Iron Man Thread

Post Tonys.

Nobody likes Tone?

Nope

is that a legit marvel comics panel?

>Iron Man
>Man
You fucking disgusting sexist racist shitlord, we have a superior iron person now, time to move on.

Piece of shit , iron fag

Jeez user, did you get raped with an iron dildo or something?

>not Ironcock

I am old. I remember a time when Iron Man was simply a hero.

No winter lasts forever: no amount of shitty writing or misguided attempts to force change for the sake of change alone can erase a true hero forever.

Iron is the most stable element on the periodic table; you can melt it, forge it, it may rust or bend, but it will never cease to be iron.

Best Tony

Hot damn, now that's a classic.

Well said user, well said.

I admit this is childish.

It is REALLY insane how everybody wanted to fix RIRI.

I mean, privilege liberal girl is a good idea on book. But, bendis keep on making her mary-sue.

>mary-sue.

I mean terrible character.

The guy cant fuck Gamora. What makes him think he can fuck SheHulk.

Gamora ate diamonds in the crib. I imagine She-Hulk is a tad less hardcore than that...

Oh yeah...

i miss Rumiko a bit.

>not solid dick

I miss her more than any other character.

She was pretty great. I liked the little Piyo shirt she had.

Post Toni's

Jeez, Iron Man books seem to really love big tittied Asians...

I like her a lot more than Riri. Shame she gets barely any art.

He gets a better rap in other books than in his own.

"More to the point, why is Mercy here?"

can you blame them?

Unfortunately, her being a prexisting character means Bendis would have to care about continuity.
Though, weirdly enough, there's already a young black female engineer/programmer he could have used in the form of Lila Rhodes.
Y'know, James Rhodes' niece?

Toni.

>Comic books seem to really love big tittied Asians

Oh yeah, I remember her!

If only SHE had been Tony's successor. But it seems she's quitting the armor business.

RDJ.jpg

>Though, weirdly enough, there's already a young black female engineer/programmer he could have used in the form of Lila Rhodes.
At this point everybody knows Bendis just wanted an OC so he could cash in on the royalty instead of actually caring about diversity or progressiveness.

Posting something an user wrote a long time ago.

While I agree with everything that user said I think a lot of people just don't like Tony because he's done bad shit and seemingly gets away with it because the writers write him into a hole and then when they need him in a scenario they have to reset him and his relationships with other characters as if nothing happened to get the plot moving. Meanwhile there's characters that still get blamed or not trusted for the things they've done in the past.

Brother from another mother. Say it.

Kaminski is my favorite IM writer, btw.

Well, to be fair, he never really got forgiven. Sliding Time Scale and all, pople just moved past it. Nobody really gives Bucky any grief, and Superior Spider-Man has been swept under the rug. Past mistakes come up only when they service the story. IM I think is one of those characters that would work better in a mini-U, where changes could be permanent, with a story with a beginning, middle and end.

I remember that. It was when Widow wanted the IronCock, wasn't it?

We can thank Mark Millar for almost all of that.

Widow wanting the Iron Cock was in her first appearance.

You're right, but Sup Forums still screams autistically about all the shit he's done whether it was OOC and written by a person who has no understanding of his character or not.

>All of these cute Iron Girl, hell Rodney niece was hinted in the Marvel Now 2.0 preview ready to be chosen.
>Bendis goes ahead of makes his own privilege middle-class black girl so that he can get that sweet royalty money-I mean create a inspiring black feminist icon that all fans can enjoy.

Riri is a icon, all Bendis sees in her is money.

I meant ISN'T a icon.

The correction is Riri is a spoilt little brat.

It was in that story as well. Stark goes to Russia to open a factory or something as a gesture of good will, and Widow is his welcoming comitee. She's playful throughout the story, and it's implied they fuck in the ending of #317.

Eh, Sup Forums screams because they'd rather shitpost about the same stuff rather than have an actual discussion.

Saved.
This is going to sound a bit autistic, but in my personal experience (and I mean with in real life persons) it seems to me the majority of people love when someone they consider smarter fails or gets something wrong. They can capitalize on those few moments for years. Also, something interesting is that they react to these mistakes very aggressively: I've seen a lot of scenes where a "four eyes" admits to be wrong calmly while 2 or 3 guys go for his throat the moment they realize they're right.
I don't know if it's their way to cope with inferiority complexes or just people in general not knowing to behave when they win something. I mean, I do have an inferiority complex and I realize I do similar shit out of it sometimes, which I'm not proud of.

But in general, the public tends to expect more from supposedly smart characters, so I guess it's kinda natural people are less forgiving of their lows. That is to say, it's not that they're exaggerating their faults, is that they expect them to be "less flawed" because the public has an unrealistic perspective of smart people.
Case in point: writers who think smart people function like wizards like pic related describes.

Making a comic where Tony goes back to making weapons for the government is like having Spider-man quit crimefighting so he can go back to show business. It shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the character.

If something like that happened to Captain America or Thor there would be blood in the streets, it's bullshit.

They should have taken the easy way out after Civil War and just had Tony be a skrull.

>If something like that happened to Captain America or Thor
>If
>Captain America
It's happening right now and people are extremely upset with it.

