Childhood is when you idolize Olga

Adulthood is when you realize Helga makes more sense

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=su8IHV0AH2o
youtube.com/watch?v=x5_Jq0DVjz8
youtube.com/watch?v=pbmHgLH4xyM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Helga was a cunt

I would have married Olga, that one guy in that one episode sucked.

Forgetting about Leela?

>idolizing Olga
wait people did this? Weren`t there scenes specifically made to show here she`s a crying sack of shit and human like everyone else? I`d fucking idolize Big Bob more for owning a business, and a damn good one at that era.

You mean worst girl?

Self-Actualization is realizing that pheobe was the best girl

Helga is more relatable, understandable, developed, in depth (especially after season ~1-2), sympathetic, and ultimately more human. She is perhaps the most real character in the entire show, which explains why the creators actually planned to have a spinoff called 'The Patakis'; but was scrapped due to Nickelodeon wanting to focus more on changing their brand to being more liveaction, which is still predominantly in effect today.

It's a shame. We missed out on something that could've been truly special

I never really idolized Olga (probably because growing up, I also had a sibling that frequently overshadowed me) but when I became an adult I saw that Olga, ultimately, meant well and she did TRULY love Helga. Hell, she was basically the only family member that treated her with any semblance of respect what with Big Bob being neglectful and Miriam being a drunk. Smoothies, my ass.

Olga > Helga

Deal with it, stalkers.

Sorry for your lack of taste

Indeed.

Yet the irony is that Nickelodeon's liveactions have severely dwindled in quality and they still never recovered from their 'animation dark-age'.
But at least there will be a movie to truly end the original show, actually made by the original creators
youtube.com/watch?v=x5_Jq0DVjz8

Deep down we all wanted to be as successful as Olga, or perhaps even be as beloved.

But Helga was always the more interesting and overall stronger character with the most depth and realism. This is largely why she was not just easily the better of these two characters, but perhaps the best in the show.

When I was a kid I liked Olga a lot because she reminded me of my own older sister, who was also 12 years older than me, dressed similarly to Olga (only more goth), was an overachiever, was super nice and friendly, even had similar hair sometimes. It completely went over my head that Olga was at all maladjusted. I just thought women that age were prone to hysterical crying fits and that it was perfectly normal, because my own sister had them all the time too.

>liking olga ever
nope

>Seeing the trailer for the first time.
>I remember most of the episodes during the film.
>Wait, who filmed all of this?

>Wait, who filmed all of this?
Helga, with a creepy stalker camera

>mfw reading fanfics

Why do I do this to myself?

Why is it so bad yet it feels so good?

So female human bojack basically? Except she resolved her issues in minutes

This is coming out in November, right?

Actually, The Pataki's was pitched to MTv, which already had Daria (which was struggling in the ratings), who passed on it. Set post Jungle Movie, it was Helga at 13, helping out Phil at the boarding house, Olga moved back in with her folks and Miriam in AA. Sounded promising, especially after seeing Craig Bartlette's "Party Wagon", which was more adult humor oriented.

Because she's just such a great character. There's nothing more fantastic to watch than an over the top, passionate person.

Go watch the extended version of the clip.

f%cebook.com/NickSplat/videos/1710462915923321/

It still pisses me off that we never got this show.

We got tjm, user, baby steps

She became overly cartoonish as the seasons went on. In this day and age that wouldn't stand.

>She became overly cartoonish as the seasons went on.

In what respect? She actually became far more nuanced over the seasons. At the start she was little more than a walking physical gag character, constantly injuring herself and making evil schemes. By the final seasons those characteristics were still there but more often than not she would interact with Arnold in more positive way and a lot of her backstory and family life was fleshed out.

Hey guys, instead of talking about some sloots, why not change the subject to Rhonda?

I just think she is a more interesting subject. She is obviously cuter and smarter. But that's just my honest and unbiased opinion.

Rhonda a cutite, i want to lick her feets

>cutite
i mean cuttie

HI RUTH HI RUTH HI RUTH HI RUTH HI RUTH

>made a business based on beepers
And Helga thought shed just take over the family business.

It sells cell phones as well.

I like Nadine more

Hey, it's absolutely okay to make bad decisions in life.

>even Adult Swim is trying to get in on the Nicksplat game now

I agree, we need Rhondafags so everybody else feels better about their taste

youtube.com/watch?v=pbmHgLH4xyM

What was yfw this scene came on in the movie

It was pretty amazing.

Please don't be bad please don't be bad please don't be bad please don't be bad

It just needs to not suck.

CRIMINY

Wait I thought the Patakis would have moved to a new city

>tfw too intelligent for Rhondafags

Nah I believe it's Arnold that moved. The Patakis was still set in Hillwood with all the other old characters.

I don't like how clean it looks. I liked the pencil outlines and more jittery frames. They evoked the grimy, inner-city vibe that Arnold had going for it.

Yeah i'm not a big fan of what they've tried to do. It just makes it look more like a flash.

