ITT: comics for intelligent people

ITT: comics for intelligent people.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This comic pisses me off more than his other ones and it's not even close
>I don't like something so NOBODY does!

If your goal was to push the bile to the tip of my tongue, mission accomplished.

You're just not intelligent, I guess.

actually got me mad

>having a Russian main character in the middle of the Cold War
>the fucking communications officer, one of the most important jobs in a diplomatic/exploratory ship is a black woman
>the pilot is asian

Don't tell me, fuckwit never bothered admitting that he could be wrong about this, did he?

actually my engineering friend did what the guy in op's picture did before. then it happened again when i went to an engineering event, it is like engineers never drink. i know you dont have to drink at a party to have fun or DUDE WEED LMAO, but I mean their attitudes about it were the worst part. Each one was just so smug and wordy wordy like this post

beer that taste good:

beer that doesn't taste good:
steel reserve

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you - I was watching some reality television and drinking beer out of this foam dome.

He became even more smug

That's bizarre to me. Every single one of my engineering friends do their own home-brewing. I never knew an engineering guy who didn't love beer.

I feel bad for the guy. Make his successor gay for brownie points just to undermine his effort.

I don't entirely understand that whole situation. It's a whole new universe, and they're all new characters (more or less). Isn't neo-Sulu being gay just a tribute to Takei?

home brewing? that sounds like some engineering or hipster or redenck shit like woah look at me im making alcohol out of fermented rose pedals

Last time this comic came up, I was the one that posted it. It's the epitome of smug ignorance, either unaware or simply not caring about how progressive Star Trek actually was, especially for its time period. Just yesterday, I watched 'Court Martial', where Kirk is prosecuted for killing a member of his crew. His prosecutor, and a ranking member of JAG is a woman. His superior and the judge of the tribunal is black. The head of the Enterprise's records department, the only non-main character to testify in the trial, is an Asian woman. Roddenberry had to fight tooth and nail just to have Spock with pointed ears and to have any women at all on the crew. Uhura was a milestone (i.e. Whoopi Goldberg credits Nichols with why she's an actress, as the first time she saw Star Trek, she saw Uhura on the bridge, an officer among officers and ran screaming through the house shouting "MAMA! THERE'S A BLACK WOMAN ON TV AND SHE AIN'T NO MAID!" and Nichols was commended by MLK himself, despite the fuckery the network pulled with her.

Going "she answers the phones" is stupid on multiple levels, because it ignores what Uhura's job and it dismisses the significance of what Star Trek actually was like at that time and the significance of having Nichols there at all.

But I guess I'm not smart like the comic's creator.

It was intended to be, but it became a slap in the face. Originally, the crew of Beyond went to Takei and said "hey, you're gay and because of the work you've done both on Star Trek and for LGBT issues, we'd like to make nuSulu gay".

Takei basically said that he was flattered, but he didn't think nuSulu should be gay just because he was; he never played Sulu as gay, Sulu wasn't written or envisioned as gay, so he'd prefer them not doing that.

So the producers of Beyond made nuSulu gay over Takei's objections and took a few potshots at him for good measure.

It doesn't make sense in the canon. Takei knows this, and would rather they respect the canon than suck up to SJWs.

I have a feeling George Takei would not be happy at all about that comic since he was good friends with Roddenberry and knew how progressive and forward-thinking he was.

No, shit was always normal. The guys just liked to buy packages of yeast or whatever you use and brew their own IPAs or Stouts or Lagers.

>So the producers of Beyond made nuSulu gay over Takei's objections and took a few potshots at him for good measure.
Oh. Okay, that's fucking shitty.

Yeah. If they didn't ask him and just said they were making Sulu gay as a tribute to him because Sulu was never canonically said to be straight, sure fine. It's that they asked him, he didn't give them the answer they wanted, and they did it anyways.

I remember this other comic by the same guy where some man complains about how people just take pictures about everything when they travel, and then this other guy say something like, people should enjoy things the way they feel like to, or something.
And then there is this strip in OP's pic where the same guy say that people don't enjoy beer and everyone is pretending to do so. There is some other similar to this but with wine.
I always find it contradictory, or maybe it is not the same character.

Merry Monks ans Unholy are the shit, if you haven't tried it.

Engineer here, beer is good. Faggot from OP is a retard who thinks macros are the only thing that exists.

i'm not much one for the word ''bugman'' but i feel like that describes the xkcd audience perfectly

Well Sup Forums?

A lot of engineers are total faggots
the cool ones try to hang out with the scientists but get so BTFO that they don't bother anymore

the other punchline is better

Well I'm feeling more intelligent already.

Other punchline?

>pic related

The last panel had the grandpa saying "Nothing, I said nothing!"

>all the minorities are still subservient to the white male gary stu

That's unedited. That's what the original comic said.

no, it's similar but not the same.

TWO STARS.jpg

William Shatner is Jewish.

>all the minorities are still subservient to the Jewish protagonist

Shit, Sup Forums was right.

