celebrities were tricked into thinking they were on a real kid's show and humiliated, much laughter
>character actually starts to become popular with kids
>has a novelty single, which tops the charts at Christmas
>laughter stops
>Mr. Blobby is merchandised the hell out of
>Mr. Blobby theme parks
>the nation prays for it all to end before Mr. Blobby is elected PM and makes Noel Edmonds Chancellor
>happily the Japanese kill off Mr. Blobby with Tamagotchis and Pokemon before he can do any more damage

>tfw you were part of the Mr Blobby generation

What the fuck were we thinking? He is the worst stain on British cultural life I can think of.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1220390/Pictured-The-abandoned-ruins-Mr-Blobby-theme-park-ravers-trash-site.html
Early-mid '90s Britain was a very weird fucking place culturally. Now when everybody looks back at "the '90s" people only tend to think of "radical" American culture. Britain wasn't really like that, at all.

It was a strange time, I remember pretty much everything just felt safe and dull, the Cold War had ended and John Major was PM. How could it really feel any different? Everybody had a 1st gen Ford Mondeo and floral print three piece suites. If the decade had a theme it should be Morrisey's "Every Day is Like Sunday". But then we also had really biting cynical comedy like Brass Eye.

In Sup Forums terms though, as a kid I enjoyed it. Duckula, Animals of Farthing Wood, Transylvania Pet Shop, Albert the 5th Musketeer... BTAS was on a weekend morning iirc, I always looked forward to that.

his nose is spiderman

Somebody post the picture. You know the one.

wait, is this image an edit of that image?

He's fun where he's an extremely rare, short appearence.

>How tha FUCK were you allowed near kids?

This is some Spooky Kids level shit right there

Never forget.

>this thread
Jesus christ britbongs

Scrolling through an image search makes his rise and fall look like that of a real celebrity.

>Mr Blobby thread
Some things should be forgotten forever.

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/see-final-resting-place-mr-5681249

>The final resting place of Mr Blobby has been found - his former tourist attraction home rotting away in the middle of woods.

>Squalid remains of 'Dunblobbin' were discovered nestled deep in grounds of the stately home at Cricket St Thomas, Somerset.

>Its run-down state mirrors the pink and yellow mumbler's spectacular fall from grace from his one time starring role on Noel's House Party.

>Initially Dunblobbin was part of the Crinkley Bottom theme park but after it was sold the Blobby house left to rot.

>In 1994, at the height of their success, Edmonds opened the Crinkley Bottom theme park, which he described as offering an unrivalled family day out in the company of one of the country's biggest stars.

>However, Blobby later became a figure for ridicule when the New York Times described the pink and yellow mumbler as "a metaphor for a nation gone soft in the head".

>With Edmonds's and Blobby's celebrity status dwindling Crinkley Bottom began to struggle, and was forced to close its doors in 1999.

>The theme park was renovated and turned into a hotel and wildlife park, but the annexed Dunblobbin was left to its own devices, and began to rot in the nearby woodland.

>"My aim for doing explores like this is to document places for future generations, who will be able to see what these places looked like, and to shame the owners into doing something with these places."

What the actual fuck?

We sealed him away for a reason, Nigel. Don't disturb that grave.

JFC I thought this was a joke. Like a skit off of Wondershowzen or something.

I remember when this guy was everywhere.
What the fuck were we thinking?

I know why you're posting this.

Its our pepperoni secret.

He's the Constantine of our time. When Britain's need is greatest he will be released from his marble tomb under Stonehenge and wreak havoc on the invaders.

Blobby's still around and handles his own Youtube Channel now. He's even on the road.
youtube.com/channel/UCfZm6BXVnixnsux_YcoPFPA

>That one appearance on TV where Blobby scared a fucking Dalek.
youtube.com/watch?v=gB3EWEYRf-8

youtube.com/watch?v=pPrcr5Mj4y0

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks.

>the lunge he does at Jack
>him screaming Jack's name.
>"HOW THE FUCK WERE YOU ALLOWED NEAR KIDS!?"
>The Teletubby bit
>"JIMMY! JIMMY! ...KISS!"
>Runs through the set
>"YEAH CLAUDIA!?"
>the clapping

I'm not sure what it is but you're post makes my sides accelerate around the planet at dubious velocities and smash into each other forming elementary particles of pure mirth.

>He's just an asshole who wrecks shit
I can get behind that
>the fucking voice
No.
youtube.com/watch?v=RP9ky6rN1Z4

youtube.com/watch?v=NPAuSR_dDpQ
>Say his name 3 times and he appears

youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_PXP5RC00
>Mr. Blobby was better in Ghost Busters then the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man.