Too much in one go. Cringed. But still fangirled. Best ship. I'm still sad she wasn't in her bodysuit like in the trailer.

"I need to lie down."
"Wonderful, I'll go with you"

>I'm still sad she wasn't in her bodysuit like in the trailer.

Why the hell didn't they use this? Too mature presumably.

I was young, but I fucking went nuts. "FINALLY!" I shouted. And then at the end of the film they backtracked and my rage was felt by the devil himself.

Did... did they give Helga tits? She looks like she has tits.

>Did... did they give Helga tits? She looks like she has tits.

Judging by my calculations. Yes.

>calculations
Show your working.

So this movie is a couple of years ahead of the first movie/series, by the looks of it.

Just a year

Hiroshimoot won't let me link my references.

So Helga is an early bloomer. Intredasting.

>So Helga is an early bloomer. Intredasting.

Is that even surprising? She's already tall as hell compared to the boys by the end of the series' run.

Girls typically grow sooner than boys anyway, but for Helga to have tits beyond mere nubs is at the age of 11 is still quite young.

>Lila's probably just simple and shallow, and only looks brilliant because she has a watch. Sure, she looks pretty and acts smart, and... and she’s funny and kind and popular, but... that’s still no reason to go all ga-ga over her! I mean, what’s she got that I haven't got? OK, so maybe I’m not pretty, and I’m not popular, and maybe I don’t act nice and sweet and kind like Lila always does, that still doesn’t change the fact that I’m the one, the one and only one who truly loves Arnold... if only he could see past my mean, blustery veneer, and into my soft, mushy interior, wherein, I adore him!

Childhood is when you hate Lila
Adulthood is when you realize she is best waifu.

HA dump

>ywn have a red headed gf with a southern belle accent
fuck this gay earth

Childhood is when you like Lila and think she's "better" for Arnold.
Adulthood is when you realize Helga and Arnold are meant for each other because their love is pure and not based on meaningless chemical infatuation. Arnold would be happier with Helga than he would anyone else, and he gradually figures that out during the series. This is how Arnold matures in love.

>he gradually figures that out during the series. This is how Arnold matures in love.

Seriously. One of the last episodes of the show is about him coming to this realisation explicitly.

Kinda. Olga just crumpled in on herself and that's it. BoJack hurts everyone around him and then crumples in.

>Inflation skyrockets, unemployment soars, baby born with winning lottery ticket? That's it! I’ve decided I’m running for President!

They balance each other out.

I'm almost glad we aren't getting the patakis since Helga and Arnold broke up and went their separate ways. It doesn't do justice to the huge romantic buildup of the series. It's the biggest FUCK U HERE BOMB to the ship.

What. The. Fuck.

Adult Helga has a nice gap.

They worked for the altruist. The football head.

Arnold?

They apparently write to each other in that show, and she still has her thing for him

This is not stated anywhere but I'd like to think the ending or maybe the last season of The Patakis is Arnold coming back

best christmas episode ever. feels were had.

They are confirmed OTP and the purpose of the Pataki's was to get Helga to learn to love herself and Arnold some space to grow.

"Originally there was going to be a series which I pitched to Nick 15 years ago focusing on Helga and her and Arnold would have been a item prior to the events, but Arnold moved away to live in San Lorenzo with his parents I believe and they would have gotten back together in the finale and they were both meant for each other, they get married have kids and life and life a happy life."

-Craig-

>you will never make Helga's girlhood tremble
Why even

Childhood is when you hate Lila for not choosing Arnold
Adulthood is realizing how fucking insane choosing a life partner in fourth grade is.

>OK, OK, you’re right! I can’t hide it anymore. You’ve seen through my tough, blustery exterior and into my soft, mushy, good-hearted center. It’s true: I’m not this bad. I guess I was just afraid to show my real feelings, but you knew it all along, didn’t you? I may be rough around the edges, but, deep down, I’m a good person, and... I don’t hate you. In fact, I sorta like you... I mean, I actually, I sort of, more than like you, I... I really like you... I really, really like you, and well, heck, I... I like you so much, that, you might say that I actually... love... that I actually... love...

>brown kid
Literally what

>GERALDed

Adopted San Lorenzo kid apparently.

That's kind of sweet, then.

eh 10-12 is around the time girls start getting noticeable breasts

I have a younger sister so I'm well aware of this fact

For onset of development, 10 is very young, 11 is young, 12 is about right, but they're not usually proper tits until 13. They're just beestings for a while.

>10 is very young

Nah. I remember a fair few girls in my year starting the process when I was 9.

That's even younger. I'm talking average here, user. Maybe it's your country's genetics or something in your local diet, but 9 is not generally normal, even if it is where you live.

I'd hit it.

Lewd.

Post moar comics plox

Moar

>teen date Helga

Cute.

That last one looks like
>So your date sucked too, huh?

>That "Wilikers" during sex ed
Fantastic.