Invader Zim #25

>Invader Zim #25
>November 8, 2017
>The climactic battle begins! Wait, no… ZIM’s been captured, so… THE CLIMACTIC BEING-CAPTURED BEGINS! Now a prisoner of VIROOZ, ZIM has a lot to answer for. Questions so burning, we wouldn’t think of spoiling them here. But now ZIM must fight for his life on a barren world against an enemy who’s really, really disappointed in him. Part four of a four-part story!

Will you miss it, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fXqWpOsdMQk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

holy shit, it's still going on?

>But now ZIM must fight for his life on a barren world against an enemy who’s really, really disappointed in him

Huh, interesting.

>against an enemy who’s really, really disappointed in him.

Oh, the comic's ending? That's too bad. There's so few comics I'm actually interested in, so sucks to lose another one.

Anyone have links to previous releases?

Okay, so, VIROOZ is a front and the antagonist is almost certainly a character from Zim's past. Place your bets.
>inb4 Tak

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

One of these guys, mark my words

Which one?

long ass wait

It's still one of Oni Press best sellers so I doubt it. Pretty sure they just means the conclusion to the story arc.

>Virooz has two O's
>Skoodge has two O's
What if...

>both dead

That's what *they* want you to think

LOOK COUNT CHOCULA!

>broken pak
dosent he need that to live?

Yep, Which is why this issue might be "serious"

Thats a cool pic, you got more user?

Just a few more badass Zim pics.

Nice! Feels like its hard to find this stuff.

All it takes is wading though Tumblr. It helps that you'll also find some blogs that also collects pretty good fanart.

Yeah, I agree. it just that sometimes wadding though mountains of shit for 1 good peice dosen't feel worth it.

that's creepier than i thought it would be

I hope they adapt the court episode they where planning to make and read on a panel once. That shit was hilarious.
Also,this 4 parter is probably the ending of this comic run until the movie comes out.

I have the patience, I'm shipping trash myself so I have high tolerance looking though tons of fanart.

Zim is creepy

>Also,this 4 parter is probably the ending of this comic run until the movie comes out.

Fuck I hope not, though It would be cool if Zim were to ''die'' in the comic to lead into the movie where he comes back ((hence Zim's little speech in the first trailer.))

Ah ic, thanks for posting these btw im saving them all.

Last one, see you all around

No prob.

Does Zim ever use his pak against dib? I mean look at tak and how much damage she did with hers to zims house. Feels like he really underutilizes it.

>he hasn't taken the zimpill

Zimpill me

Never. Zim's biggest enemy will always be his own incompetence.

I though it was because he's defective.

>Control Brains run everything, the Tallest are figureheads
>Irken snacks are modified with growth retardants as a means of controlling height
>They've also lost the ability to innovate, hence their reasons for conquering Vort
>Tallest Miyuki and Spork are still alive
>Membrane has access to Irken technology and has been reverse-engineering it for years
>Dib and Gaz are half-Irken
And that's just the entry-level stuff

where the fuck are you getting these sizzlor pics from??

I made them.

Also
>Sizz-Lorr was "reassigned" to Foodcourtia as Red and Purple were intimidated by his HIGH IRKEN VITALITY.

Sharing is caring user, especially since I find these pics halarious and quite well made, do you have one of pic related as sizzlor?

>Flatwoods Monster Zim

Not Alex Jones-enough, but I'll think about it. Truth be told I haven't made any new Sizz edits in over a month...I've been focusing my efforts into doodles instead.

>The Flatwoods Monster is actually an impossibly ancient Irken that terrorized residents of West Virginia with forgotten technology

You dont mind if you post your doodles? Fellow artist here and I like seeing the work of others. Pic is a request I did.

pic related and the like
if you've been around our zim threads you've probably seen them here and there

Delicious, I actually hope this is cannon but knowing Vasquez it wont

youtube.com/watch?v=fXqWpOsdMQk

Will the comics ever answer what happened to the puppy?

Canon or not, I still ship it.

I've also seen some of my other work posted on Sup Forums. Frankly I don't know whether to be embarrassed or flattered, but it brings a smile to me

Well I for one like your art! and you should be flattered, someone has saved your work on their computer

Disappeared in a teleporter experiment or some other science-related accident most likely

Does anyone have the latest issue of the comic? I'd love a storytime

That too, but watching most episodes you'll notice most of Zim's failures are his own screw ups then Dib actually stopping him.

