Bart's shirt is blue

>Bart's shirt is blue

How did they fuck up such an obvious thing?

sneed?

Simpsons merchandise has been doing this for its entire run, and I don't know why. I've seen green shirt Barts and purple shirt Barts, when in the show it has pretty much been orange forever.
Someone edit that sign.

Why does Smingers have Magaggie

I miss going to the arcade and playing games like this and that Alien vs. Predator arcade cabinet. The only AvP that'll ever matter to me.

The goal if the game is to rescue her. I think she swallowed a jewel Mr. Burns wants or something. Can't remember the details been too long since I played this game.

Why does Selma have the same hairdo as Patty?

His shirt is blue in the simpsons comics from when I was a kid and they even reference it in an episode when homer wants to use bart to calm a raging bull because of his blue shirt which is absent

Close, she thinks its her pacifier so she sucking on it and for whatever reason they just kidnapped Maggie instead of just taking the jewel from her

>tfw someone mistakes you for Bart

Originally it was done on purpose to catch out bootlegged merch. They made all of the official Bart merch Blue in the thought that bootleggers would use the show colours.

>tfw was playing this arcade game by myself as a kid and 4 older kids came and shoved me to the floor so they could play

That's oddly arousing.

This game was made when the Simpsons was in its VERY early days, and man, does it fucking show.
>Smithers is a cape-wearing bomb-throwing supervillain
>Sideshow Bob actually helping the Simpsons by providing them with health power-ups
>Martin Prince doing graffiti of Skinner in the background
>Moe's Tavern is located under a cemetery
>Some of the enemies you fight are mobsters, a robot Krusty the Clown balloon, Life in Hell rabbits, a kabuki warrior, and a motherfucking grizzly bear
>Final boss is Mr. Burns in a robot suit
Shit was weird.

>tfw I never was able to solo it as a kid
>tfw I finally beat it 20 years later with my wife

There is something immensely satisfying about those feels.

It also had Marge as having rabbit ears under her hair (shown when she gets zapped by something), before they scrapped the concept.

Remember when Smithers was black?

knowing nothing about the game, maybe they wanted to avoid visual confusion with lisa. it looks like a game with a lot happening on the screen and you want to make sure both of your spiky-haired children can be easily told apart.

a lot of toys were blue too.
just go with it.

did it work?

Isn't it palette limitation? But then they could have made his short red so yeah it doesn't make much sense.

Jesus Christ, How Horrifying

the orange clashed with lisa's red dress maybe.

>palette limitation

nah, this is an arcade game in the 90s. no such limitation.

What the blue fuck?

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

It's because the season 1 concept art had Bart wearing a blue shirt for whatever reason, so when they sent out the designs to licensors to make merchandise out of, they would give Bart a blue shirt.

Rabbit ears exposed

It's pretty weird how much the blue shirt thing has stuck around.

I beat it in 1991 with with my brother and two cousins in a restaurant that had an arcade room in it. We kept running back to our parents for quarters when we would die.

Only game I ever beat in an arcade.

Also Moe's tavern was portrayed as a popular, upmarket, swanky cocktail bar.

clearly the events of the game take place during the early days of Flaming Moe's.

Way, way early in the show's run, the writers wanted to reveal that Marge's hair concealed rabbit ears as a shout out to Groening's Life in Hell

Old Simpsons tie-in media was weird, they didn't have a ton to work with so they had to make up their own shit.

that's pretty clever.

Wouldn't that have just encouraged people to buy the bootlegs with the show-accurate red-shirted Bart?

>they still haven't adapted the game into an actual episode
Might as well at this point.

I prefer it. Lisa's already wearing orange, Bart should've been blue to compliment it.

I think the real issue of continuity we need to discuss is the fact that Smithers is a cape-swirling villain who kidnapped a baby.

Nah, if you look, every Bart toy and doll from the 90's had a blue shirt

Linn kurosawa for sf5 or mvc:I WHEN?

Aw shit! I completly forget everything about yjis game!

I used to play it in arcade salons on my holyday, in the beach, twenty years ago, but I never passed the cementery's stage. I remember seeing a guy that reached one of the last levels. Since then he is my hero.

Remember how important the space mutants were in tie-in media?

I miss these early days of the Simpsons. There was an atmosphere to it that they lost even by seasons...4-8, say (even if those are very good). Something that really made the Simpsons stick out in the early days went missing forever.

>"Bart, where's your blue shirt?"
>"I don't have a blue shirt."

I'd rather them just make a cartoon based off of the arcade game and some of the Aliens comic books. Not all, just some. The one the toys were based off of (or vice versa)

Its also important to note they are based on the movie Bart sees in The Telltale Head and NOT Kang & Kodos as they didn't exist yet. I'm also surprised how much merchandise season 1 got, as nobody knew if the show was going to be a success or not yet.

IT AIN'T SNEED

I have that book. It has a family tree that shows Homer is a distant relative to Mr. Burns