Huh. He actually is.

I used to feel that way until I realized I have no prospects. Beer tastes great now. Wine's still a bit shit, though.

>redacto ad hitlerium
fuck off

strawman

Wine is literally just fancy grape juice that they let go a little bit bad in exactly the right way. It's shit.

Yes?

That's really cute

The smartest comics are all silver age because you need to be intelligent to keep up with what's happening.

I don't like alcohol, but not because of the taste, because I fucking hate drunk people.

But that's because I'm an autistic Puritan. I'm not going to be smug about it.

>gang violence is a white problem

>But that's because I'm an autistic Puritan. I'm not going to be smug about it.
As long as you're honest, that's a perfectly fair opinion.

This fucking thread again?
please kys OP

>this is what niggers actually believe

When the fuck did this texting abbreviation shit start? I know it's been going on for years, but I can't remember when everyone switched from actually typing out shit to using abbreviations became the mainstream.

We need another panel of the businesses crying over ICE removing their illegal alien labor.

I don't even like beer myself and still think that comic is a load of shit. I accidentally drank some mistaking it for lemonade as at age 4 and the shock impression of the taste stuck ever since, so when i go out drinking i generally go whiskey, that said i can see the appeal and keep some in the fridge for when my buds come over.

No kid likes beer. Either your tastebuds mature or, more likely, they decay as you get older so bitter flavors become more palatable. Just asking, have you tried beer recently?

I had my first beer when I was 3. Dad left the room and left a small glass of beer on the table. I thought "Hey, I should try one of those things the adults drink!" and just downed it. I don't remember how it tasted to me, but I didn't really have a problem with it.
Wine tasted really sour to me, though. That was definitely an acquired taste, but these days I love it. Not sure if that makes this guy right or wrong, but he still sounds like a smug dick.

Yeah i know, last attempt was when i was 24, which was circa 4 years, i do have major sweet-tooth in general and as said i recognize that it is on my tastes rather then a objective flaw in the drink, i know some people like bitter stuff, but im not one of those people myself.

The OP thing is wrong. There is such a thing as an acquired taste, and I'm not trying to be some smug cunt about alcohol. Most vegetables are acquired taste. Very few children will willingly eat a fucking salad, but speak to them in 20 years, and it's a regular part of all their meals.

Difference is that one is normal and the other is deviant, which nobody wants to see.

that's kinda cute

>keep some in the fridge for when my buds come over.
You're a good person.

Didn't they throw a real life nazi grandma in jail? Despicable.

What "New Labor Rights Law" is the last panel referring to? Or is it arguing that labor rights are intrinsically good always?

She was like 90 and was thrown in prison because she was a nurse in the Third Reich.

It's likely whatever labour laws are being debated at the current time, like raising the minimum wage nowadays.

>because she was a nurse in the Third Reich.
That counts? I thought they just go for people who were directly involved in the actual camps and shit.

>There is too much lobby in politics

>he never played Sulu as gay, Sulu wasn't written or envisioned as gay, so he'd prefer them not doing that.
That's quite based of Takei. What with the culture wars never ceasing to rage, it's actually refreshing to see people who refuse to be devoured by blind tribalism and take a stand against their supposed "side." Independent thought doesn't seem to be dead quite yet. Too bad that couldn't be said of the people in charge.

Biker gang shootout? When was the last time that actually happened? Did the author think Sons of Anarchy was a fucking documentary?

May 17th, 2015. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Waco_shootout
It's still rare as fuck, but I'm answering your question.

$$$They$$$ were bored and decided to after old people for no reason.

I think she was allegedly involved with inhumane abortions and medical experiments.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm all for hunting down Nazis no matter how fucking old they are if they were involved in the worst of it. But a nurse? What was she actually doing at that time?

Okay, that would count.

Still this should be illegal because of due process and statute of limitations, but people don't care about justice and fairness.

Would Batman rescue her?

>tfw you grew up in Waco

Why is there such a huge amount of crazy shit that happens in my hometown?

She's not the Joker, so obviously no.

Holy fuck I'm mad

Kirk fucks up constantly and is almost entirely flawed. But i know it's the cool thing to pretend to like Star trek and be a smug faggot about it

Hunting down grannies is a waste of state ressources plain and simple. These old people are not a threat to anyone anymore and persecuting them accomplishes nothing. Or at least not nearly enough compared to the cost. There are far more pressing matters which ought to be at the center of the justice system's attention instead of wartime crimes from over 70 years ago.

>gay asian

>No rockets allowed
No seriously, what did they mean by this?

>Here is an observation about real life
>I am smarter than everyone else so therefore I have the "Logical" point of view
>Everyone else is dumber and/or racist, so they have the stupid view.
>The end is me mocking the stupid brainlets for not having the superior, enlightened point of view.

Why is XKCD such shit? Why are people who suck its dick the dumbest people of all?

Answered a job interview like this one time, got it too.

Sincere trolling is always the most effective.