I like the headcanon that Madness Dog was the puppy The Membranes use to have.

>Control Brains run everything, the Tallest are figureheads
This much is verified canon.

Seconding this, i cant find the gir goes evil and tries to kill zim ark.

Well, to be frank, none of my ramblings are totally baseless.
>Snacks
Isn't it interesting how there is so little height variation among common Irken, and the Tallest themselves used to be considerably shorter before taking on the role?
>Vortians
This was alluded to by Rikki Simons, who says Irkens are morons and need Vortians to keep building their stuff for them.
>Missing Tallests
Theory of a theory. In brief, Zim's "Infinite Energy Absorbing Blob" consumed all of time and space; ended up erasing its presence from the timeline, outside of a few isolated incidents (which is why nobody seemed to remember Miyuki and Spork disappearing until record of the events were dug up from Zim's PAK memory.) The two were simply displaced in spacetime, not destroyed.
>Membrane
Curious how Membrane's lab has a very Irken aesthetic, barring its color scheme. Not to mention, Dib's computers using the same operating system as Zim's base...
>Half-Irken
"I have a squeedilyspooch", "arm-control nerve", etc.

Yeah okay it's mostly bullshit but who cares? It's fun to think about.

The loophole in your snacks theory is that the Tallest fucking love snacks and are shown eating them constantly.

But you're really good at taking some silly jokes and weaving them into a really cool storyline.

>Vortians to keep building their stuff for them.
In the comics one of the Irkns has a shittone of Vortian brains attatched to his pak.

When the Control Brains modified their PAKs, it sent their development into overdrive. Rapid growth spurts left their bodies horribly emaciated, so they need to consume more carbs to keep up with their augmented physiology.

Also Membrane saved Miyuki from the Infinite Energy Absorbing Blob at the last minute when he was testing his teleportation technology and accidentally ended up on Irk. Myuki fell in love for him because of his impressive knowledge in SCIENCE and they had Dib and Gaz together.

Intriguing.

Or they like snacks because Jhonen Vasquez fucking loves snacks and sweets.

>In the comics one of the Irkns has a shittone of Vortian brains attatched to his pak.
got a pic of that?

they're not actually tall they're of average Irken height and are just wearing mech suits.

Also, the main ingredient in Super Toast is derived from a nutrient-packed Irken dietary supplement provided to the Tallest. Membrane originally developed it to help an ailing Miyuki, later marketing it to the general public.

I was leaning more toward Miyuki crash landed on Earth, but that works too.

Hmm, this plus The Trial script might explain why the world brains let Zim live so long. He's actually very creative and inventive for his race. Granted he's an example of what happens when you always buff INT and use WIS as your dump stat, but that still makes him a fucking genius in a race of idiots who literally let their backpacks do their thinking for them.

Issue 4 Page 4

That's boring as fuck user.

You dont have to beleive it, I'm just stating the obvious.

This book has arcs? This book has a story? I never got into it. I flipped through a few pages, and I thought it was all one off comedy gag stories. I figured Zim wouldn't be the same without the constant screaming. I thought a plot would make up for that, but I didn't think this had one.

Well his first job as a scientist for Miyuki
back when they still had scientists and worked cooperatively with other races

That was one considered possibility, yes, but Jhonen retconned.

Just like Membrane originally not being Dib and Gaz's surname

Issues 1-2 and Issues 22-25 are arcs - the rest are self-contained.

Gaz is very cute when she has here eyes open.
Post more cute!

Well that kind of sucks.

With my worry about the lack of over the top voice acting helping things along, how does the comic stand up? Do the stand alone issues provide lore? Or just... random shit?

i put together all 25 issue covers in a handy collage for the thread
here you go

I loved the design of Zim in this issue.

I like this guy's Zim best, with the Grinch grin wider than his head, the fleshy green antennae, and the insectoid arms.

Don't forget in issue 4, he was able to reverse engineer top-secret teleportation technology that was still in its testing stages made by this guy and his Vort brains, helped build the Massive with and built a time machine when even Prof.Membrane said time travel was merely theoretical. Zim is kind of a genius prodigy and Membrane would probably consider him perfect suitor material for Gaz.

It's a shame Zim was too good at superscience and made an uncontrollable energy monster. He'd do a lot better in this field than as an invader.

a lot of comic covers have such great composition.

He was assigned to be a scientist since the day he was born. Zim chose to become an Invader by his own free will, most likely one of the reasons why he was defected.

They are very eye catching.