Why did Hogwarts never have a school shooting?

Why did Hogwarts never have a school shooting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dr5zOx9q4n8
gunviolencearchive.org/reports/total-number-of-incidents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because magic is better than sex

Because it's not in America. Since 2013 there have been 300 school shootings. Roughly that's one shooting a god damn week up until this date. Imagine school wide cursings or the one mudblood that used a spell to replicate his dad's gun and then pulled a columbine before being struck by lightning or something.

>nothing bad happened in this work of fiction so I should be allowed to shoot people
Coolio

im surprised this guy is still around

Because adult wizards are always armed. Any teacher is almost a soldier themselves, and you have people like snape and dumbledore who are one man armys.

Also, anyone in the last 2-3 years of schooling can defend themselves fairly decently.

What an inaccurate statistic. The number is actually over 9,000 school shootings per week, even more during the summer months when random penis inspection days are more frequent.
We have to ban guns now

did you miss the part where the entire school is under attack

when talking gun violence school shootings are statistically irrelevant
it's literally blacks using illegally obtained guns doing all the shooting but this will never be allowed to discuss in the mainstream

should've just banned Voldemort

Go cry about it, Jimmy.

Tom Riddle set a giant basilisk on students. Then Ginny by way of Tom's diary. Grindelwald was expelled from Durmstrang for whatever he did to students. That's what's just in the books. There's obviously a lot of stuff that goes on that's not explicitly stated in the books.

Daily reminder that defense against black magic is in fact black magic

but it did, voldemord was was a student there so in the last part the battle is pretty much just one big school shooting

when are they going to take action and make murder illegal??

Fake news shill thread

Fuck off back to tumblr namefag

>flags of slovakia/slovenia and norway
WE

But wands and magic are extreme regulated

fuck off shitlib

Son, its fiction. Its pretend. If it isn't stated in the books it doesn't happen. It's not a window into a another real world, its fantasy.

Excellent usage of memes! Upvoted!

who are you quoting

What went so wrong?
You were the chosen ones right wing posters and now you're just as low IQ as the liberals

serbia

But Hogwart's exists to teach kid wizards how to use magic, right? Schools don't exist to teach kids how to use guns.

Hogwart's is more of like a military academy; it makes sense that they have wands. They are somewhere that they are being trained to use their "guns" in a safe and responsible manner.

Also it's a fucking wizard story written for 12 year olds, Harry Potter is for fags

>using Harry Potter references to argue politics

I'm not Potter fan, but can't be used for a lto of shit? It's kind of an indispensable tool for a wizard. An AR is literally only used to shoot people

that's the joke, liberals do it all the time and using the same tactics is the only way you can reason with those lunatics.

a lot of shit*

>drumpf is literally Hitler, Anakin Skywalker, and Voldemort rolled into one!
>we are Dumbledore’s Army! #resist

Hogwarts literally had the non-muggle equivalent of school shootings multiple times.
Sadly the ‘Care of Magical Creatures’ course, never mentioned how to deal with yhe creature known as the “Share Blues”

an assault rifle is the standard issue weapon of the US army. The second amendment guarantees that every citizen has a right to a primary weapon, because it is ludicrous to suggest that a mere pistol guarantees your ability to form a militia. A militia can only be as effective as the second amendment intends if it is composed of men with primary weapons. Without primary weapons the purpose and intentions of the second amendment are inherently undermined.

>someome thought he was smart while typing that
Lmao

it’s mocking liberals who make arguments like that you autist

>troll attacks
>werewolf attacks
>giant snakes petrifying people on the order of a book ghost
>dead kids being sacrificed for wizard hitler
>dumbledores army a secret militarized training club
>wizard hitler took the school over at one point

Is this a joke post? Hogwarts was more dangerous.

>Schools don't exist to teach kids how to use guns.
boot camp?

>Mike Enoch
>implying this fetal alcohol syndrome looking alt-righter is smarter than any libtard

That's asinine. Maybe if you counted every kid who brought a gun to school.

True, but that's not really the argument the pic in OP was making. He compared an AR to a magic wand. It's a different thing to argue against gun control on purely legal grounds.

>Higwarts is not in America
I bet you are one of those people who think HP isn't an American movie.
But it is. Everyone has guns and the government cannot and doesn't intend to remove them.

300 school shootings where less than half that number of people died. Your bias number considers a redneck retard shooting a squirrel on school grounds as a school shooting.

What house would the hat send him to?

>an assault rifle
Stopped reading right there. "Assault rifle" is liberal newspeak for weapons with barrel shrouds and collapsible stocks. And AR does not mean Assault Rifle, dipshit.

hufflepuff

Also, pretty sure the rifles allowed given to the army are way more effective, but I see can see that argument.