That would cheapen the whole "It wasn't worth it" shtick. How did Sup Forums even react to that whole bit? I wasn't around much for when it happened. I'd imagine a lot of vindication.

That one page wasn't worth tanking his character for 10+ years.

To be honest, I like it when smart characters fail or struggle. The whole "glance at the equation and solve it" trope is one of my least liked ones. Back in the day, bullshit science aside, they actually struggled with concepts, ideas, formulas, all that jazz. Nowadays the science whizzes just take a glance at alien tech and can instantly come up with tons of theories. It's silly. And now, with characters like Ree-Ree and Moongirl it's even worse.

Back then, they actually got through Uni, and while they were "top of the top" at their field, they were still "just" excellent at their field. Right now, you have 5 year olds be able to hold conversations with NASA scientists. It's moronic.

Anyway, back to the failing part, I think it makes them human, and more well-rounded. How you struggle and cope with failure is a key part of being a hero. If everything's nice and cozy and the characters never hit a hurdle, then they're not worth their salt.

I will agree that some people just look for the "loses" parts to just back up their disdain for the character.

Eh, I don't think making weapons itself is bad. We've had Stark designing stuff like the Clean Nuke since the DoS era. Stark industries has to stay afloat somehow, and I doubt it's all due to commercial products. Having weapons to defend your country isn't a sin, and I say that as non-American (Yuropoor, actually). That's not to say Tony should give up stuff like green energy or whatever, but weapons designing itself isn't a "bad" thing. Granted, we're talking about stuff like drones and whatnot. Leave the trully horrific stuff to the villains.

Captain Anthony Tiberius Kirk-Stark Bump

>To be honest, I like it when smart characters fail or struggle
Oh, I'm not saying that's bad. It helps the character to grow and conflict is great (a lot of the times necessary even) for good writing. I'm just saying that a lot of people get way more angry when a smart character fails that when a normal one does, and they enjoy to see it not because it may be interesting for the story (which it is, but depends on the execution as always) but out of spite for that character. Which is why people keep capitalizing on Tony's past failures and even use CW1 as an example, even though most of them admit it was mediocrely written and the heroes (including Tony) acted so out of character.

>The whole "glance at the equation and solve it" trope is one of my least liked ones
Yeah, I hate this one too. I like to see scientist-type guys working and doing some research (even if I don't understand or is all "invented comic science"), not pulling solutions like rabbits out of their magician hats.

>It was in that story as well. Stark goes to Russia to open a factory or something as a gesture of good will, and Widow is his welcoming comitee. She's playful throughout the story, and it's implied they fuck in the ending of #317.

user... I know. Natasha was always hot for Stark.

Kinda like 'The Big Bang theory'.

>Leave the trully horrific stuff to the villains.

That was good in 'Superior Iron Man': that one issue where he sells a weapon systems design to the US government for $600,000,000,000 - basically coercing them into it by informing them the Chinese and Russians can bid on it, as well, and the weapons expert analyzing it looks at Tony like he is a monster. We never learn what the system entails, but it must be pretty awful considering some of the stuff he actually DID build.

Oh, I did so love the way this series took every opportunity to piss all over Tony Stark's scientific genius. And by that I mean I wanted to kill the writer with a rusty saw.

>Oh, I'm not saying that's bad.
Yeah I got that, I was just adding my opinion the whole "failing" thing. But yeah, some people are just cunts.

>Yeah, I hate this one too.
Exactly. The "Grind" of it all is good.

>user... I know. Natasha was always hot for Stark.
Oh darn, I misread. Yeah, that's been her thing since her FA.

>That was good in 'Superior Iron Man':
Considering one of his throwaway weapons was the Bio-Bomb, it was probably pretty horrific.

Eh, it's Bendis, what did you expect? But him being a ST nerd is a nice addition. Imagine him and Doom (who's another canon ST fan) fighting over trivia. Doom becoming an Iron Man regular had potential all things considered, it's just that the execution was rather bland.

Posting Stepjan fun.

This and Extremis were the last good Iron Man runs.

Everything around and after that, including and especially Fraction's runs, were the nails in the coffin for the character.

That's effectively what Michelenie and Layton did with their 80's run, still probably the best the character's ever been. There's a load of miniseries they did over the years that to all intents and purposes aren't canon, but pick up from where their run ended and go right through to Tony as an old man and his death.

Do you remember any of these minis? I'm familiar with the modern ones (Hypervelocity, Rapture, etc, etc), but not with those ones. Legacy of Doom is canon, right?

I think the last one they did was Iron Man 258.1-258.4, which is what would have been their Armor Wars II story had they not fucked off to Valiant back in the day.

I remember Bad Blood was one of them, I can't find any reference to the others online. I'm sure they did a miniseries that was basically Batman Beyond: Iron Man edition at some point but google's telling me I imagined it.

Thanks for the info user!

Agreed, plebs go apeshit when patricians slip up. for example: medical malpractice lawsuits holds doctors up to an insane standard, where you basically have to be a machine to not get sued every few years, because you made a small human error. and (murifats) wonder why we can't have affordable healthcare.

f-fuck, i never noticed that.. now i feel even worse

That's a pretty good summation of Tony's character right there

I just miss it when Tony could hold on to a supporting cast for more than 5 minutes.