Was he right?

Was he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0S3aH-BNf6I
twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/901519618686148608
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have no idea what this clearly illiterate fool is trying to say.

No. Not at all.

No, not really. And hoenstly, you should not be listening to this kind of shit.

"Emotions don't exist"

Op is quoting himself. That's why the name is covered.

>You cannot evoke emotions from art. It only evokes memories of images from your past. Emotions do not exist.

what did he mean by this?

That makes no fucking sense.

Assblast so powerful it became sentient on its own

youtube.com/watch?v=0S3aH-BNf6I

bad artist minimizing the skill required to make art so he can pretend it's so easy he can learn it whenever he wants, and that whenever is not now, as he's happy with his "pure" current vision. Since learning art means learning lies and tricks.

>Emotions do not exist.

I feel emotions every day of my life, Dennis.

SHUT THE FUCK UP, CARL! I TRYING TO BE POWERFUL!

Just don't pull your back out this time.

Shit 'artist' attempting to invalidate skill and training because fee fees

>fee fees

We prefer the term fee-wees

>fee fees

What?

Feelings

well, it's an interesting point. Technically nobody has experienced any of the crazy shit most fictional characters go through, but in terms of visual storytelling (especially subliminal storytelling) the reason we go for certain kinds of symbolism is because they remind us of a certain kind of trigger that illicits an emotion.

Example: a bright, sterile white room in a comic isnt necessarily bringing any emotions to you because of the art, but because of subjective memories of the reader regarding bright sterile white rooms in hospitals, which has different kinds of connotations.

I think it ignores when certain visual language becomes a "meme" of sorts despite people having no common natural memory of it outside of art. But technically speaking, he's not incorrect in his assertion that visual storytelling is less about evoking emotion through creating something original, but instead about translating different psychological triggers onto the audience to create the correct circumstances for emotion to exist.

But the triggers does produce emotions. His entire argument is that art does not evoke emotions at all, which anyone with half a brain can tell right away that is incorrect.

Yes, the triggers produce emotions, but not because of the art alone, but because the subconscious memories are facilitated into the conscious by that art. In practice its a negligible detail, but still interesting to think about.

I mean, for instance, let's take a comic that's completely unrelatable to a lot of people, some girl power comic that shits on men, right? It's made for a certain kind of audience that has a certain kind of life and a certain set of memory memes in place from the community they set themselves in. If you're not in it, its not like america chavez is gonna make anyone cry, or some YASSS QUEEEEN blowing the fuck out of some dude.

But what emotions does it trigger in people? The emotions associated with memories of that community to a lot of people here, which ranges from annoyance, disgust, anger, generally shit that makes you less ready to go "oh these beautiful pee oh cee smashing the patriarchee!", and more ready to reach into the "this is shitty writing and I hate these characters and these smug people" memories.

the main thing I'm getting at is that art is subjective because of memories, art is subjective because people are subjective, and it's a little pernicious to think art in and of itself will always illicit emotion without a larger context of psychology and cultural memories.

This is what the Rick and Morty Generation believes.

WW3 can't come soon enough....

>everything I don't like is Rick and Morty
>everything I don't think is popular opinion
I'm sure there's a name for what you have.

Is that Jaden Smith?

Will you fight? Or will you perish like a dog?

I think he wants writing credits.

>left side of the brain

Not this shit again, and it don't even made sense in the context he used

THIS

Generation Z is the worst.

Who is this retard and what kind of high art do they make from their high horse?

How you can type shit on twitch black your name out and say something retarded without getting any blacklash for it.

This better not be you, OP.

Source: twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/901519618686148608

Pic Related is somebody using the brain meme wrong, I think.