Why do writers for Marvel cinematic media have a pathological drive to waste talented actors and actresses?

Why do writers for Marvel cinematic media have a pathological drive to waste talented actors and actresses?

Because keeping them on cost a huge fuck ton of money. Easier to bring them in just for temporary parts to attract a crowd outside the expected demographics.

Thanks for reminding me that if Eccleston was given a good script, he could've been an amazing Malekith.
Fuck, I'm still mad.

bump

What's the matter OP? Don't you like Elektra?

Why not do something good with them while you have them?

why put in time and work when you can just fly by the hair on your ass and still get tons of people to watch your stupid ass fucking shit?

>Hugo Weaving
>Mickey Rourke
>Sam Rockwell
>Christopher Ecclestone
>Mads Mikkelsen
>James Spader
>Guy Pearce
>Sigourney Weaver
And that's only villains. How do you fuck up so many good actors?

It's funny that people say that the MCU should just create their own villains, when we see how they butcher already existing villain, it's pretty clear that their own ideas would suck even more.

>>Sam Rockwell
I'm SO FUCKING MAD they haven't brought him back! He was one of the best parts of Iron Man 2 and his character isn't dead! What's the reason not to bring him back?

Red Skull was great. I just wish he hadn't died.

Because his role was just "a pathetic Tony Stark" which isn't compelling, interesting, or worth seeing again.

Disney was never going to touch a former Nazi for any longer than the barest minimum possible.

He was in The Mandarin short

And everyone, even casuals are getting sick of the old "White Business Man" villain Marvel uses in its more tech-based heroes.
>Iron Man
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3
>Ant-Man

I think the last three was the time Marvel realized that villains like these are overdone.

Winter Soldier had it, but not as bad.

I'm pretty sure the writers have nothing to do with the casting.

>Mads Mikkelsen
People keep saying he should be Doom, but I really think he'd make a great Roderick Kingsley. He's pretty good at portraying that type of cold, calculating sociopathy.

He was more of head of security than a business man. Hence why I didn't put him in, that and Winter Solider was just well directed, well written, well acted and had a solid consistent balanced tone of serious and funny, more so serious.

If Hobgoblin does show up, who should play him. Seeing he's a fashion designer.

As opposed to the DCEU which wastes every single actor thrown at it?

The guy in Ant-Man had a power armor that shot lasers.

>As opposed to the DCEU which wastes every single actor thrown at it?

Surely you can set the bar higher than that.

>tfw the final fight between Thor and Malekith was just the two of them going for a multiversal roll in the hay before Malekith took a ship to the face

So did Obidaiah Stane and, at one point, whatever the fuck his name was in Iron Man 3.

>someones talking bad about MCU
>better bring up DC films for no actual reason
You and everyone like you are some of the saddest fanboys I've ever seen.

Nothing against Sigourney Weaver, but imagine how much better the show could have been if she wasn't eating up a good chunk of the budget standing around doing fuck all in fancy clothes.

He didn't tho, he was pretty clearly teleported in a manner similar to the bifrost.

>whataboutism
And even the DCU does a better job.

The problem was that she was severely underwritten.
>classy, immortal lady that's afraid of dying
That's all she ins from beginning to end. The writers never made her menacing or even that tragic. She was just there to listen to classic music and eat. Which I guess is the reason Weaver took the gig.

I mean it's good that they got a real actress for the part, because she at least managed to give her some gravitas, but frankly why did they need her, when they had Madam Gao is beyond me.

Prestige

>Look, we have this washed up actor who made great things on the past/won an Oscar on our latest turd and s/he's saying how complex our universe is and how much fun s/he has on the set. Aren't we fun and deserve a over 90 score on Rotten Tomatoes?

Sure, and SHIELD still having The Leader means he'll show up again.

>covering up kat denning's monster tits

Worse than Hitler