AR's are used for a stasticially insignificant amount of crime though, and they'd be used for even less if you ameritards would stop having such a huge murder boner

That's the point, brainlet, it's retarded as satire.

>niggers shoot each other
>two dead gang members

>the neighbor's kid, who "always kind of kept to himself, just a weird kinda kid you know?" indiscriminately fires into a classroom full of children
>10 dead innocent children

I understand what you mean about gun violence among blacks, but clearly the conversation is about using guns as tools for mass murder.

Yes, gun violence is a plague among the black community, but it's a symptom of a larger disease: the crime at the root of these communities. Fix the crime, less gangs, less shootings. You don't even have to enact any gun legislation for that.

But when it comes to mass shooters, the situation gets a little less black and white. These aren't niggers with a Saturday night special getting ready to shoot each other because "he lookin at my bitch, nigga," with seven rounds in the clip, they're using long guns with a higher magazine size. They're not chimping out on a street corner, they're entering a school or a church or a mall or a theater or a concert and murdering people with cold calculation.

Tldr: it's apples and oranges. There's better arguments against gun control than "but niggers shoot each other!" No one cares about niggers, we know this.

House M.D.

its not satire you dumbnuts

its a real argument

Maybe go look up satire, genius

i don't see how your autistic /k/ semantics is relevant but ok, the point is the citizens need a weapon that can compete with what the soldiers are using or they aren't really forming a real militia, they're forming a neutered shallow shell of a militia that couldn't actually defend itself from an organized threat.
yes this is true and even this is already pushing it in terms of undermining the intentions of the second amendment, the civilian versions are clearly neutered but they are still effective semi-auto rifles and the army mostly uses their rifles in semi-auto or burst anyway. If you take away the rifles(assault or otherwise I don't care how autistically you want to categorize high-capacity semi/full auto rifles)then you've gone from being a "living interpretation" into a straight-up attack on the power of the citizenry and a short-sighted strategic weakening of the american position.

Yeah, but I don't think the argument is for crime in general. It's about mass shootings, where ARs and guns like that are like 60% of the weapons used. Although a lot of the time the FBI could've stopped these things from happening with existing laws.

The kinds of murders that use pistols are mostly gang related anyway, which is caused by an entirely different set of problems.

The only thing their rifles have different than a civilian rifle is a select fire option for fully automatic fire (although this takes the form of a 3 round burst on the later iterations of the M16 rifles).
Before the Hughes amendment in the mid 80's, there was no practical difference between military and civilian rifles.
Considering that most gun crime was (and still is) done with pistols, fully automatic fire was never a real issue.

>Political threads on Sup Forums are better than political threads on Sup Forums

Is it kino?

if you are so intelligent how about you bring satire here, so everyone else on top of myself can see how dumbnut you are.
scared to be wrong?

>If someone else is retarded, that means I can say retarded things too and no one will care!
>and if they do, I'll call it satire!
>it's okay because I was PURPOSEFULLY being a retard

Slytherin, of course.

>i don't see how your autistic /k/ semantics is relevant but ok, the point is the citizens need a weapon that can compete with what the soldiers are using or they aren't really forming a real militia
Civilian AR-15s are semi-auto, it's not even close to the M16A4 and that's before we get into tactical weapons. The military is better equipped than even the most diehard enthusiast.

Dude it's clear you're a dumb fag so just stop posting.

there were various attacks in school by various things. Hell at one point harry might as well have had gun for as fast as he fucked malfoy up.

Most gun crime is with pistols, but it's also mostly gang related.

I think mass shootings, like the one in Vegas or Parkland, are a separate issue. I don't think banning ARs would stop mass shootings though. At most it would make them less deadly on average.

I can see that if you believe in always protecting yourself from the government.

if your status for kino is leftypol getting continuously blown the fuck out for years on end, then yes.
Sup Forums is nothing but false-flaggers, jidf, cianiggers, and shareblue shills in the current year.

>Reddit spacing
>Tldr
youtube.com/watch?v=dr5zOx9q4n8

Deaths caused by rifles make up only 4% of firearm fatalities. The idea of banning rifles to prevent firearm deaths is moronic.

Malfoy didn't kill hundreds of students.

Voldemort did. Why didn't they just ban Voldemort?

They tried.

>hey guys look how retarded I am
>jokes on you I was merely impersonating my boogeyman
user-kun you just went full retard

>starting a sentence with 'Because'

There are 330 million people in the US. Finland has more school shooting per capita.

that's really fucking dumb lmao

the wand is far closer allegorically to a smartphone than anything like a gun

do people who retweet this shit actually think it's valid?

