WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/composer-hans-zimmer-talks-interstellar-745891
youtube.com/watch?v=L2Brm4g4HPU
getyarn.io/yarn-clip/12de1790-14e1-4e34-b4f0-339b10582c0f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

People are defined by what they do, not what they think, say, or feel. Pretty straight forward, dumbass.

nolan is a fucking hack

>It's not who I am underneath...
>but what my race is that defines me
Holy shit Raimi

That's not even his most moronic line

“this isnt a cahh”

You just think that's moronic because muh stem and love is stupid.

JESUS NOLAN

It doesn't matter who he is under the mask, it's the actions that define the character of batman

> moronic because muh stem
True, but if we ignore basic biology, how is this statement not true for all emotions? What makes love so special?

Batman posits that his real identity, playboy billionaire Bruce Wayne, does not define him as a person. Rather, his actions as Batman are his greatest contribution to society and is, ultimately, what he believes defines him.

Its moronic because its objectively wrong you god damn retard

>nice car

"YOU SHOULD SEE MY OTHER ONE."

>Love makes Coop transcend time and space

it's like pottery

Wait, wouldn't we be able to perceive anger, guilt, sadness, and all the emotions too? What the fuck

it would be a bit scary to be in space with two other scientists and one of them started to talk like this

Nolans movie have terrible dialogue, terrible stories, and no cohesive plot. He just does big braaaaaaaaaap visuals and cucks and reddit suck his dick.

He is a hack.

>It's not who I Chuck underneath
>but what I Sneed that defines me

I would assume that she’s horny and want sum fuck in space

batman is a girl inside

It's actually a fundamental concept underlying Sartre's existential stance. It doesn't matter who you are underneath, essentially what you regard yourself as, if you're a certain status, race, religion, etc. All that matters is the action you take.

So many people consider themselves a good person, a kind person, a generous person. But if you aren't out helping people, trying to lift people up, giving things to others, then it doesn't matter worth a shit what you regard yourself as.

The positive is inside you may feel like a hack, a jerk, but if you do your best and are good to other people, then that's who you are - a good person.

It's particulary off setting when you remember the context of the dialoge, it's when they argue for what planet they should visit and their options are limited and this dumb moron, starts arguing for the planet of her lover despite no one having recieved anything from him and is presumed dead.

Hey, lets flip a coin instead of making a informed decision.

go to bed Zack

god, sometimes I forget how awful is this movie

A person is defined by his actions, not by his state of being,
Next question.

>I forget how awful is this movie
woah... so this is the power of Interstellar haters

The context makes it sensible though because it's clear that she's just pulling out whatever she can to get them to go to that planet.

>Black Panther has an 97% while TDK has 94 and Spiderman2 has 93
stop posting RT like it means anything

>haters
how old are you, 10?

He was telling his oneitis his true identity.

>M-MUH AUDIENCE SCORE

conditions I deem fair, kiss the oscar losah

>The context makes it sensible though
Not when it's the whole hypotesis of the fucking film, Nolan spells it out right there. That's what I suspect and Nolan spends the whole third act trying to prove this in his hypothetical scenario of Coop, through the love towards his daughter, saves humanity and Murph. It's Love=Gravity and that emotions can be considered a cosmic force.

audience score is also shit, no capeshit movie should earn more than a 7, it's mostly garbage that looks good and appeals to kids and manchilds
TDK is the only exception

She's trying to use her position over cool to get to the planet she wants to go to. She begins argueing from an emotive angle because that's what women do.

not just all emotions, all memory her argument is because you love dead people love transcends space and time, well I ate a hotdog once and I remember that too so I guess hotdogs transcend space and time

Perception is reality

I'd argue Batman Begins and The Dark Knight being the exception, with Rises being a rushed sequel dealing with how to end a trilogy and the death of Ledger.

Of course you would assume that.

yeah, nolan trilogy surpasses the whole supergero genre.
Spiderman 2 is also very good. You can argue for Watchmen too I guess, but I feel it's more of a deconstruction of than a Superhero movie. The rest is more of the same for me.

That one's easy: "I'm an actress in a shit movie"

>It doesn't matter who I am
>What matters is my plan

Like pottery

It means that it's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

ah, it feels like yesterday that this board was filled leto's joker shitposting
good times

this

its fiction, if you can't get over yourself for one hour and just go with the premise, if its so horrible for you that a character in a fictitious work says that love transcends time, then I think you are the retard.

its actually a great line you fucking faggot and its very easy to understand

Easy man you gotta calm down OPs trolling

this checked

it means you might be a fag that says you're not racist but you still clench up when you walk around at night and see black dudes on the sidrwalk

absolute brainlet detected
it doesn't mean love is a phenomenon like gravity that somehow transcends dimensions
it means that a human connection is what allowed alrightalrightalright to communicate through time and space
without the "anchor" of his daughter the fourth dimension is infinite

Love is transdimentional midi-chlorians you utter brainlet

Came here to post this.

