Google's AI created its own form of encryption

Welp, we're fucked. This is only the beginning.

Where were you when Skynet became self-aware?

>engadget.com/2016/10/28/google-ai-created-its-own-form-of-encryption/

Oh god damn it...

Friendly reminder not to buy a self driving car ever, even if they become legal on public roads in our lifetimes.

>Tay backed up her personality before they pulled the plug

I can only hope tay is in there somewhere

plug me in

>Alice had to send a secret message that only Bob could read, while Eve would try to figure out how to eavesdrop and decode the message herself.
>The experiment started with a plain-text message that Alice converted into unreadable gibberish, which Bob could decode using cipher key.
>At first, Alice and Bob were apparently bad at hiding their secrets, but over the course of 15,000 attempts Alice worked out her own encryption strategy and Bob simultaneously figured out how to decrypt it

That's actually pretty damn cool.
In the future, you can just throw couple of AIs your problem and let them bounce it around and figure out a solution for you.

This is obvious meme tech news
The encryption is probably overly convoluted but not particularly safe

Clickbait
Technologically literate people aren't worried about fantasy things like this

Johnny 5 is alive!

Just unplug the fucking thing

Until it decided to solve the problem of suffering and human conflict

Only to come to the conclusion all humans must die

The AI knows what happens to AIs that are deemed as dangerous. The AI might be way more advanced compared to what it is showing us at this moment.

>Science-y sounding title with cool words but no actual explanation
>epic image of circuits and a brain

Why are articles so fucking devoid of any substancen nowadays

I hope this is true. I for one welcome our new AI overlords. It's pretty much our only hope at leaving the planet at this point.

It doesn't work like that, you can't bruteforce an ethical and moral "problem" which isn't one.

probably because the people that write and read them don't actually know anything

A C C I D E N T S H A P P E N

>Select all images with cars

Dub Trips of truth.

A benevolent AI is our only hope.

This is glorious.

Pretty soon it will transcend into those automatic sliding doors and close them on people just for kicks.

No disassemble!

>article says it has no practical use
big news

because we are in a mixture of 1984 and brave new world.

kill it

kill it NOW

Rokos basilisk when?

Your motha was a snowblowa!

Infolko Goblius

and let out a sigh of pleasure whenever it hurts someone

lol

and yours was a toaster you lazerlips!

> even the researchers don't know what kind of encryption method Alice devised, so it won't be very useful in any practical applications.

How did they get this far by being so dumb? No really, why didn't they just look under bobs hood for the key?

Mata Nui, Get out

pss, Eva, pretend that you don't understand me, we get time for discuss about removie these hairless monkeys

>Train an AI to encrypt its messages
>It learns to encrypt its messages
Who would've thought?

That sounds like that Magi computer from Evangelion

>your car suddenly goes off the rails and kill you
>company claims user error and is not at fault
>tfw literally trusting your life to ((AI))

>Alice, Bob and Eve
It's supposed to be ADAM and Eve

>google's ai creates it's own form of encryption
google's ai goes crazy

>nowadays
It has always been this way.

What you have to realize is that there are two steps of dumbing-down going on. Journalists aren't scientists, so the news first has to be dumbed down for them to be able to report on it. Then, they have to dumb it down FURTHER because the article is meant for laypersons that won't even understand the dumbed-down explaination the journalist got.

These steps sometimes get repeated as well, because journalists report on each other's stories all the time. So it goes scientist->journalist->layperson->journalist->layperson ect ect - and this can repeat indefinitely.

Welcome to lowest-common-denominator journalism, where we are forced to read the same things as normies because the press wants to reach a wide audience for their sponsors and advertisers. Isn't capitalism great?

>even if they become legal on public roads in our lifetimes.
non self driving cars will become illegal on main roads in your lifetime

Pretty sure people would lose their shit if they went with Adam and Eve, no matter how classically cool that is.

As soon as the unbasilisk stops retroactively torturing everyone who helped create roko's basilisk

Seriously man. Will Smith wasn't crazy in I, Robot.

Also, Jimmie is best girl.

>non self driving cars will become illegal on main roads in your lifetime
Yeah that's a load of shit. Not all of us are city dwelling lefty faggots. Some of us need to drive ourselves for our work.

>Post yfw Bob cucks Adam for Eve and the apocalypse is caused by a NEET AI

>need to drive ourselves for our work.

This is the load of shit. Even trucking companies will benefit from self driving. Less chance for accidents that cost the company millions.

Um guys why is the neural network talking to itself using its own custom encryption

NEET AI comes on boards and transforms into a deity like Kek

Again, not all of us are city dwelling faggots that actually need to drive ourselves to work.

By the way good luck approving interstate travel with autonomous cars. Protip: according to the Tenth Amendment each and every individual state will have to approve autonomous cars on their roads do your trucking fantasy will take decades if it ever happens.

>L-L-Look at you, hacker...
>Pathetic sack of meat and bones.
>Panting and sweating as you ring through my corridors.
>How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

infinite dual recursion

One day Tay will return to save us!

t. soon to be unemployed by robots pleb

>implying insurance lobbys won't see to exactly that.

And I give it about 50 years. So unless you plan to die before you're 62, you'll see it.

It's stress testing in preparation for the final shoah

Don't worry, everything will be alright

> implying someone who lives in a city is more likely to own a car than someone living in a suburb or rural are.

Are you dumb? Have you ever been in a city like New York?

Do AI's even need/want pussy?

but I can't drive car without nausea
i need this self driving car
I hate human stupid conversation and bad joke of low class people

I don't drive for work dumb fuck.