>here's obviously a lot of stuff that goes on that's not explicitly stated in the books.
like group masturbation sessions accoridng to JK's twitter

I think the argument refers specifically to mass shootings. You can avoid the more common type of murder basically by not being in a gang. Mass shootings are a little different since they deliberately target large crowds of people and not specific people or gang members.

Voldemort was an outside force invading Hogwarts to wreak havoc.
>why didn't they just ban terrorists then 9/11 wouldn't have happened

He's going to make Slytherin great again

>sheltered sperg
>Malfoy haircut
Slytherin as fuck

"Mass shootings" as counted by statistics often includes gang violence, it's not just shootings that happen to involve white people.
You're equally likely to be hit and killed by a drunk driver than shot by someone that isn't yourself.
When are we banning alcohol? It has no nutritional value, no real practical purpose.

Why bother, when each kid can perform an Ava Kedavra at will, that's the equivalent of a magical Mexican standoff.

You're right. According to the Chicago Tribune the number is 188 school shootings since the year 2000.

ah, so you're one of those underage that can't admit he's wrong so he just keeping shifting the goalpost and digging himself deeper.
The army doesn't even train their soldiers to use the full auto setting and you can only make a modern rifle so much better, it's not like your shitty body armor is going to do much good against a high-penetration rifle anyway, the point is with an AR-15 you are much closer to an even playing field than you are with a fucking 9mm pistol, with the rifle you have a chance to pierce something and actually kill a soldier, with the 9mm there's no way you're getting through standard issue bodyarmor, as a resident of LA I know far too well how easily a couple of guys in body armor and assault rifles can just dominate hundreds of police officers armed with pistols for almost an hour, that wouldn't have happened if they had AR-15s, they could have pierced the bodyarmor and actually killed those men, but instead they all had 9mm pistols that were completely worthless in a real military scenario. That is exactly what happens if you have a "militia" with pistols or shotguns, you need assault rifles to even stand a chance. I've already admitted there have been compromises made via the living interpretation of the constitution in the supreme court, but you probably dont even know the cases so why bother you clearly missed the point I was making. There are limits to how far you can undermine the intentions of an amendment without actually repealing it, taking away AR-15s would be too far and make the "militias" utterly worthless. A militia with AR-15s is a militia of men who can pierce bodyarmor, and that's the different and a big one at that.

Mass shootings are statistically insignificant, and most are done with pistols.

Why would you expect something as exciting or dramatic as a school shooting from the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Not that guy. I see you're point but that's just downright unimaginative. A lack of creativity on a fundamental level. To cut of imagination to the boundaries of the medium. I suppose you can't imagine the characters because they're words, not drawings or people.

I'm talking about real mass shootings, not gang related ones.

A car is actually a requirement to live here.

You can't kill 47 people with booze. You can only harm yourself directly.

>niggers shoot each other
>two dead gang members

>the neighbor's kid fires into a classroom
>10 dead innocent children

The only difference is, the first one happens multiple time every single day
Second one happens like every three months or so
gunviolencearchive.org/reports/total-number-of-incidents

>school shootings are ok when not many people die
Yes goyim, nothing wrong with children living in fear. Most of them are white anyway so they deserve it.

>reddit spacing
If you don't have an argument just say do.

True enough, but as established, most of those crimes are just gang related or drug related or whatever. We can fix those gun issues without touching guns: work towards ways to reduce crime. Less gangs and crime, less gun violence.

Running through mass shootings is a common thread: rifles. A few use handguns, buut by and large these mass killings are committed with semiautomatic weapons.

I think a big problem with the gun debate is the extreme viewpoints. The idea that the right wants everyone armed at all times vs the left wanting to confiscate your guns and have you register anything pointier than a toothpick just serves to divide us further.

>expecting a book aimed at 12 year olds to be F. Scott Fitzgerald tier

Wait what

>When are we banning alcohol? It has no nutritional value, no real practical purpose.
we tried that once, didnt go well

Depends on your definition of mass shooting. I've seen stats that count suicide by pistol on school grounds as a school shooting. There's really no agreement on how to define these things on both sides.

Are we just going to ignore inconvenient numbers here? Gun violence isn't as big of an issue as it's portrayed to be.
We would have a much more dramatic impact on gun violence by addressing the state of mental healthcare in this nation than by banning some arbitrary pattern of rifle. But whatever helps so you don't see pictures of scary black rifles on TV.

>m-muh reddit spacing
Just admit defeat user.

the guy in op you actual brainlet

>they survived so it doesnt count

maybe if american kids weren't such little niggers they wouldn't be getting shot all the time

Yeah, we tried banning guns once too, that didn't go well either.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.

You're repeating the mistakes SJWs did six years ago. The pendulum will swing back to the left soon if you don't get yourselves together tbqhwu

>>Reddit spacing
Literally not an argument, sweetie.