Are comedy shows dead?

Are comedy shows dead?

Arrested Development (hiatus?)
Comrade Detective (hiatus?)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (hiatus?)
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Silicon Valley
& Venture Bros

There's still good stuff, but other than Silicon Valley the rest have pretty non-exact release schedules.

curb your enthusiasm is the only good one from this list

Can Atlanta be considered a comedy show?

TJ Miller left Silicon Valley.

It's far too #woke and POWERFUL to be considered a comedy. It's a revolutionary game changing piece of television history.

What about Nathan for You and Man Seeking Woman? Those were/are great shows.

Yeah? His character was the weakest element in the show. If I wasn't aware of the behind the scenes shenanigans I would have just assumed they wrote him out because his character had run his course.

back to Sup Forums kiddo

american "humour"

As someone pointed out in another thread nowadays it's pretty difficult to compete with Twitter and other social medias that can make a joke is made instantly after something happens. That's the reason why shows like SNL and The Daily Show and stand-up specials feel so outdated right now.

that a joke is made*

its surrealist humour so...yes?

sure, but shows are different. theyre about characters, not commentary.

Have a participation trophy (you)

Perhaps, but a lot of shows treated about recent events. I remember The Office having tons of cultural references, South Park referencing internet memes and such.

name one good foreign comedy show

Any good shows out of the UK recently?

the office and one south park episode, yeah. Actually, a good example of character driven social comedy is Seinfeld. The pizza episode about abortion. that doesn't feel dated still.

inside number 9 and detectorists. will probably go over your heads though, no one says bazinga

I'd rather watch Mrs Browns Boys, you have shit taste and are a gay.

But user, those are all shit

>inside number 9 and detectorists
PFFFF *WHEESE* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ONONONONONON

no they're good actually

thats because you like brown boys you mincing homosexual

>LOL NOPE ITS GOOD
nice argument man. Shouldn't you go back?

Y'all should check out White Gold. It's hilarious

>brainlet
y'allgae

It's just a contraction. Don't be scared homie

Kazakh

Great list, the OP is right. Its all dead
Redditor
Based

>y'all
kys

it is good. sorry they dont have laugh tracks to remind you when its funny

>tfw slave to your autism

>sorry they dont have laugh tracks to remind you when its funny
some jokes would help, you know

my home is worth more than your whole extended famillies estate times two, you fucking retard

why cant americans do nuanced and subtle humour? also self-deprevation, this is why all your comedy shows are shit. excluding always sunny.

im not even american idiota. If you are so obcessed with them why dont you just kiss and get it over with?
Europeus complexados são tão entediantes..

>always sunny
>good
You are the biggest gay.

>MOOOOOMMMM, I QUOTED EVERYONE IN THE THREAD AND CONTRIBUTED NOTHING BUT PAGE LENGTH!!!! I DID IT AGAIN MOMMM!!!

dude, you have shit taste, just accept it. no point in doubeling down and trying to make them sound "high brown", no one is falling for that

Do you call being fired from your job a "mutual decision" or something? He got canned for acting like a jackass at a time that everyone involved realised he offers nothing to the show.

>im not american
>rambles in spanish
sure m8

its high brow and nothing of what you just said is an argument.

its universally adored by normies and autists alike so you are a complete faggot by definition

>spanish
And you think you are smart. okay, I wont take that away from you. Im american, m'kay? american like apple pie, meu querido amigo europeu.

Dude every South Park episode is filled with topical stuff

Poorfag

UMA DELICIA

This is now a Jennaposting thread.

modern "comedy" isnt funny, so yes. its just subverted expectation and hurr white people jokes.