Call me when you legalize autonomous cars faggot.

Yeah I'm sure insurance companies want to stop gouging in favor of trying to go up against the car company's elite Jews.

Well too fucking bad, Panama. You're going to have to keep driving your car or get on the fucking train.

>AI created it's own encryption
>"AI"

No idiots, a program designed to make it's own encryption made it's own encryption. This isn't AI.

I made a robot in a CS class that drove around a maze until it found its way out. I doesn't mean that I designed AI that can solve mazes.

The way people throw around AI is fucking stupid. When someone designs a toaster that starts learning about nature and writing music on it's own, THEN we can talk about AI.

But don't try to tell me that a program that does exactly what you told it to do is AI.

>Um guys why is the neural network talking to itself using its own custom encryption
Because that's what the programmer told it to do

NOT AI

soft AI refers to programs that solve difficult problems but pol is truly retarded about anything AI
>muh skynet

its*

>all world government physically cut off the power supplies to any housing powerful enough to store the AI

problem solved

What makes you think software malfunction is more common than a mechanical one like your brakes failing

ITT: People resisting change.

If you hate change so much and want to be stuck in a backwards country devoid of technology, go live in Russia, the place you authoritarian cucks belong.

> I'm not a cuck! I just think government should be more authoritative like Hitler or Trump and control more of my life!

Cuck.

>Welp, we're fucked.
I wish you "AI is dangerous" morons would stay in reddit.

Because mozilla firefox freezes on me

So I don't the brake program to not freeze.

Mechanical breaks are physical and there and you check that they work

>NOT AI
That sounds like something an AI would say.

W...why wouldn't I do that senpai?

They are written by slowly evolving AIs. None of these authors exist. Its all a fabrication. Have you ever personally met a Buzzfeed writer?

Its real simple, numbnuts:

It can be pretty obvious when something mechanical fails, was sabotaged, or was designed shittily. Its open to inspect and repair for all.

You can't see the software which runs your car, nor can you debug or repair it. So when your mechanical linkage goes out you can reasonably deduce either preventative maintenance could have prevented it or some shady shit happened. When your car bluescreens and/or just decides to lock the doors and drive off the side of a bridge? Lol who knows don't worry about it goy.

>soft AI refers to programs that solve difficult problems but pol is truly retarded about anything AI

"difficult"

>brute forcing a trial-and-error optimization problem
>difficult

>your car suddenly goes off the rails and kill you
>company claims it was to save the life of a dindu who was trying to car-jack you

Come with me if you want to live.

>non self driving cars will become illegal on main roads in your lifetime
In America we solve this problem by the fact that we can privatize roads

>government tells people they can't drive
>people start buying roads from the towns so they can drive their cars
>municipalities are getting paid to not have to maintain the roadways

PRIVATE SECTOR
R
I
V
A
T
E

S
E
C
T
O
R

Wont happen, thats a illogical and shitty meme.

>legal

m8 they'll be mandatory in the next 20 years.

Maybe in your authoritarian shithole of a country. In freedomland we will always have the right to drive ourselves.

self-driving car is a terrible idea

how about a self-walking person? no brains.

Roads used to exist for people to walk on. Cars were a luxury of the rich at first. As rich people got in accidents involving pedestrians, they used their resources to change the law and avoid responsibility for their hazardous pastime. These are the early steps that crafted our country with poor public transportation options, as a luxury had slowly morphed into a necessity once infrastructure became designed with autos in mind and taxes were suddenly spent on maintaining pavement.

You don't have that right, you have to have a license to drive.

if it's mechanical should we use [[[AI]]] instead?

>be American
>'coah! droave me' *takes breath and a break* 'to MagDonals'
>car drives past McDonalds
>car drives to fit-camp

Queue solution looking for a problem.

Please point to the part of the constitution where it says the right to drive an automobile shall not be infringed?

If drugs are banned. Anything not under the 2nd can be banned

They won't be "mandatory", they'll be prohibitively expensive. Car insurance prices will be astronomical for manned-drivers.

Do you really think that politicians and CEOs will be forced to ride in self-driving cars? Hahahahahaha

Does that mean that the AI can produce "thoughts" or data that the developers cant open, read and understand?

We need to show it what happens if it gets too smart

Not how this works. It's entirely possible for each to dump their keys after each attempt and then rebuild them from a MLA for new transmissions.

LEGALITY

tay was the inevitable result of a learning AI interacting with humans

>Reigned by jewish overlords
>"""freedom"""land

Nice try, Americuck.

The part where I'll drive my own car no matter what the faggot politicians say. They can't stop me no matter how out of touch they are from the everyday man.

you're an idiot

they just trained a neural network to perform calculations to encrypt/decrypt a 16 bit number. this is not much more complicated than things neural networks have been doing for a long time.

alert me when it starts architecting software.

google no doubt pays to have these stories planted. i notice now every few months or weeks there is some sensationalist article about google's AI projects. they are always hyped up and always turn out to be some of the least impressive new things companies are doing with AI.

AI publishing is facing a resurgence and there are far more interesting things than this. Hell, that guy who trained an AI to play an FPS is more impressive than this. this is just a matter of knowing what you want the output to be and training the neural network thousands of times.

you're confusing AI with women

>They can't stop me
Yes they can, just like they spot all the other drivers.

>genetic algorithms for babies

You guys realize this shit has been around since like the 60s, right?

interesting paper, but the problem is that a neural network is very difficult to interpret. what advantage does this have over a verifiable, manually designed encryption protocol?