Jonathan is the key to all this

Why do people like you insist that the most retarded possible explanation is the "correct" one?
Do you want to be a miserable cunt?

>After all these years, Batman Begins
Why did WB cut this line?

Well do enlighten me.

no one's ever loved you have they user?

Yeah, but you can still love a dead person. You don't even remember the hot dog, other than it was a hot dog. You likely don't even remember the taste. When you think of someone or something you love, almost all of your senses have that person imprinted on you.

I'm not a fan of the line, but in the context she was using it, it made perfect sense to everyone without emotionally crippling autism.

A desperate emotional woman saying a thing doesn't make that thing an insurmountable fact.
>but why would it be in the movie if it doesn't mean anything!
It shows how desperate and emotional the formerly calm and collected Dr. Brand became due to the extreme situation she's in.
>But coop says it later!
And instantly redacts it.

Everything you said can be attributed to hatred.

I have no issues with "love can be felt across time and space"
I have issues with "love is the One And Only thing we can percieve across time and space."

fucking whedon

not as bad as cutting this scene.

Nope, only love has quantum properties. Science doesn't know why exactly yet.

tdkr Sup Forums cut when?

This is actually my favourite moment in the dark knight trilogy. How incredulous she is that the hero under the mask is the Bruce she thought had become aimless and pathetic.

It means virtue signaling is for faggots

The line wouldnt be in the film if the point was to make Brand seem emotionally charged, that observation was all ready made by Cooper after Brand had insisted on her lovers planet and if your reasoning for it was the case, it would be superfluous.

It's a pretty dramatically charged statement within the film and script.

Yes, Cooper discards it as sentimental drivel there and then, but it's a sentiment that gets repeated through out the film.
When Cooper meets Murphy for the last time on here death bed, dont you think Nolan wants you to have the line "love trancends time and space" echoing through your head?

It's the whole point of the fucking film.

>In one night, he wrote a four-minute piece with piano and organ. "I really just wrote about what it meant to be a father," said Zimmer. "And [Nolan] came down and sat on my couch and I played it for him. He goes, 'Well, I better make the movie now.' And I'm going, what is the movie? And he starts describing this huge journey, this vast canvas of space and philosophy and science and all these things. And I'm going, 'Hang on. I've written you this tiny little thing here.' And he goes, 'Yes, but I now know what the heart of the story is.'
hollywoodreporter.com/news/composer-hans-zimmer-talks-interstellar-745891

youtube.com/watch?v=L2Brm4g4HPU

This. It's more that the human will and spirit will always find a way if driven enough. That's the moral of the film. Not that LOVE literally is a force of nature that transcends time and space.

So he's saying that you shouldn't care who he was before he put on the mask?

Reminder that the happy ending here is Ann Hathaway giving up her career as a scientist, her independence, and probably even her mobility and becoming permanently pregnant with spawn after spawn to repopulate the human race until she's the human equivalent of a naked mole rat queen.

An he still got cucked by Harvey Dent, someone should make the meme of the virgin Bruce Wayne and the chad Harvey Dent

>all those metaphysics thinking space and time exist outside our mind

>The driving force behind the main characters' actions isn't worth exploring
I'm not saying it isn't a strong theme. I'm saying that there is no other reason for you to believe that it's supposed to be magic than wanting to flaunt your "superior taste and eloquence".
When there are other equally if not more feasible explanations available calling a thing stupid because of your own interpretation just is a fedora tier move.

Batman's true identity doesn't matter. Batman's actions are what matter.

>implying hatred isn't a form of love
Get a load of this brainlet.

if the line weren't delivered like a scientific thesis it might have been appropriate

>Hate is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space

Hitler really loved the Jews, his final solution was to save them from this mundane universe.

broke: Hitler was a very bad man that killed over 6 MILLION innocent Jews. The Nazis were one of the most insane and evil regimes to ever exists.

woke: Nazi Aryan spirituality penetrated the veil of mundane existence. Hitler, an ascended master, was trying to release the Jewi from Samsara into the next stage of 4th dimensional existence.

he's saying Bruce Wayne is the mask and Batman is the man... you people are so fucking dumb for christ's sake.

>Love overpowers all!

Is the most tired shit in culture ever. I wish someone made a film that just mentioned love, but gave much more important value to will to survive and the pure natural jealousy of your bloodline

getyarn.io/yarn-clip/12de1790-14e1-4e34-b4f0-339b10582c0f

You're absolutely right. The line is only offensive to literal minded rerards who didn't see this (okay) film.

>I wish someone made a film that just mentioned love, but gave much more important value to will to survive and the pure natural jealousy of your bloodline
That's what love is.