>youtube.com/watch?v=fIfpzV5zLII

youtube.com/watch?v=iYXOWyCL4j4

>Blobby is on the road now.
>He's traveling to other countries.

This is how we reclaim the empire.

SEND HIM VICTORIOUS
BLOBBY AND GLORIOUS

So this is a true demon.

It's because Noel Edmond was huge over here in the 90s. Now he's just the Deal or No Deal Guy but during the Noel's House Party era he was basically just a skilled shitposter and would come up with the stupidest shit to see what he could get away with. Look at the shitty "theme park" he made for example.

Blobby was simply the most successful of his experiments. A demonic hideous clown where the joke was that it was terrible.

I feel like Noel read the KLF's Manual and applied it to light entertainment.

I remember going to the Mr.Blobby theme park, and how both my parents were bored shitless and were rushing to me to try out all the rides so they could get out of there as soon as possible. To add insult to injury my dad had his wallet stolen.

Safe to say my dad built up such an unnatural hatred towards Noël Edmonds and anything pink after that day.

Blobby totally stole his wallet, didn't he?

>Blobby scteaming JAAAAAACK!
>YES CLAUDIA!
>Dara keking his ass off.

Every fucking time its probablly the best moment on BFQ God damn i wish we had shows like these in the states.

fuck you britbongs how come you get all the good Celebrity comic panel shows, 8 out of ten cats does count down & would i lie to you are fucking magic too. Jimmy Carr is a national treasure

does British kids tv still have horrifying suit creatures?

>HIS EYE HAS COME OFF
>Blobby just fucking face plants and lays there for the rest of the show

Last one that I remember doing that was the Tweenies.

M I K E

That's Blobby?

my favourite picture from that place

I had completely forgot about this show. I think I only watched like four episodes of it and I can't remember a single episode plot out of any of them, but I do remember that damn suit and her human form.

If we're talking horrifying suit creatures, any parent who let their kids watch these fuckers were bad parents.

So Mr. blobby ended up being a early example of "ironic shitposting is still shitposting" by showing us that "Any community that gets its laughs out of pretending to be idiots will eventually be overrun with actual idiots who think they're in good company" is real and do often happen?

My favourite British celebrity panel show moment will always be the Preston saga on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

youtube.com/watch?v=UHJgFJTEHLI

Spidey's alright

Ha

Where's Brazils equavilent? You know the wooly brown thing, with the jowls.

>its horrifying
>AND THEN IT SPEAKS
jesus fucking christ, brits. what the FUCK

He's supposed to be aggravating and a complete trainwreck. It was, and still is funny in the proper situation like his appearence in on the quiz show.

We just let it go down the wrong path.

I don't care about Mayweather vs MacGregor, but I would pay at least £2 to watch Phil Mitchell Vs Mr Blobby

The only real memory I have of Mr.Blobby is that one song featuring him and that time he stole a football from some children and ran.
This thread has been a treat.

He's evil.

Oh shit I remember that. He looked fucking old

Context:
jimllpaintit.tumblr.com/post/160305225089/
Jim is amazing. Well, if you're familiar with contemporary British culture he is. Otherwise you probably won't know who half the people are.

Is this where Black Mirror got the idea for that one episode where the blue bear character became PM?

This may be the greatest thing I've ever seen.

You're basically asking to see a a fight between Superman and Phil Mitchell.

>Phil Mitchell bottles superman over the head while in a drunken rage and wins
>then the ghost of Peggie comes up and drags superman's soul into hell

>YOU'RE BARRED, KENT! SLING YER 'OOK!

I used to love Mr Blobby but for the hell of me I could never understand what possessed Noel Edmonds to imagine he wouldn't lose a fortune building a theme park around him

You wouldn't go to a theme park where the mascot almost drunkenly wrecks shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=jzX4jzUyolE

He didn't, he made £950,000 because the dumb council in Morecambe where it was built agreed to pay him a fixed fee in return for keeping all the ticket profits for the first three years of operation.

Of which they were none, because the park only stayed open for 13 weeks.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0koJNOs3tU

youtube.com/watch?v=Mv9Hp0yEPYY

I'd rather drown then get saved by Blobby.

This is some meme magic shit here.

>make a joke character
>it takes over a country

And it's SPREADING. He's on the road now.

He tried to take over New York
youtube.com/watch?v=yV82Dgx32wQ

It happened here, too.

>from Blobby's twitter

Pottery.

This is fucking scary.

>JACK